Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IF YOU NEED SHADOW DECALS 89 90 FOUND THEM

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
89Ski_Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Ski_Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 2:34pm
Chris, Tom,

I don't recall the price I was quoted back in March, I was digging through my notes with no luck in finding what I wrote down. I understand Doug will be posting his photos soon. Perhaps Doug may recall the price.

I ordered the complete set of decals and just provided Brad the go ahead based on the color samples he sent me last week. He has been great to work with, hopefully soon I can update this post with my experience.....perhaps within a few weeks.     

Randy
1989 Ski Nautique
Former Boats:
1988 Dominique
1993 Ski Nautique
Bama Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 11:44pm
I recieved decals Friday. I hope to have them on this week and will post pics of the boat. In the mean time I will take some pics tonight of the decals and post.

Prices of decals are as follows.

Bow Deck (port and stbd set) $71.00
Stern Deck $71.00
Competition Ski Nautique $41.00
2001 small (set) $38.00
Ski Nautique (set) $185.00 These are directional. There is one for the left side and one for the right side.

I think the "correct craft" with world logo was $38.00 for a set.

I still do not have pin striping. If anyone has an outlet for this please let me know. It is 1/2" stripe with 1/4" gap and another 1/4 " stripe.

I also ordered registration decals to match the ski nautique. These were $70.00

I will have some pics posted in about an hour.

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2010 at 12:21am
Here are the pics.

I only took one side of the Ski Nautique to save space.
Hope these help.

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001
Chris4x4gill2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris4x4gill2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2010 at 2:22am
Doug,

Thanks for posting the pics. Are these printed on clear vinyl with the "checks" sreened on so that the hull color shows through? Its hard to tell in the pics.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris4x4gill2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2010 at 2:34am
Doug,

Just saw your question about the pin stripes. I know someone on here had a source for them. I want to say it was MartyMabe?

Randy (88Ski_Nautique) stated that he got his pin stripes from N3 when he ordered the rest of his decals in his post on wet sanding.

Link

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2010 at 2:38am
Originally posted by Chris4x4gill2 Chris4x4gill2 wrote:

Doug,

Thanks for posting the pics. Are these printed on clear vinyl with the "checks" sreened on so that the hull color shows through? Its hard to tell in the pics.

Yes. They are on clear so the hull color shows through. The checks look pretty good also starting heavy at the bottom and fading as they go up.

The registration decals are not on clear but on red to match the hull stripe. They also have a black leading edge to match the pin stripe as well as the bow and stern decals. They will be on the grey part of the hull and it all should blend pretty good. Cant wait to get them on.

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2010 at 2:44am
Originally posted by Chris4x4gill2 Chris4x4gill2 wrote:

Doug,

Just saw your question about the pin stripes. I know someone on here had a source for them. I want to say it was MartyMabe?

Randy (88Ski_Nautique) stated that he got his pin stripes from N3 when he ordered the rest of his decals in his post on wet sanding.

Link

N3 doesnt have them anymore. I have a source waiting on a quote from a supplier so he can get back with me on it. I really have to have them before I put the Correct Craft with world logo on the back as the world logo goes over the stripe. I need black and they are out.

With all of the business I sent to N3 I really wish they would have shown me some love on the pricing of my decals. Guess I have to pay regular price like everyone else... :(

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris4x4gill2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2010 at 11:10am
Thanks for all the info and leg work Doug, I'll be getting with N3 to order a set pretty much Identical to your here soon.

Let me know if you ever make it up to Smith Lake.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Ski_Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 8:27pm
Chris,

Doug is correct, the pin stripes do not appear to be available from Brad at N3 at this time.

Doug,

Let me know what you are able to find out on the pin stripes. I will be checking the Letters Unlimited site next week to see if we can get custom 100' x 1/2" stripe, 1/4" void and 1/4" stripe in premasked vinyl roll vinyl striping

Thanks,
Randy
1989 Ski Nautique
Former Boats:
1988 Dominique
1993 Ski Nautique
QUEBEC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUEBEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 9:35pm
Hey Guys any auto body supply co. has these 3m makes tons of different styles and colors.That is where i bought mine cost me $60.00
NEVER EVER GIVE UP ON YOUR SELF YOUR FAMILY YOUR FRIENDS AND GOD THERE ALWAYS A NEW DAY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by QUEBEC QUEBEC wrote:

Hey Guys any auto body supply co. has these 3m makes tons of different styles and colors.That is where i bought mine cost me $60.00

Quebec,
Do they have 1/2 stripe with 1/4 void and another 1/4 strip on the same roll...? I can find the stripes but not on the same roll. While some may be skilled at putting them on seperately, I would prefer to have on same roll if possible. The ole hand is not as steady as it used to be.

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001
QUEBEC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUEBEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2010 at 11:25am
Yes they have. but on my bfn we used 2 at the water line pinstripe
NEVER EVER GIVE UP ON YOUR SELF YOUR FAMILY YOUR FRIENDS AND GOD THERE ALWAYS A NEW DAY
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2010 at 11:32am
Here's a place that has some
http://terrys.net/2stripe__1color.htm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris4x4gill2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2010 at 1:45pm
I havent had any luck finding the correct size. Everything I find in 3Ms catalog is smaller.

I talked with Brad yesterday and he says he is working on a source for the pinstripes. I also talked with another vinyl shop and they are suppose to get back with me as well.

If this other guy says he can do it, what would you guys expect to pay for 100ft of the pin striping? I havent really found anything to compare it to price wise yet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Ski_Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2010 at 2:38pm
Gang,

No luck with the Letters Unlimted shop, they only do custom premaked single stripes... not the double stripes that we require. I will keep searching for the 1/2" stripe, 1/4" void and 1/4" stripe premasked roll.

Chris,

In general, price is not a consideration for me, I am willing to pay what is the fair labor cost to produce the vinyl stripe roll. Let us know what you and Doug find out. Thanks.
1989 Ski Nautique
Former Boats:
1988 Dominique
1993 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris4x4gill2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2010 at 4:31pm
They got back to me a few minutes ago. They can do what we need, price would be $175 for two 50' lengths.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2010 at 4:33pm
I just happen to have a roll of new striping. Original to an '86. Ill have to dig it out.

Tim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris4x4gill2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2010 at 10:39pm
I just emailed the guy back, asking about a price break for multiple orders, will report back when I get an answer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris4x4gill2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 2:13am
Quoted $150/set if three sets are ordered at the same time. I'm still trying to get additional quotes because that sounds pretty high to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 2:51am
Chris,
Thats too much. Hang on a few days as I am working with a source for stripes. If all else fails I will get a 1/2" and a 1/4" and let someone here in town that does pin striping put it on. Will still be a lot less than $150 you were quoted. Give me a few more days and I will let you know what I find out.

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris4x4gill2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 10:55am
That was my thought as well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris4x4gill2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2010 at 11:04am
Has anyone had any luck tracking down the pin stripes?

I have my decals set on order. Just sent Brad a piece of my bow stripe for him to use as a color match sample so hopefully I'll have mine on their way in a week or two.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Ski_Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2010 at 12:56pm
Chris,

I just received my order last week, Brad's team did a great job, he mentioned he is still working on getting the pinstripes reproduced. I have the hull graphics on hold until I can apply the prinstripes.   

I still have not found a more affordable supplier yet, perhaps Doug can chime in here if he has any news.

Do you or Doug have any suggestions on applying the Bow and Stern Stripes? Applying the hull letter graphics seems straight forward, but I do not have any experience with applying wide stripes across the curved bow and stern surfaces. Any thoughts?

Randy

1989 Ski Nautique
Former Boats:
1988 Dominique
1993 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris4x4gill2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2010 at 1:07pm
I use to work at a vinyl shop many years ago so I'll try to remember all of the steps.

#1 is find some application fluid that will allow it to be repositioned until you get it right (Walmart - Window Tint application fluid)

#2 determine centerline on the surface. I would also mark stop / end points and top and bottom lines with a wax pencil (marks should clean off with soap/water.

#3 determine centerline on vinyl (fold in half and slightly crease - the crease will come out when you apply it.

#4 Spray surface of boat and back (sticky part) of vinyl with the fluid. Be careful you dont spray your marks off.

#5 Line up your centerlines and then work on getting the ends level. Take a stiff thin piece of plastic (credit card works) wrap it in a shop towel ( so it doesnt tear the vinyl) and use it to smooth the vinyl starting at the center and working you way out. Get out all of the air bubbles. if some are stubborn, prick them with a razor blade to "bleed" the fluid out and then flatten them.

#6 check your work, if you need to redo something, it must be done now before the fluid dries.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris4x4gill2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2010 at 1:09pm
Randy - question on your wet sanding thread. what did you use to do the initial sanding? did you do it by hand or use an electric sander? Did you use the polisher you showed in the posts?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Ski_Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2010 at 2:15pm
Chris,

Thanks for the install tips listed above!

No power sander, just elbow grease... manual block wet sanding. Unless you have a lot of experience, an electric or air powered sander may remove too much materail in the wrong hands.

I started out using the 320 grit initially and quickly discovered that this was too agressive for most spots. Based on my experience I would start with the minumum grit required to restore the surface, perhaps using 1000 (CAMI scale), if that was not agressive enough then try an 800 or 600 grit. In general I would suggest 1000 grit or maybe even 800 grit is OK for most sanding, but it depends on the level of oxidation or surface condition.    

The 3M super duty compound in general removes the 1000 grit scratches. I would recommend a final sanding of 1200 grit before applying the 3M super duty compound.

Yes, I used the polisher shown in the photo, it is available from Harbor Freight, it variable speed unit with a digital read out much cheaper than the the DeWalt or similar units. I would suggest you use a different backing plate similar to one suggested in the wetsanding thread.

Hope this helps,
Randy
1989 Ski Nautique
Former Boats:
1988 Dominique
1993 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2010 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by 89Ski_Nautique 89Ski_Nautique wrote:

Chris,

I just received my order last week, Brad's team did a great job, he mentioned he is still working on getting the pinstripes reproduced. I have the hull graphics on hold until I can apply the prinstripes.   

I still have not found a more affordable supplier yet, perhaps Doug can chime in here if he has any news.

Do you or Doug have any suggestions on applying the Bow and Stern Stripes? Applying the hull letter graphics seems straight forward, but I do not have any experience with applying wide stripes across the curved bow and stern surfaces. Any thoughts?

Randy

Randy
I spoke to guy today about pin stripes. This is the same guy that does the graphics for N3.   Hope to have some in a couple of weeks. I will post pricing and contact info when I see that he will indeed be able to do them.

On your bow and stern stripes..... if you got from N3 and it was the same guy that did mine, (pretty sure it was), then you dont need to 'float' the decals. (Spray with liquid). These decals dont require application fluid and can be put on and taken off and repositioned if needed. Can only do a couple of times from what I understand. I recall him saying that these decals DO NOT need application fluid as it will mess them up and they will not stick.

You will need application fluid on the others.

I have some ghosting on my hull and am not sure yet about how I am going to apply decals. I am planning on pulling boat out in a couple of weeks and bringing home to apply decals. They are supposed to be the exact same size however I am guessing that they may be off just a little. Therefore I plan on cutting out each letter for the hull and applying individually. This way I hope to minimize the ghosting that can be seen. Not sure if all that made sense. If not let me know and I will jump back on here and post again. Sorry for the delay, I have been out of town.

Doug

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Ski_Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2010 at 12:59pm
Chris, Doug,

Thanks for the inputs. Looks like I will apply the bow and stern stripes dry. Are you planning on staring with the pinstripes first? or the bow and sterm sripes? Good advise on dropping one letter at a time using the application fluid.   

I no longer have any ghosting on the yellow gelcoat, just the lighter colored white gelcoat outline for the pinstripes and the Correct Craft globle outline.   

Let me know what you find out on the pinstripes.

Thanks,
Randy
1989 Ski Nautique
Former Boats:
1988 Dominique
1993 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2010 at 12:11am
Originally posted by 89Ski_Nautique 89Ski_Nautique wrote:

Chris, Doug,

Thanks for the inputs. Looks like I will apply the bow and stern stripes dry. Are you planning on staring with the pinstripes first? or the bow and sterm sripes? Good advise on dropping one letter at a time using the application fluid.   

I no longer have any ghosting on the yellow gelcoat, just the lighter colored white gelcoat outline for the pinstripes and the Correct Craft globle outline.   

Let me know what you find out on the pinstripes.

Thanks,
Randy

Randy
Call N3 to confirm what I said. Make sure it was the same supplier. I am pretty sure it was.
I am waiting on Pin Stripes and will start with them first. Then I will do my registration decals as there is no ghosting there and can be done pretty easy. I will then do the bow and stern decals and finish up with hull decals ad that will take the most time.

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2010 at 1:07am
No luck on this end..... Have any of you been able to find pin stripes... 1/2 stripe, 1/4 void, 1/4 stripe on the same roll...?

I am about to bite the bullet and have someone that details cars come over and apply the stripes. They will be on individual rolls and I really dont think I have the experience to get them on straight.

Why are these pin stripes so hard to find.... doesnt CC still use them....?

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic