Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IF YOU NEED SHADOW DECALS 89 90 FOUND THEM

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
89Ski_Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Ski_Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2010 at 1:25pm
Doug,

Same here with local sign shops, but I have one more place to try in Orlando. Yes you can get the individual rolls, how hard can it be to get to a single roll with both stripes?

No luck with Brad at N3? I am unsure why these pinstripes are so hard to get in single pre-masked roll? I thought Woody was getting these pinstripes from N3, but I may be mistaken. Perhaps Marty may have the line on these pinstripes.

Randy
1989 Ski Nautique
Former Boats:
1988 Dominique
1993 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2010 at 1:49pm
I bought a roll from N3 a year or 2 ago, sad to see they're not available any more.
Bama Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2010 at 2:29am
OK folks.... boat is out of the water and at the house. Will have boys to wash it Thursday after school and I will start the decal application on Friday. I will post pics as I go. PLEASE excuse me for not havinig the pin stripes on..... Maybe I will have some before next summer.

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2010 at 2:06am
Gave up on finding pin stripes on same roll 1/2" stripe 1/4' void 1/4" stripe. Have someone coming tomorrow that does pin striping and detail work for local auto shops to do the pin stripes. Will not be on same roll but they should be good enough to get them straight. They are also doing it for less than I could have gotten the double stripes for. I will take before and after pics to post. I also have some ghosting issues we are dealing with and I will try to document that as well.    

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2010 at 10:17am
Where did you get the registration numbers?   I want to order some for my Southwind in yellow fadding like yours with the black outline.

Are they on your boat yet? Pictures?

Thanks!

Dave
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
2008 Ski Nautique 206 w/Factory Tower, EX343 SOLD
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

[URL=http://s328.photobucket.com
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2010 at 10:27am
so, where would one go to get the decals in black for a 92?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Chris4x4gill2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris4x4gill2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2010 at 11:01am
Salty - I believe he got the registration decals from N3 as well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2010 at 7:36pm
Dave,
I got all decals from N3. I am not sure if they will be offering the registration decals of if the guy that did them for N3 will be doing them direct. I have a call into him to find out.
Pin stripes were put on today. I will post some pics soon of the progress as well as the ghosting effect that I will have to deal with.

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2010 at 7:59pm
Not that I love following the rules, but those registration decals wouldn't fly in Wisconsin. There they must be block (solid) and of contrasting color. We get hassled enough for our skiing so giving them another reason to pull me over is not something I'm interested in. Check your local ordinances if you have Barney issues.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2010 at 10:41pm
Dave,
I got my registration decals from a guy named Jason in Indiana.

He was the same one that did the other decals for my 89 SN 2001. I had to buy thru N3. Long story but was worth it because Jason did an outstanding job.

He may even be able to do the pin stripes. Not sure if he will be selling them or sending to N3 to sell. I do know that he will be doing registration decals though. His cell is 574-274-2314. Tell him Doug sent you and you got info from here. Good Luck

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2010 at 12:41pm
Pictures of the installed stuff yet?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2010 at 9:23pm
OK folks,
Here are some pics of the decals on the boat.
I replaced all decals except for the warning decals. That is my next step.

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2010 at 9:35pm
Doug - Your boat sets the bar pretty high!

My boat is a sister to yours - I wish it was as nicely detailed.

Maybe next year I will go after those decals too.

Great job!

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Ski_Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2010 at 9:39pm
Doug,

Looks Great, I am still waiting to see if I can get the pinstripes in a single roll from Jason. I have seperate pinstripe rolls in case the single roll is not available. Woody has the AME and PCM decals in stock. Also check with Paul Oxley and Marty for the Warning and Caution decals, they both have excellent reproductions.

The Ski Nautique decals are excellent reproductions compared to the original graphics offered by Correct Craft.

Randy

PS I will be posting pictures shortly.
1989 Ski Nautique
Former Boats:
1988 Dominique
1993 Ski Nautique
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2010 at 12:40am
They do look good. Nice work.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2010 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by 89Ski_Nautique 89Ski_Nautique wrote:

Doug,

Also check with Paul Oxley and Marty for the Warning and Caution decals, they both have excellent reproductions.

Do you have a link to this thread...? I have been looking and cant seem to find it.

BTW.... took boat back to lake today and got several compliments on it. The pics I took the other day were from yard and boat was in shade. I will try to get some soon on the water and post.

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2010 at 12:11am
Wow that looks great! are those original seats?
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2010 at 12:53am
Originally posted by dochockey dochockey wrote:

Wow that looks great! are those original seats?

All original except for the new decals.

I did have some stitching done on the drivers seat and also on the back seat because it was pulling apart at the seams. Small places about 3-5 inches. I also replaced the wood under the front passenger seat last year because it was rotted out.

Thanks.

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2010 at 1:08am
Guys,

Marty Mabe has the AME Resin Decals.

Donald

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2010 at 1:26am
Does anyone have pics of warning decals and position of decals on an 89 SN 2001....? I think I only need the ones on the back of the boat. I think there were three total. One by gas and two next to ski hook on back. Not sure though.

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2010 at 2:59am
My seats are sun faded one of these days I will get new seats but I also need decals
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Ski_Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2010 at 8:15pm
Doug,

Unsure where the link to Marty post is, however this link illustrates the warning and caution decals provided by Pauly.
1989 Ski Nautique
Former Boats:
1988 Dominique
1993 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Ski_Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2010 at 8:19pm
Doug,

Later tonight, I can post pictures of my boat on where I placed the warning and cautions decals that is consistent with the decal placement of an older 2001 promo boat located in Orlando.
1989 Ski Nautique
Former Boats:
1988 Dominique
1993 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Ski_Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2010 at 10:51pm
Doug,

As promised listed below are the photos. Let me know if you need any specific measurements. I am still working on applying the pin stripes and the "Correct Craft" side decals. Hope this helps.

Stern:

Ski Ring:

Fuel Cap:

Tow Pylon:

Driver's Control Station:

1989 Ski Nautique
Former Boats:
1988 Dominique
1993 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2010 at 11:43pm
That is exactly what I needed!!! Thanks.
If you get a chance get one more of the stern from farther back so I can see exact placement. Thank you so much.
I will try to order these next week.

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Ski_Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2011 at 6:47pm
Doug,

Sorry about the delay in getting back with you, I have a few more photo's listed below let me know if you need any others.

PS. I wound up installing the pinstripes using seperate vinyl tape rolls, no luck with finding a single pre-masked tape roll, now I am working on the rub rail cleanup and new rub rail rope.   
1989 Ski Nautique
Former Boats:
1988 Dominique
1993 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2011 at 10:26pm
Is the Correct Craft on the winshield original or did you add it?
Also wondering if the AME and PCM along with Flag on back under Correct Craft logo are original as well?

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Ski_Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2011 at 3:13am
Doug,

The Correct Craft decal on the windshield is not original from the factory, it was added by one of the previous owners. I have seen other Correct Craft promo boats with a large format Correct Craft decal on the windshield, so perhaps that is the look the previous owners were trying to achieve.

As for the AME, PCM and other decals near the stern, I merely copied the decal placement of what I remembered from the promo boats that were used at Sea World and other promo events back in the 80's.

On a related note, I thought the seperate pinstripes were easier to apply when compared to applying the bow and stern "swoosch" stripes, especially the stern "swoosch" stripe.

Let me know if you need any addtional photos.

Randy
1989 Ski Nautique
Former Boats:
1988 Dominique
1993 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2011 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by 89Ski_Nautique 89Ski_Nautique wrote:

As for the AME, PCM and other decals near the stern, I merely copied the decal placement of what I remembered from the promo boats that were used at Sea World and other promo events back in the 80's.

The stickers look good, but I think your memory is a little off.

The American flag didnt start getting put on until '91 or '92. By '93 it had 2 waves in it instead of just one. Your AWSA decal isnt quite the correct vintage, but it doesnt look out of place. Originally I think it would have been gold/blue? I know by '92 it would have been white/blue with the outline of a slalom skier. I also thought the '89's had the triangle "1989 World Championship" decals... I know my '90 has them. I have some made up if you need them.

I checked the '89 brochure and those decals didnt make the print date... but here is what they looked like in '90. I am pretty sure the stickers were the same, though the placement would have been different, obviously.

1990 brochure

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2011 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Salty Salty wrote:

Where did you get the registration numbers?   I want to order some for my Southwind in yellow fadding like yours with the black outline.

Are they on your boat yet? Pictures?

Thanks!

Dave

Salty,
If you dont have any luck with N3 then try this guy. He is actually the one making them for N3.
Jason @ 574-274-2314
Probably will get a better price going direct.

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic