Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Getting mildew stains off of vinyl upholstery

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
wakemeup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakemeup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2010 at 1:23am
Whatever you do, do not take off the top coat like I did. On mine the mildew will clean up OK, just like yours did but after the boat was covered it came right back. Star Brite Mildew cleaner worked the best but be careful, it will take the top coat off and then your screwed. The mildew gets imbedded in the vinyl and you will never get it out. I am going to have to replace my upholstery.
Wakemeup

1988 Ski Nautique

1999 Air Nautique
tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2010 at 7:54pm
I had a little on my engine cover and I used a tiny bit of soft scrub with bleech. I gently rubbed a little bit with my finger, then wiped it with a rag. Then rinsed with warm water. It came out perfect. Im not sure if this bad in the long run. I have used in the past Vinyl Victory off of ebay and it seems to work really well, just this stain, I could not get out and I resorted to the pesky soft scrub...
rmm025 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmm025 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2010 at 8:00pm
Simple Green works great for me everytime.
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2010 at 12:43am
For me the best stuff is a cheap one. It was a little secret a lady at the marina told me.

MEAN GREEN: buy it at the Dollar store, $2.50 the gallon.
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2010 at 12:45am
After cleaning with Mean Green, apply conditioner.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic