NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stimulas

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stimulas
    Posted: March-30-2010 at 12:55pm
Anyone's region getting much stimulas money? In our local paper today it states Portland Maine (pop 62K) is getting $1.8M to fight obesity. $500k to the schools for salad bars and signage and education. $1.3M to the city to hire nutritionists to study restaurant menus so they can add nutritional language, 80 bike racks, more biking lanes and running an education campaign.

The state is getting $1.2M for the same thing.

This doesn't really seem like to me what the money was intended for.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2010 at 1:52pm
Bruce that is the biggest crooke of ***************, I ever heard. 500k for salad bars, and that 1.3m for nutrionists. Them sons of bitchs are idiots, *************** they will stamp anything. It is amazing what they will send hard earned tax payers money to..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2010 at 2:35pm
some mfer getting rich on all my late fees
"the things you own will start to own you"
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 4:23am
The stimulus is a lot of BS its being used like a private stash of money to support the Obama agenda. The are not stimulating any new jobs and the health care bill will surely cost a lot of jobs. This government is totaly inept and its policies are a disaster.

Remember in November!!!!
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 7:26am
TOTUS will say "let me be perfectly clear", and we'll all understand then.    

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 10:12am
well, i look at it this way, attack healthcare, immigration, tighten the nooses on the banks OR attack Iraq, afghanistan.
forgot to mention the GOP expense accounts lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 10:15am
would it be a bad thing if Obama reversed policy on drilling off of the East Coast? or should we keep depending on the Middle East and thier close ties with a certain party?
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 10:20am
Is that all you got? He was against more drilling during his campaign; strongly as I recall.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 10:27am
confuse and conquer, I put up with 8 years of it, now its your turn
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 10:45am
Eric, if you think business is bad now, wait until interest rates more than double because the US government went on a major spending binge and got nothing for it but progressive social policy. Never waste a good crisis as they say.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 1:14pm
if it gets any worse it will be called a depression. lets drill for some oil off your coast!!!!!
no one is buying at these interest rates anyways...the fckin banks wont give any money
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 6:56pm
Drilling here will not make the price at the pump go down, but it would be a good start on jobs at least for a few. But I think we the "Ragheads", do not want to obey, screw it shoot a nuke at em, let em swim in it.. We dont need forgein oil anymore..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 11:49pm
red dot, push button start lawn mower
towel head, pull start lawn mower
why cant we be like Canada? self sustaining, keep our noses out of trouble, borders up against a big bully, never hear from them.

Drilling here may keep money here? I hope I live to see the day we tell the Saudi's to F off, we would never ever again be in turmoil, arm them, and say your on your own....actually, because of thier beliefs they are doing a pretty good job of strapping bombs on themselves and blowing sht up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic