Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I'm almost done

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rtsuggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtsuggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm almost done
    Posted: March-24-2010 at 12:31am
Got finished wet sanding, buffing and waxing today. It turned out better than I thought it would. It went from this

TO THIS

78 nautique
78 ski nautique SOLD
85 ski nautique
79TiqueRebuild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79TiqueRebuild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2010 at 12:34am
Wow what a difference. Looks Great!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2010 at 8:54am
We sure like to see great results!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2010 at 9:44am
you must of had a visit from the Karate Kid. looks good
"the things you own will start to own you"
rtsuggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtsuggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2010 at 11:40am
Yea wax on wax off with Lots of elbow grease..
I'm sure glad thats over with.. Now I need to sand blast the trailer and paint it..

Thanks Rob
78 nautique
78 ski nautique SOLD
85 ski nautique
rtsuggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtsuggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2010 at 1:48am
I talked to the guy I got this boat from and he said it was used at cypress gardens up until about 10 years ago when he traded them a bunch of restaurant equipment for it.. I thought that was interesting.

Rob
78 nautique
78 ski nautique SOLD
85 ski nautique
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2010 at 2:10am
Rob,

I like the toggle switch decals. you have done a great job!!
83Ski
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2010 at 11:52am
Originally posted by rtsuggs rtsuggs wrote:

it was used at cypress gardens up until about 10 years ago

I think about 60% of clueless sellers think that their classic CC was used at Sea World/Cypress Gardens/etc. I wouldnt put much stock in that story being true!

Looks great with the clean up... keep up the good work!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2010 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

it was used at cypress gardens up until about 10 years ago

I think about 60% of clueless sellers think that their classic CC was used at Sea World/Cypress Gardens/etc. I wouldnt put much stock in that story being true!

Looks great with the clean up... keep up the good work!

I thought everyones CC was used at Cypress Gardens!

BTW, if it truely was, I'd sure run a compression /leak down on the engine before buying!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2010 at 1:19pm
Rob,
Those original trailers are junk... Especially when they rust out like that. I think you'd better let me take it off your hands... I'll give you a hundo for it... Better off finding a nicer, newer trailer for that beauty !!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

rtsuggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtsuggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2010 at 1:45pm
Moj , I think I'll hold on to the trailer. A new one might cost $200 or more. Ha

The guy I got the boat from lived down there at the time and supplied there resturant equipment. He said he would try to find the paper work from when he traded for it but he said that was 10 or 12 years ago and he didn't think he could find it.
Mabe true, I don't know. I wish I could find out.   
78 nautique
78 ski nautique SOLD
85 ski nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2010 at 2:03pm
Hey! I got an idea. I bet if you call Correct Craft they'd be able to tell you whether or not it was a tow bow for CG.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2010 at 2:10pm

Mabe true, I don't know. I wish I could find out.   

Rob,
It would be a interesting bit of history but that's it. It may be something that actually reduces the value but that really depends on the condition of the engine. Club/team/exposition use can see some real hard usage!

How many hours are on the engine? The hours on the meter may not be the absolue truth ether. A old trick for fleet/promo boats was to disconnect the hour meter!! Back in the early 70's, our teams promo came out of the CC distribution center with it disconnected one year! We were told "don't worry about it" Has a compression check been done?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic