NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft gas pedal

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft gas pedal
    Posted: April-26-2010 at 1:59pm
Anyone ever seen one of these?

It is the cable connection to an old foot throttle. The cable needs replacing, but in order to use the foot throttle, I have to find one of these that either is already on the cable or will screw on to a 33C cable.

Any ideas where to find one?
WhiteLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2010 at 1:58am
I found that cable in my old boat and had no idea what it went to. Now I know. Would be nice to get one of these pedals
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2010 at 1:51pm
Do you want to sell the cable?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2010 at 2:10pm
Bruce,
See how close the ID of the brass tube with the ball is to the theads on the end of a 33C cable is. Cut the ball end off and drill/tap and locktite it to the end of the new cable.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2010 at 4:04pm
The brass is wider than the threaded rod. That may work! Do you suppose the cable and pedal was a special Correct Craft part?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2010 at 5:53pm
Bruce,
I doubt it's a special part. I'd have to say they were getting surplus parts off some car like they did for things like the steering box/collumn/wheels.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2010 at 2:30pm
Pete, it worked!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2010 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Pete, it worked!

Bruce, That's great! Now you can keep the original gas peddle and use a non original cable!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2010 at 3:16pm
I hope I can find the other old cable as I suspect someone else is going to need one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic