Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Vinyl Cleaner?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jackkloepfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackkloepfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Vinyl Cleaner?
    Posted: April-27-2010 at 4:02pm
I am told that Fantastic is no longer recommended by CC...is this correct?

What is the best blend of tough stain removal and non corrosiveness?

Thanks, guys.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2010 at 4:09pm
I use ePHx from G&T industries (the maker of CC's vinyl and the only recommended cleaner as far as I know) and its terrific. I believe it has been renamed Z-care. Its available from White Lake.
fixitjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixitjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2010 at 6:11pm
TRBenj, have you used this cleaner on mildew stains. I have some on my driver's seat and am looking for something recommended for vinyl that can get off tough mildew stains.

Thanks, Jim
fixitjim
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2010 at 6:14pm
Jim, I havent... Im not sure if my dad has- he got a bit of mildew on his '03. Im not sure it would take it off, as mildew is a real PITA. You may have to resort to something harmful to the vinyl to get that off- like a magic erasor. Even that may not do it... but worth a shot.
mndanielsncsu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mndanielsncsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2010 at 6:30pm
I've had pretty good luck with Starbrite Mildew Cleaner. I got it from West Marine and it doesn't seem to be too harsh. May be worth giving it a shot.
1993 Sport Nautique - sold May 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackkloepfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2010 at 6:36pm
You guys know if the powder oxy clean is abrasive? I spot tested with it, and it worked really well.
85sn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 85sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2010 at 6:52pm
Spray Power made by CROWN has worked the best for me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackkloepfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2010 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I use ePHx from G&T industries (the maker of CC's vinyl and the only recommended cleaner as far as I know) and its terrific. I believe it has been renamed Z-care. Its available from White Lake.

is there anything decent I can get, that isn't a specialty item...just for the time being?
Dave D. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2010 at 7:33pm
I only use Westley's Bleach It White wall tire cleaner! I have used this stuff on our boats, cars, motorcycles, dirty ice chests, tennis shoes, and on and on, for 30+ years. I just cleaned my intire Sport Nautique interior with it over the weekend and it looks brand new. It also removes black marks and imbedded dirt in the hull and top side. Just spray it on, hit it with a platic tire brush(or kitchen) plastic brush, let it sit for a minute or two and spray it off or wipe it off with a clean wet cloth. It won't stain or ruin anything as it's just a weak soap and bleech solutuion. I could do a commercial for all the great uses this product has. I guess I just did. www.westleys.com is the website. You can thank me later, lol!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackkloepfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2010 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Dave D. Dave D. wrote:

I only use Westley's Bleach It White wall tire cleaner! I have used this stuff on our boats, cars, motorcycles, dirty ice chests, tennis shoes, and on and on, for 30+ years. I just cleaned my intire Sport Nautique interior with it over the weekend and it looks brand new. It also removes black marks and imbedded dirt in the hull and top side. Just spray it on, hit it with a platic tire brush(or kitchen) plastic brush, let it sit for a minute or two and spray it off or wipe it off with a clean wet cloth. It won't stain or ruin anything as it's just a weak soap and bleech solutuion. I could do a commercial for all the great uses this product has. I guess I just did. www.westleys.com is the website. You can thank me later, lol!

bleach on vinyl?? is that really safe? how long have you been using it on your sport nautique?
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2010 at 9:07pm
I use "Mean Green" found at the Dollar stores, $2.50. Try it. Is really cheap. Get a vinyl conditioner for afterwards.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackkloepfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2010 at 10:25pm
I do use 303 for protection. I'll keep an eye out for for mean green. anyone here know why they stopped suggesting fantastic?
Dave D. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2010 at 12:14pm
Jack, I have used Westleys on the Sport for as long as I have had it, going on 4 years. I have used it on our previous boats as well. Like I mentioned, it's a weak solution, not strong enough to hurt or ruin anything. I get it on my clothes all the time and it does not bleach them. Try some in an inconspicuous area and you will see what I mean. I scrub down our the plastic and aluminum wheels, engine cases,on our dirt bikes and I scrub our riding gear and moto boots with it when we get red dirt stains and it makes everything look like new. I use it on practically everything, even our dirty ice chests. My Dad used this stuff when I was a little kid. I am in my 40s now and that's what I have always used on all my toys, with no ill effects. It's made in Houston and it's my all time favorite product. If that's not an infomercial, I don't know what is, LOL!!
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2010 at 1:20pm
The guys on the Supra forum I'm on are currently raving about Exquisite cleaner. They have an ebay store and apparently guys that have used it are thouroughly impressed.
Lelander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lelander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2010 at 1:47pm
Magic Eraser works wonders on vinyl-

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackkloepfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2010 at 11:19pm
I've used Exquisite as well. I can also attest that it does a really, really good job. but I think I ended up paying around 20 bucks for a relatively small bottle of it. I would be hard pressed to think I couldn't find something comparable for half the price.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic