NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

White Lake Gathering-Head Count

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: White Lake Gathering-Head Count
    Posted: March-25-2010 at 1:45am
April 23-25,2010   White Lake Marine,NC
So far, White Lake has offered up 'awards' for rig contests. Just for bragging rights, you don't have to 're-gel' your boat for this guys.We're trying to set up rides in a 2010 210 and SN 200.

Hey guys need a head count and boat count.
Thanks
Marty Mabe

Marty Mabe & 3 guests---1 boat
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2010 at 12:47am

Hello, I thought this thing would take off this weekend

66 Skylark
93 SN
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2010 at 1:03am
Critter & guest --- 1 boat
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2010 at 2:03am
1 boat, maybe 3 of us.
Tim D
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2010 at 1:21pm
Still waiting on which lake and where folks are staying before I jump off the fence on this one.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2010 at 1:09am
It will be at White Lake, NC . Here's what the e-mail I recieved today said. Says we will get rides and tows in the new CC's.

i will get up with different campgrounds and hotels tomorrow. i will let you know something wed. sorry about the delay we have been slammed with sales. also, the skiing behind the new boats is doable, we will just have to limit pulls and space them out so we dont tie up a boat for too long.

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Marty Mabe <mtmabe@northstate.net> wrote:

Accomadations? That's what everyone is asking about now so they can make some reservations. Have you talked with campground or hotels yet on this subject? Then as soon as you can let me know ,I can post a link on the thread on the CCFan site. That seems to be everyone's question as of now.

Thank-you in advance

Marty Mabe

--
Townsend Link
White Lake Marine
(910)862-3688
www.whitelake.com
www.nautiqueparts.com
66 Skylark
93 SN
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2010 at 10:43am
Marty,

Donald80SN 3 People ( two kids) and one old boat.

Donald
JCole View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2010 at 11:28pm
We will have a 1970 Mustang with approximately 5 people.

Jane Cole
Southern Pines, NC
Jane
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2010 at 11:37am

Come on people lets get this thing rolling.

Marty any updates ?

Dave
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2010 at 5:47pm
I'll actually be down there on the 27th or so, to pick up my new (pre-owned) boat. But, I'll have missed the re-union by then.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2010 at 12:06am
One snafuu guys. Most of the places on the lake don't open until May 1st! That surprised me. TimD is doing the legwork on the place to stay.We got one motel that he's waiting on to hear from.Man I hope they come through for us!We might all be staying in Roger and Cathie's (Critter) RV!

If it turns out a dead end, I guess we'll have to regroup.
Thanks to all .

Marty
66 Skylark
93 SN
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2010 at 2:35pm
OK, I talked with the owners of Sundeck Apartments and they agreed to open up early for us. Most places don't open until May. They owners are Nautique owners too.

Call 910-862-2352 Camille McDowell
Tim D
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2010 at 4:23pm
Again, Thanks to Mr. Tim Dowless for the legwork on this accomadation place. So, I guess we can start 'Pairing' up as to split some costs on these rental units. Get back to the head count if you plan on attending, then depending on your occupancy, we can inter-twine with 'shacking' up.
Let's show our support NC and surrounding areas to try and get us a 'Mini' or "Major" Gathering-Reunion a yearly thing.
We could decide after if we need to secure another location(lake) after this one goes down in the books.

Thanks again, Tim and enjoy the rest of your 'Spring Break' with the kids

Marty
66 Skylark
93 SN
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2010 at 6:12pm
OK. Reid and a few somebodies and two boats. Thanks Marty and Tim! I've been wrapped up and away, but certainly gonna be there. This spot looks great.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2010 at 6:31pm
OK- guys- I don't know where this got lost in the mix.
White Lake Motel and Campground

I was under the impression that nothing opens until May 1st each year.
Mr. Tim Morfoot called me and brought to my attention that he was booking a place here. It's like 1/2 mile from the White Lake Marina.

I called Candice and she says they have plenty of space for us.
Motel rooms -double beds--$45 a night and the campsites are $45 a night also, but no TENTS are allowed, pop-ups or RV's.

This sounds better than the $125 a night at the other place.

Again, sorry for the mix-up or LOST communications, but this might be the better place- again, everyone would be together.

So,she said no discounts for this time of the year ,but would see what happens. SO again- either my mistake or lost in communications, but looks like I'll be trying to book some rooms here.

White Lake Motel and Campground
1-910-862-3947
Candice

Again Sorry and I guess we just got lost since the Link was on the 1st White Lake 'Mini' thread.

My apologies to Mr. Tim Dowless who took time out of his day to get this other Motel to Open- but then again, the Campground's website says 'Open Year Round'
Thanks again guys.

Marty
66 Skylark
93 SN
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2010 at 7:06pm
I just took the marina's advice on the most desirable place to stay.
Tim D
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2010 at 10:08pm

So, which spot?

I think a spot that will just open up for us is very nice.

Dave
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2010 at 11:52pm
I say the White Lake Motel And Campground.
Let's start booking rooms and put your names,people attending, and if your bringing a boat or not,and which room # or campsite you'll be in, and I guess item(s) for the cookout.
Like Dave says, just keep this 1st one simple.
66 Skylark
93 SN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2010 at 5:14pm
OK,

I just made my reservation at the White Lake Motel and Campground for Friday Night and Saturday Night. I will be bring my 9 and 12 year old daughters with me. I made a Hotel Room reservation. They could not give me my room number yet, but if you tell them it is for Correct Craft Fan they will try to keep us all together.

Will we do a Saturday night Cook Out deal? I do not think there are a lot of resturants in the area. Is some one going to bring a grill? We could do Hamburgers and Hot Dogs on the grill with Adult Beverages.

Donald

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2010 at 10:28pm
Donald's on the ball guys!
Yes, I guess it will be kept simple, Hamburgers and Hot Dogs.
I'm waiting to hear back from the Townsend Link on a big grill.
Also waiting to hear back on what Restaurant could accomadate us Friday Night.
So far, arrival on Friday, meet and greets, maybe around 7- go eat, that could change, Saturday, a tour of the Lake to see the CC's, maybe ride in the 2010 Models, the "Rig" Contest- waiting on where this would be and the time- So far I've said at the Campground around 4pm, then eat around 6-7 pm.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Marty
66 Skylark
93 SN
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2010 at 11:04pm
The Front Porch is one of the larger restaurants in Elizabethtown, and there's a mexican restaurant also. I talked to Diane at White Lake Marina today, she said Townsend was going to contact you when he came in from Raliegh today. I think the rig contest should be in the morning. She said she would get their web master to put an announcement on their site.
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2010 at 12:45am
Guys,

Just so you know, I called the hotel this morning and left a detailed message as to what I was looking for in a room. It took them several hours to call me back to get my Credit Card info. Just do not be suprised if you have to leave a message with the Hotel / Motel.

FYI,

Donald
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2010 at 2:21am
Quote from Townsend Link's E-Mail:

I will get a big cooker for you. Also, dianne would like to do the rig contest in front of the marina and have the boats on display for a bit. Could this be done before we all hit the water? Would you prefer a mexican restaraunt or home cooked restaraunt?

Townsend Link
White Lake Marine
(910)862-3688 (w)
(910)862-2005 (f)
www.whitelake.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 7:16 PM
To: Townsend Link <townsend@whitelake.com>
Subject: Fw: Fw: Reunion

Most CCFans will be staying at the White Lake Motel and Campground.
As mentioned, do I need to call them on the big grill or can you take care of that for me?
We will have just burgers and hot dogs.

----- Original Message -----
To: Marty Mabe
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: Reunion

Got this in my e-mail tonight.
66 Skylark
93 SN
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2010 at 11:09am
I have called the hotel and left a message. I need to be able to bring the animals with me.....If all goes well it will be 1 boat with 2 adults and 2 teen agers.
I have been waiting for a NC event like this!
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2010 at 9:28pm
E-mail today from White Lake--Guys

----- Original Message -----
To: Marty Mabe
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2010 1:07 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Reunion

The Front Porch is a good restataunt with home cooking so I will make sure they have a table ready for you. I will talk with david tomorrow about the rig contest time. We did change the categories just a bit..... hope you dont mind. David and I were talking and kind of evened up the gaps in the best in class year range. We are having a pre 1970, a 71-90 and a 91-2010. that gives 2 20 year spans and a pre 70 span. i also have the awards being made this week. We thought it was best to cut out the fastest boat due to the size of the lake and our boat traffic. We saw this as a safety measure. SO, we have 3 best in classes, a best in show, a farthest distance traveled WITH A BOAT, and best engine.

Marty,
We are looking at the rig contest from 9-11 is that cool?

How does this sound guys?
He's gonna have a big cooker for us too!

Who wants to be the Chef????

Making my reservations Saturday.
I'll try and get the list going and then everyone can cut-n-paste then add their names.
White Lake is going to put this CCFan-Mini on their website too!
Let's show them what OUR FAMILY is all about! Can't wait!

66 Skylark
93 SN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2010 at 9:35pm
Update: No hotel in the White Lake area accepts pets. This is a bummer and may affect my ability to attend. 8-(
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2010 at 11:33pm
How about the campground?
66 Skylark
93 SN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2010 at 2:08am
I am quite sure she said the same I will confirm again tomorrow
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2010 at 2:45am
Elizabethtown is 7 miles away and they have a Days Inn.   They may let you bring pets.

UPDATE. I just googled it and they do not allow pets.

Sorry,

Donald
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2010 at 1:53am

Critter & guest --- 1 boat

Tim D-- 1 boat, maybe 3 of us

Donald80SN 3 People ( two kids) and one old boat.

We will have a 1970 Mustang with approximately 5 people.
Jane Cole
Southern Pines, NC

Reid and a few somebodies and two boats.

NCH20SKIER---
If all goes well it will be 1 boat with 2 adults and 2 teen agers.

Waterdog-Sounds great to me I'm about 2 1/2 hours from White Lake and I WILL BE THERE (Reid)the dates are wide open for me, so what ever is best for the masses is OK with me. (62 Wood could make it, I've been holding some stuff for ya)

JoeinNY-I have reason to be in the general area around april 22nd through 25th, but could make an excuse to come down that way in May as well.

Oledawg--Once the date is worked out I am pretty sure that my '87 CC Riviera could make it there from Winston-Salem, all fresh and clean from Matt Santomenna's Race City Marine's storage at BBC Partners LLC. I am positive that there wouldn't be another one like mine on the lake! I'm in:
1987 CC Riveria 454 - not "vintage" but nice

Keeganino-- have a to coach my
sons soccer game saturday morning and could come out after that, but would have to bum rides as I am in the middle of my restoration.

Riley-I'm interested. White Lake is a straight shot down 95. Any other New Englanders?

Morfoot-By the way, I'm on the fence on attending.

JMurph--FYI...I am also watching this thread to see if anything comes together. We have a busy schedule that time of year, but who knows it might work out that we can make it.

66 Skylark
93 SN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic