Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

18V Kits- DeWalt vs. Milwaukee vs. Ridgid?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2010 at 8:00pm
My 18V Ryobi combo kit has been AMAZING over the past 6 years. That was back when the set cost like 350 bucks- they weren't giving them away like they are now. I have beat the sh*t out of all of the tools and used them to remodel and build almost every room in my house as well as outside projects, etc. THOUSANDS of deck screws, drywall screws, subfloor screws, dozens of big hole-saw projects, etc. and the drill is still going like new. Circ saw has been through hundreds of board feet of plywood, etc, still rocking. Recip saw has cut through everything and everything reliably for years. The tools look like they have been through war. The batteries still hold a charge for hours of use and I'm completely amazed by how well this "cheap" set of tools has held up over the years. I finally somewhat killed my 18V recip saw with a huge cutting job last fall, and then I proceeded to leave it out in heavy rain. The sucker is still going but I think it may may let the smoke out soon.

I think it's time to graduate to the "big boy" tools and go with a top of the line combo kit. Who makes the best stuff these days? Are all the big brands made by some huge Chinese conglomerate now? Is it all crap or does anybody still make a good tool? I'm leaning toward DeWalt quite frankly because they look so cool. Love the yellow. My Dad's nearly-new Ridgid 18V drill is already flaking out so I'm leaning away from that brand as my Ryobi outgunned it by far in assembling my dock last weekend. I'm neutral on Milwaukee.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic