NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

It should be true

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 9>
Author
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 4:42pm
Phil, I've been sitting back for awhile as well watching the comments being posted and I feel the urge to ask you.

If you believe that there is no God then how do you explain how you got here? Did you (I don't mean that personally) evolve from an ape like some have suggested or was there some big explosion and poof you were here?

I'd really like to know.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 5:17pm
Human beings are three dimensional, that's all we know.There's a lot more to this world than any person can understand.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 5:57pm
Morfoot,

Unlike religion, I don't claim to know all the answers which cannot possibly be known. Any scientist must concede that we don't fully understand the universe. However, it's very clear that the bible does not(nor any other religious book) represent our best understanding of the universe.

As far as how we got here, I think the best explanation at this point is evolution by natural selection. Random genetic mutation over millions of years in the context of environmental pressures.

Christians pray all the time. I'm sure there have been situations where parents are praying for their child who has lost a limb. They pray that God allow the limb to be regrown. This happens to salamanders every day, presumably without prayer. Hmm.

Will you even question your faith, your religion? Probably not because your taught not too. This is what makes reasoning with people of faith an impossible task. Essentially, religion is brain washing. After all Christians don't believe Dinosaurs ever existed.

Humans should use the same criteria we use in every other area of our lives to judge the reasonableness of these extraordinary claims and extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I don't think Religion is as great as you all think it is. Have you any idea how much hatred has been caused by religion? Most wars, the crusades, the inquisition, arranged marriages to minors, 9/11, the suppresion of women, ethnic cleansing, human sacrifice, burning witches, condoning slavery, and Priests molesting children.

My beef is not with any one specific religion. It's religion in general. Though I hold Christians closest because they hold the majority here in the states.

Based on a lot of your locations, I think I picked a religious fight with the bible belt
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 7:10pm
Phil, do not understand where you are trying to go with this subject,do not know what your motives are either.I have met you and considered you to be part of us or we would not have invited you to our campsite nor engaged you with conversation till wee hours of the A M.
But with that being said I think you are totally out of line here.I will not display my religion nor condemn others for that basic right of religious freedom.If you do not believe there is a higher power that is your call.I will not try to introduce you to the God of my understanding. If I do, I have crossed that line.
Please have the same respect for others on this site, such as Karen and I,that have been given to you.DO NOT TRY TO SHOVE YOUR BULL *************** DOWN MY THROAT UNDER THE GUISE THAT EDUCATION PROVES THERE IS NO GOD.
I have read all you have to say and some comments from others here that YOU HAVE OFFENDED, myself included.
This is a site about boats, motors and the buying , selling and trading of info pertaining to our passion.
If your mission here is to promote an agenda that is contrary to my believes, again YOU have crossed the line.You clearly have have problem with that word GOD, and the concept, comfort and understanding that comes with that empowerment.   
I think you need to take your ball and go home.We will not cry nor beg for your return.
I will also save my prayers for those that need a little help to get thru day to day life, sounds as if you need no one in your life but PHIL.Must be a lonely life you lead my BOY.
Now get back to questions answers and pics of old boats,and step down off your soap box.............

We have had enough of your political and religious views!!!!!!!!!!!!
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by phospher phospher wrote:

I'm an atheist and have been since around the time I stopped believing in Santa Clause

I can handle this discussion about religion. But what's this about not believing in Santa? He brought me a new pair of wake skis last year.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 8:05pm
Boat Dr,

Now that's the Christian response I was looking for. Did you learn that in Sunday School?(Just Kidding!)

I'm sorry that you are so offended and worked up. I think up until your comments we were having a somewhat civil conversation. Seems like you are ok with Political/Religious comments so long as you share the same views. Sure sounds like hypocrisy to me.

I never forced your mouse into this thread. You chose to read it. You could simply ignore it if you wish but considering that it has received over 1k views I think there are plenty of people who find it interesting.

Just one correction, I never said there is no God. There is no way for me to know or prove that there isn't. What I said was that there is not one shred of evidence for anyone to believe that there is a God and that religion is the one aspect of life that requires no proof and always get's a pass.

Tullfooter,

LOL, I would be interested to hear what you think of wake skiing. My brother who is a big snow skier just bought a pair and is looking forward to using them this summer.
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 8:35pm
Phil,
I need to back track and catch up with this thread. I appreciate your continued reponse to comments and questions. A note for now is...It is not a fight and you have seen to it, It is a goooood discussion.
bj
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 8:40pm
Hey Doc don't rain on my parade. We are having fun here. It is in the off topic catagory.
bj
hasbeenskier
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 8:42pm
This is correct Phil,but as I remember the conversation we had around the camp fire that nite, your life was a WRECK and getting even worse.Possibly the reason for the circle of friends that we had that nite.
There is a lot of life that I cannot change nor have control over, but several phone calls on this subject brought me into this thread.Most are having a ball with you, attitude and views are not well received regardless of what you think.
There are lots here that I do not agree with, Chris and I still go toe to toe, but he and I add to this site.If 79 called and needed me I would be there in a heartbeat, and I think he would do the same for me.
Then there are those that come here to stir s hit or to ruffle feathers just because they can.There are those that I will call PREDATORS,they add no good to the site as to the mission that Keith intended this to be.
You Phil have now been added to this P list in my DATA FILE....With the amount of prayers that were said in and around your boat at the start of every work day and the christian atmosphere your boat was built in, I ask one question.

Why would you own a CorrectCraft, or did you not know the Christian beliefs that the Maloons followed in every aspect of their lives. Sounds like you are the hypocrite,not me.
Too remain true I have one request ................

Sell your boat and buy a Mastercraft,God is hiding out in your boat waiting to get you.Do it now before it is too late.I could possibly change your life for the better...........

Gotta go/ you are not worth the time nor my prayers.........Billy
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 9:04pm
I'll just say that I'm enjoying the discussion to a point. At some point you can tell it's not worth trying to convince the other, but I'm always one for a healthy debate. I also think it is good to share what you believe even if your intent isn't to convince or convert the toehr person. At the end of the day, we all have our beliefs and it's good to respect each other's beliefs. I pray that each one of us finds the truth someday and our lives are better because of it.

Phil,

My prayer for you specifically is that you continue to have an open mind and heart and that someday God will reveal Himself to you in a way that gives you the proof you need to believe in Him.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 10:24pm
Okie Boarder,
      I Love Ya Man!
   Not to short ANYONE else but if you read this whole thing it's EASY to see where people stand. Heck I'm not right half the time but if you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything!
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 11:37pm
Phil,

This topic certainly has had me thinking! You are right, you did "pick a religious fight", which of course, was your intent. Your first post questions anyone's intelligence who believes in God, further ridicules them if they are educated and believe in God, suggests that only the insane would believe in the presence of Christ in the Eucharist, then goes on to quote George Carlin's take on religion.   Why?

The existence of God cannot be proven or dis-proven by science, all of the examples you cite about the evils of religion are acts of man. What you don't cite are any of teachings of religion that don't fit your argument.

You really have me thinking about the history of civilization and the acts of man committed in the name of God, it is apparent that the main teaching of the New Testament, that of love and redemption is sadly lacking in our world. You've reminded me to pray to God to look past myself, my shortcomings and those of my fellow man, and to instead, be more loving, be more kind, reach out with helping hand.

I've enjoyed the conversation, I'd ask you to be more loving and kind, in the name of God, if that is what you believe, or just for the benefit of your fellow forum members!

phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 12:46am
Ok, I don't have a lot of time now so just a quick reply.

BOAT DR,

Don't know what the heck you are smoking or who you think I am but I've never met you, sure as hell never sat at a camp fire with you, and I don't even own a correct craft. Get your head in the game there doc. As I was saying you are a hypocrite.

and "P list in my DATA FILE" ohhhh no, not the P list.

Okie,

Despite our religious views I still have a lot of respect for you. And that goes for most of you. I'm sure you are a great bunch of guys and I know a lot of you are very knowledgeable about inboard boats which is what brought me to this site to begin with. If this thread is getting to out of hand then have someone shut it down. I agree with all of you that no views will be changed and it's not worth getting in a fight about it. But I too enjoy these conversations and am an advocate of critical thinking.

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 1:21am
NO smoke , just supididty............Sorry for the posts and my opinion............Billy
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 9:00am
would you boys be considered to be living in the Bible belt? I dont like the no beer on Sunday rules. I BELIEVE, I'll have another one lol,
I watch all these paranormal shows, and ive seen *************** i cant explain and dont question it, your soul leaves your body, some stick around and some go towards the light, beyond the light is what is curious to me....but i hear you get a kitchen pass because God forgives all sins so im pretty much good to go
"the things you own will start to own you"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 12:59pm
Eric, I am a Southern Baptist so I take a liberty here.

Do you know the difference between a Baptist an a Lutheran?

Answer: A Baptist won't speak to you in a liquor store.
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 1:03pm
It has been good for me to read the comments of faith and conviction here and I do not expect to see anyone ones views flip. Never the less if GOD chooses to...
hasbeenskier
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 2:35pm
being close to god as i am, I went to a wheel chair convention Saturday, and the expo truck never showed with the wheelchairs, Needless to say the place was crawling with psy
"the things you own will start to own you"
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 3:23pm

Will you even question your faith, your religion? Probably not because your taught not too. This is what makes reasoning with people of faith an impossible task. Essentially, religion is brain washing. After all Christians don't believe Dinosaurs ever existed.

Careful here Phil, you're making a few generalizations and when you start doing that your points and arguments become less poignant.

phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 4:10pm
Yeah, but it's true.

Do you think it's crazy that the Koran and the hadith contain incitements to kill infidels and reward such actions with Paradise including 72 virgins?

Obviously, Christians don't believe this but don't you think it's crazy to be Islam and believe this?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 4:20pm
sorry the phone's not ringing. Friendships are earned and long lasting, and why you go to bat for them. Having a conversation with a stranger or aquantints is being respecticfull and polite and is a reflection of ones character and morals neither of which requires a church, temple or place of worship to have or demonstrate.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 4:25pm

As far as how we got here, I think the best explanation at this point is evolution by natural selection. Random genetic mutation over millions of years in the context of environmental pressures.

If you truly believe this one then where did first organisms come from? Someone had to create them. If that is the case why haven't all the other animals evolved like man? Matter or Man just doesn't evolve from nothing.

I am a Christian sir, and am proud to call myself one. D Am I perfect no not in any way and as far as I'm concerned the ONLY perfect man was Jesus Christ and he was beaten, tortured, nailed to tree by man to save me from the wrongs that I do. I go to church to learn more about the way that MY God wants me to be. It's not being indoctrined or brainwashed. It is a choice and my choice alone.

As far as the dinosaurs go; I believe that they exsisted. I don't know why and believe me I intend to ask my creator when I get there. I question allot of things but I know that my faith has gotten me through tough times and will continue to do so. There is a reason for everything and I believe that. You and I do not know the answers but my God does.

Talk to David Burkowitz (Son-of-Sam); he did the horrible things he did but since he has been locked up for the rest of his life he has found comfort in the Lord Jesus Christ. You tell me how a man so evil can be so happy day to day by just evolving. It's called faith and believing in it!

John 3:16

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by 65 'cuda 65 'cuda wrote:

The existence of God cannot be proven or dis-proven by science

I can't disprove that there aren't faries either but I'm pretty sure there aren't.
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 4:44pm

Yeah, but it's true.

Your generalizations are true?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 4:44pm
guess if we make it or don't make it past 2012 we'll have a definitive answer then won't we?
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 4:46pm
Quote You tell me how a man so evil can be so happy day to day by just evolving. It's called faith and believing in it!

LoL, Umm no. He was a neurotic and suffering from paranoid schizophrenia.

Dinosaurs, so you think the bible is wrong and the earth is really much older than 6k years old? Dinosaurs existed millions of years ago which contradicts the bible. Have you ever wondered why there is no mention of dinosaurs in the bible? Seems like a pretty important thing to mention. And the 10 commandments where those really the best God could come up with? Again, not impressed.

And yes terp. My generalizations.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 5:11pm
Phil,
Humans came up with the definition of "Year" One of Gods' days might be 1000 "years". No one knows for sure and just because you haven't seen a fairy doesn't mean they don't exist.

Curious, if your kids came home and told you they converted to Christianity would you call them what you are calling us CCfans that are Christians?

Do you partake in "Christmas" and Santa Claus (for your kids)? If so then what do you call it.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 5:47pm
Tim, I know I fall way short of making the "Grade" but I do know there is a higher power, I choose to call him God.What if Phil is correct? What if we are just here today and gone tomorrow, no before and no here after?What if this is all Cosmic Goo? What if there is no rhyme or reason for any of this on the big blue planet.
We can do what we please, not worry as to whom we harm ,have absolutely no consequences for our actions. Live and let Die so to speak, at that time we return to dirt from which we came.Boy what an idea, what a way to live.
Full Speed Ahead & Damn The Torpedo's..............

But I have to ask one question Phil, what if you are incorrect and there is a God, and there is a Heaven and there is a Hell. Would you be so bold as to tell God that he ain't real?

Boy to be a Fly on the wall come your judgement day......
I think I have a small chance to squeeze in thru that small crack under the pearly gates,what about you    ??????????????????????
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 6:12pm
Billy, I fall way short of making the grade but THAT is the what makes me human. I don't always do the right thing and I always strive to be better but I have personnaly seen a change in people who have found peace in their lives just by watching the Lord at work. I think anyone who has questioned faith and God might take a second look after meeting a man such as Ralph Meloon. That man loves the Lord and you can see it in his eye's and it beams from every pore in his 93 year old body. That is the kind of peace that I want for my life.
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Phil,
Humans came up with the definition of "Year" One of Gods' days might be 1000 "years". No one knows for sure and just because you haven't seen a fairy doesn't mean they don't exist.

I think that God being all knowing could see the future and know what a year was. They clearly knew what a day was.

"No one knows for sure and just because you haven't seen a fairy doesn't mean they don't exist."

That's exactly my point. Let me try again. Do you believe in unicorns? Just because you don't see a unicorn doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I'm assuming you don't believe in unicorns. My point is that I can't disprove God is not real the same way I can't disprove unicorns aren't real. But I think you would agree it's quit silly to believe that unicorns are real.

Curious, if your kids came home and told you they converted to Christianity would you call them what you are calling us CCfans that are Christians?

Depends how old they are. If they are adults then yes, even more so. Doubtful they would ever become Christians as children because I refuse to indoctrinate them and I try and encourage them to think for themselves.If they have a desire to learn about "God" then I would force them to learn about ALL the Gods and ALL religions. I am very against making children go to church and putting all these ideas of "God" in their head before they are able to make decisions and think for themselves.

Of course they are going to believe in God wholeheartedly if they are taught it at a young age. I'm sure the reason a lot of you reading this have your faith to this day.

Do you partake in "Christmas" and Santa Claus (for your kids)? If so then what do you call it.

Yes, and it's Christmas. Nothing more than tradition and celebration of the winter solstice. The bible doesn't say anything about celebrating Christmas. I'll bet you can't even find a mention of Christmas in the bible. Christmas trees didn't become popular until the 16th century in Germany. And I've never lied to my kids about Santa either..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic