Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

looking for a transmission for 87 nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 15>
Author
nautiquechick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: looking for a transmission for 87 nautique
    Posted: May-02-2010 at 11:23pm
I really need to find a used transmission for sale. I got a raw deal and can not seem to find one to put in the boat I purchased and put less then 10hrs on and learned that it was in desperate need of a transmission. It is a very long story. Hopefuly someone can lead me in the right direction.

Thank you
nautiquechick
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2010 at 11:37pm
    you have a trans or did it fall out of the boat?
"the things you own will start to own you"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 12:34am
I have a transmission. the boat is actually in really good shape. There is no way I can afford a brand new transmission and I am not really sure what to do. Wish there was a lemon law for boats...
nautiquechick
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 1:35am
Welcome to the site first of all Tell Mr. Eric Lavine what kind of boat you have and all and he will fix everything!He might have a contact near you if you can't afford to send your problematic transmission to him.Race City Marine is even close enough to do any other work needed. Stay -tuned and someone will chime in with some help-ful hints.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 2:14am
Welcome Jessica, sorry you did not get what you bargained for. This site is a great resource. Eric is "the man" with all things transmissions and takes great care of ccfans. Good luck.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 10:03am
explain what exactly is happening with the trans

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 4:16pm
Well where do I begin... When I first got the boat knowing absolutely nothing about boats.(but have grwon up on a lake in Md. Called Deep Creek Lake) I noticed but didn't really know i was noticing a miss or slip when I came into the dock and put it in reverse to slow it down. Also noticed when I was pulling tubers that it would hesitate at the start up. Friends came up and wanted to go skiing well then was when I really noticed it cause as you know it is a much faster take off with skiers and there was alot of slipping hesitation which really doesn't work with skiing. Mind you prob. about 5hrs on the boat at this point. Took it over to the dealer. He got in the boat and noticed what I was talking about and sent me over to the service center they looked at the boat for him. And they came to the conclusion that it needed a transmission 2-3 thousand dollars. It took all I had to purchase this boat and make my dreams come true. I know that boats take money and had I had the boat for a full season and had that full season enjoyment out of it I may not be upset but 5 hrs. So needless to say there is no forward in forward and no reverse in reverse. So much for that dream so there you have it the story is actually much longer but that tells you prob. what you needed to know. Thanks again for taking the time to talk to me. It is really appreciated.
nautiquechick
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by nautiquechick nautiquechick wrote:

Also noticed when I was pulling tubers that it would hesitate at the start up.

Ahhh pulling tubes. That right there is your problem.

I would take the boat back to the dealer and demand that they remove your transmission and send it to Eric to fix and re-install. You might consider paying for the tranny work yourself.

What year is the boat?

Tim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 4:37pm
The boat is an 87. I have a friend who is willing to help me put it in and take it out he is a true gem The rest is up to me. Soooooo we will see what eric says.
nautiquechick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 4:41pm
No one is willing to go skiing I have got alot of lazy kids in the family and that would be way to hard to ski knee board or wake board they would actually have to do something besides hold on. My own kids are to young yet they are only 2 and 4. But they will be skiiers if I have something to say about it.....lol
nautiquechick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 4:53pm
I am not real sure about the hours on the boat 800-900.
nautiquechick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 5:11pm
Your probably in the $600-700 ballpark with Eric.

Tim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 5:17pm
to rebuild?????? That is alot better then new. Just was not expecting all of this I can not imagine what shipping will cost I do not even know where eric is located in the us hopefuly not to far away...
nautiquechick
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 5:19pm
I think the tranny you need costs around 1200-1500 dollars brand new on most suppliers. A rebuilt one should be below the grand.

Rebuilding your own around U$D800.

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 5:44pm
Jessica,

Give Eric a call, 877-369-6693, his shop is in Ohio, Fantastic Finish Marine.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 5:50pm
That is awesome my boat is in Deep Creek (Western Maryland)I don't want to bother him...
nautiquechick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 5:52pm
This Eric fella is a very popular man around here...
nautiquechick
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 5:57pm
You won't bother him, that's what he does for a living. I am sure he would welcome the call!
Greg

86 BFN
FrankT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 6:54pm
I am looking at a parts boat and may have an extra velvet drive within a few weeks. What is your budget?

FrankT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 7:00pm
I can not afford a hole lot right now. I am not sure if you read the whole story but I put everything I had to purchase the boat. But on the other hand I really need to get it fixed so I can at least enjoy it a little. I guess if you let me know what you are thinking I can let you know if I can get the money. Thank you very much keep me posted if you don't mind.
nautiquechick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 7:07pm
Just tried to give eric a call got disconnected I am sure he is a very busy guy it is that time of year I will just wait to hear from him again on here. He seems to check in a good bit. So I will wait...
nautiquechick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 7:52pm
If you give me $20 I will send you his cell number :)

I would get it fixed instead of buying unknown used.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 9:45pm
hehehe very cute!!!! That is what I think also that way I know it is fixed. a little worried about shipping price though.
nautiquechick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 9:52pm
@ behindpropeller You sure do do alot for being such an old fart!!!! Good for you hope I am doing the same at the ripe old age of 99...
nautiquechick
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by behindpropeller behindpropeller wrote:

If you give me $20 I will send you his cell number :)

I would get it fixed instead of buying unknown used.

Be careful, his cell number is a "900" number, LOL.

Good advice from the "old guy", Eric will take care of you, particularly if you use your "Girly Charm", LOL.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2010 at 12:51am
@quinner to funny   . I am so glad I was pointed in the direction of this site I feel such a releif... I really hope and feel like I will get some much needed help here. Not only for this but in the future. Its like a facebook for correct craft fans I love it...
nautiquechick
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2010 at 2:38am
Originally posted by nautiquechick nautiquechick wrote:

This Eric fella is a very popular man around here...

If you only knew...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2010 at 2:53am
Jessica, Eric has some resources for shipping. I had an engine shipped from Ohio to Minnesota for just over $100 using Unishippers as recommended from Eric. They post shippments online and truckers will bid on them to add to existing trips and up their profits. For that price the engine had to be packaged and droped off at a loading dock and I had to pick it up about 10 miles from my home at another dock. Transmissions are smaller and lighter than engines.
I to own an 87 that was less than advertised by the seller, leading to my forum name. With what I have learned here I might soon be able to upgrade the name to OnlyUpToMyNeck. Good work putting "Chick" in your forum name. You will have guys fighting to be the first to answer your posts.
The word BOAT is an accronym for Break Out Another Thousand, but they are worth it.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2010 at 10:24am
it will bother me if you dont call, i grabbed the phone because your the first woman besides my wife that has called my shop...I ran to the phone but no one was on the other end. call again or try my cell 330-322-8817....no forward or reverse?? are you sure the damper isnt snapped......cheaper fix than a trans, dont pull the trans yet.
the sweeter the voice the cheaper the price, especially if i hear a southern twang lol
really, call and i will get you thru this cheaply or at least point you in the right direction
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2010 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

it will bother me if you dont call, i grabbed the phone because your the first woman besides my wife that has called my shop...I ran to the phone but no one was on the other end. call again or try my cell 330-322-8817....no forward or reverse?? are you sure the damper isnt snapped......cheaper fix than a trans, dont pull the trans yet.
the sweeter the voice the cheaper the price, especially if i hear a southern twang lol
really, call and i will get you thru this cheaply or at least point you in the right direction

Next time I will have my wife bring the tranny over to get fixed

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 15>
  Share Topic