Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2011 dates?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 9>
Author
skibum1110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibum1110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SJRR 2011 dates?
    Posted: February-27-2010 at 10:13pm
Are there any dates set for 2011? The Daytona 500 is the week after valentines day next year and bike week starts that following weekend.Im just trying to reserve my campsite for next year.
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
2006 Ski Nautique 206 Limited
2005 Air Nautique 206 Team
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2010 at 3:15am
Chris,

I think that they are going to do the weekend after the 500. Bike week could make it hard to get a cabin or campsite. Something to consider.

Donald
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2010 at 12:26am
any dates yet for this? My family really wants to attend, but we need as much notice as possible.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2010 at 1:21am
I think it's at the end of March next year. Check with the Boat Doctor
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2010 at 11:13am
Gary is correct in saying that we're gonna move it to March to coincide with the Mt. Dora boat show. Sitting round the weekend a bunch of us tossed the idea around to change it. The weather would be warmer as well as the water temps. Those down for the race wouldn't have to hang out for a week to attend. More stuff for people to do an opportunity to go to the boat show and possibly find much needed parts for an old correct craft. The monkey run on Fri for those who didn't make it last year, a run to the Glenn Fri eve, boat show sat/ run to the Glenn, and of course a cookout Sat night.
   I know the Doc will chime in and fill in anything I missed.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2010 at 2:11am
We were sure lucky with the weather this year Tim,making it later would help.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2010 at 3:16am
Any confirmed dates yet?
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2010 at 9:26am
Billy called me just the other day and we had this discussion. We both had decided that it was in best interest of the site to NOT start talking up next years SJRR til the Official reunions were complete.

The tentative dates for the 2011 St. Johns River Run are March 25-27th. This is to coincide with the Mt.Dora boat show. The weather and water will be a bit warmer, and more cooperative. Think of it as an OD on Correct Craft's and Woodies. Tenative ground central will be Parramore's Campground. They offer cabins,RV parking,tent sites, and have a facility that we can host the Sat night cookout. I imagine that we will stick to the slogan......"The plan is that we have NO Plans" but may try to have some sort of schedule. Monkey Run for those that want to go and of course runs to the Glenn Springs and some sking on Lake George. Maybe a visit from some friends at CC HQ and such. Mark your calendar now and plan to be there with or w/o your Correct Craft.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2010 at 12:41am
Great idea. Patti and I attened the Mt Dora show this year and had a great time. Can't wait!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2010 at 2:59am
Our schedule looks pretty clear! May have to burn some frequent flyer miles!
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2010 at 1:42pm
SJRR 2011 is planned for the last full week end in March to coincide with the Mt. Dora boat show.This will only add to our event.
..........More details to follow at a later date......
The only change for 2011 will be on line reg. for members thru this site. Hope to see all that attended in 2010 as well new attendees for 2011.............See Ya THERE...............

info available @ 318-386-2825 The Boat Doctor
                 319-299-8547 CorrectCraftParts
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2010 at 12:49am
Planning on it so Billy can beat me up.

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2010 at 1:14pm
Tim, that attitude may be acceptable on this site, but will not be tolerated at River Run.
If you want to come and be a "part of" please do,if your reason is other than that , don't spoil it for everyone else.
Each year SJRR adds a few more attendees that want to start off the new year with a tradition started in '08.It will continue to grow with or without you.
The ball is in your court Tim, Keith will not be there to referee your behavior.Looking forward to meeting and sharing with you at SJRR 2011..............Billy
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 10:21am
I'd be interested to know if this event will be well attended by the wives and children. My whole crew wants to go but only if it's going to be more of a family thing. Donald80SN's family is planning to attend with him. Anyone else? Just don't want my crew standing around while I talk boats.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 1:03pm
Steve I cannot say this will be an event centered around wives and children, but they are welcome .This event is about boats and the people that own these boats, entertainment of your young one's along with the husband duties are your responsibility.
All CCFan gatherings are family events,my Mom would feel right at home.And this is all we ask of those that choose to join in the SJRR.
As far as your "crew" standing around while you talk boats, there is a long list of "things to do" at Parramores.Swimming pool, tennis court,fishing, and do not forget the alligator rides.
This will be our first year using the later dates to include the Mt. Dora Boat Show, The Monkey Run will also be on the list of must do events also.
There is talk of a river trip Friday, North for about 30 miles, have a bite to eat , and cruise on back to Parramores.
The invite is there for all to come and enjoy a "kick off " to a new CCFan Year................Boat dr
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 1:21pm
understood, boat dr.....thanks
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 2:33pm
Steve, I agree totally with what the Dr. had to say. There are indeed more wives or girlfriends there as a norm but the ladies are still outnumbered. The Godfather brought his neice last year and that was it for small children that I can remember. Adam T brought his teenage boys but that has about it for that age group. I think your girls would enjoy the Monkey Run but no promises that they'd see any. I've heard that some days you do... some days you don't.. Gators are every where so they'd enjoy seeing them in the wild. It's about a 4 hour ride round trip at idle speed so be sure the family knows that.

There has been talk about changing the gathering on Sat to either a different local on Lake George or at the entrance to Glenn Springs. It's about a 10 min excursion to get to the springs so it's a little more difficult for folks to leave just to ski/ride like at the two gatherings you've been too.

If we were to move it to the spring entrance and tie up there then if you wanted to go for a ski/boat run then you are already on the main lake and can rejoin the flotella quickly and easily. The only draw back is that this lake is HUGE and if its a windy day then it won't work. I believe we've got some scouts working on a plan or a possible different locale for this very reason.

STAY TUNED............
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 2:54pm
I think anytime we get together and it is not during summer vacation it is destined to be less than a full family affair. You will also have more people flying and spending less time as it is difficult to be away from the wife and family that long. That is not to say that we haven't had a pretty good turn out from the locals in terms of WAGs and kids at the weekend events just that those of us flying in will make them outnumbered. With the later date I am hoping this event draws some longer winter getaway family trips south this year, as it is the premier winter CCfan event. Compromise with the wife and kids.. a couple days with the mouse, a couple days on the boat.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

and do not forget the alligator rides.
..Boat dr

Holly Smokes, I will gladly give Steve my turn at the alligators rides. Just call me a giver and not a taker.   

Donald
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 4:09pm
Joe writes....
With the later date I am hoping this event draws some longer winter getaway family trips south this year, as it is the premier winter CCfan event. ....

I do not think you can refer to SJRR as a winter event, all else I agree with.We have a different season here in late March , it is called LATE SPRING. With that being said SJRR is the Season Opener for all the other CCFan get togethers that follow......Boat dr
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 5:13pm
Steve,

While the campground is really a neat place and does have the items the Doc mentions for kids, the fun stuff really about stops there for little ones..

Like Tim mentions, the monkey run is cool, but for 4 hours, there no getting out of the boat, no bathroom stops, no swimming, unless you want to play with the locals (gators)....

The run to the Glenn is great, the raft up, the cook out and the comraderie is second to none, you just have to keep in mind what's important to keep everyone happy and out of your "crawl"...

I think it was mentioned, If you have a high maintenance crew, you'd be better off leaving them near Disney, while you go hang with the boys..

Just my 2cents..

Moj'

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 5:54pm
Dave, do you plan a return to the Blackwater on Thursday nite......Is Mr. Ralph buying the first round of appetizers, your first one is on The Nurse and I.............
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 6:42pm
Way to early to call Billy... But man it sure would be funny to hear your voice going crazy looking for Mr. Ralph while getting 3 shrimp on a plate hahahahaha.... oh man that was funny stuff...

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 9:34pm
Its not that far to go to Ocala.Last year my wife went shopping there on Saturday while I caught a ride with Jbear.Worked out well for both of us.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 11:34pm
and me and the Lurker (my brother) sure were glad Gary joined us!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 12:59am
Yeah I know....look at those white legs that Gary is sporting. True Yankee in the south. You can spot em a mile away!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 1:11am
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 1:58am
legs that oughta see a tanning booth before heading south;

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 2:32am
I don't think I can afford the Obama tanning tax,I'll have to get some spray on tan and maybe some Popeil's hair in a can.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 2:34am
visit here first for a few days. Or work some OT so you can afford the tax.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 9>
  Share Topic