Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

07 236 TE ZR6 choking out above idle

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tchap1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tchap1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 07 236 TE ZR6 choking out above idle
    Posted: June-13-2010 at 8:56pm
Had a problem recently where out of nowhere my engine chokes out when throttling up. Hard to restart but could get it only to idle; any throttle over that the engine dies. Limped back at rough idle. Had a good mechanic look at it at the marina and he found air in fuel line and bled it. Boat worked fine for him in 20-30 min test run. I used it a total of 4-5 hrs over 2 days after that. After a couple hrs the 2nd time out, same thing happened and I had to get towed back. Bleeding the fuel line did not help me. Seems like the PCM fuel cell system is to blame but was wondering if anyone has had an experience like this.
2007 236 TE ZR6
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 10:13am
seems like alot of low pressure fuel pumps have been giving guys problems lately, did he check fuel pressure? and too the fuel relays have also been problems too
"the things you own will start to own you"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 11:14am
Before you do anything, change the fuel filter and get some fresh gas in the boat. If that doesnt help, then you need to troubleshoot the fuel pumps and relays.
tchap1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tchap1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 11:20am
Thanks a bunch for the replies; they are very helpful.
2007 236 TE ZR6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic