NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2010 Northeast Reunion - Epsom, NH!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 89101112>
Author
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2010 at 4:18pm
I've got a 100 foot extension cord, on a reel, should I grab it for the PA?
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2010 at 4:52pm
2 pm on the road. Be there by 8!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2010 at 5:17pm
Just snagged the last room at the Northwood Motel, at least for Friday night.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2010 at 6:22pm
All the raffle stuff is packed, slalom course in on the roof, skis and gear in the boat, boat is hooked up and ready to go.

I'm heading out now. Need to pick up Hendricks in Manchester - nothing like driving through the airport with a boat in tow. A few stops along the but should be launching the boat before 6:00 pm.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2010 at 6:57pm
Guys have a good time I planned on coming sat but after the week i had with this nightmare on sebago in maine i think i will retire it for the season. this prop stall or whatever it is comes too fast and is too dangerous . i guess i could keep it at a 35 cruising speed and its fine but it has broken my spirit .
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2010 at 7:02pm
Peter, I would recommend dragging the boat over. Even if it sits on the trailer, it would be a worthwile trip just to meet everyone. If you get a chance, see if you can have ReidP take a look at your boat- if anyone can spot a possible cause of squirrely handling on that hull, its him.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2010 at 7:24pm
Peter, Still go anyway. They'll be plenty of people to ride with. Honest, take my advice and don't miss this. You'll be glad you did. 'm sorry I didn't see you this week. I've either been working at my job or on the Mustang and haven't seen the lake all week.

Kyle, we'll be driving by your house around 7:00. If you need help, 207-272-6096. Bruce
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2010 at 7:40pm
This event is like having this entire website of knowledge in person. This would be an outstanding opportunity for you to get some help with the issues you're having. I'd say join us and bring the boat!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2010 at 8:24pm
Peter, if you need to ride with someone over to the rafting area, etc., you're welcome to join me. As long as you don't mind sitting on the floor on a boat cushion as I don't have a back seat

I was in the ahh... boat of not having a boat last year, and people were really cool about letting me ride along.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2010 at 9:58pm
Peter, bring that boat on down, and we'll diagnose it, with life jackets on. Didn't bring an extra rudder but we've got plenty of new props to demo on 1:1 boats. But we've got a great rudder we could drop out real quick to try if you like. A number of us have been dealing with the whacked-out handling issues lately.

Our 2-boat, 3-man (Laurie's flying up), 3-dog (counting Bully) caravan finally pulled out around noon after a several hour rain delay. Currently closing in on Harrisburg PA, with an ETA of 3:30am into the Boathouse. We might nap for a while and roll in first thing Friday morning.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2010 at 10:28pm
maybe i will come fri night and sleep in excursion, or early sat. we could always put it in the $10 per swing of sledge hammer fund raiser.. too bad the boat cruises at 35 sweet and launches like a rocket
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2010 at 12:25am
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone soon. Just set my alarm for 4:00am. Should be a great morning on the water.

My trailer lights are blowing my truck fuse. I don't have regular trailer lights, only signal and stop lights. I'm hoping somebody can help lend a hand and help me find the issue. I assume my wires are shorting out somewhere.

Safe travels!

Ken
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2010 at 12:42am
Had volleyball but I am on the road finally. Be there late or early about on reids timing
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2010 at 12:48am
Tim, hope to see you at Green Lake 2011. It's been quiet without you. I'll miss your folks this year for the NE reunion. They're awesome.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2010 at 12:53am
Joe, I've got to get a ride in your machine tomorrow. I'm one of the few that haven't taken a spin in your boat.
gcarbone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcarbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2010 at 12:19pm
Late request but if anyone has an extra anchor, would you mind bringing it? My anchor was left up at camp. If not we can make something work. Thanks guys
Greg
96 SN
dmiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2010 at 12:27pm
Sure would be cool for us folks that can't make this trip to see some early photos. Perhaps a shot or two of the slalom course install?

I'm just sayin'....
Doug
FFtwentythree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FFtwentythree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2010 at 12:21am
Well we arrived at the campground thur an put the boat in the water this am
I have to say the folks at mccallum r top notch that includes the familty and the guys in the yard
had a great day on the lake even if their were some white caps
then we secorted the marine patrol back to the dock hehe
gd cookout was to follow, and looking forward to a great day tomorrow, got to meet some new friends as well
thanks Kieth
1966 Correct Craft Mustang
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2010 at 12:56am
+1 on McCallum hospitality. Ski lesson From Rhoni Barton-Bischoff. Listening to a few good stories by Mr.Ralph, seeing old friends, and a most excellent cookout..... and that is just Friday. Surely Saturday will be great!
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2010 at 7:55pm
Ok, we are home. Had some nasty rain on the 2 1/2 hour ride. It stopped long enough for me to get the boat back on the lift and out of the rain. So for a little recap of Saturday. The day was nice, water was alot calmer. Rafting out behind the island Rhoni Barton-Bischof got both of my kids running several consistant full passes on a mini course to the amazement of all watching as it was their first ever slalom course attempts.   Many thanks Rhoni. She even autographed with a personal note each of their skis. My son ran his R/C Air 205 for Keith, and Dave but Reid's dog thought it was a toy and wanted it so we parked it. Joe from NY manange to have a beer on every boat. (I believe this is some sort of tradition)and well it should be. Great people out there.
We missed the speed runs as we had gone back to have some lunch. You'll see the results here shorty I'm sure. My boy wakeboared across the full length of the lake on the way back to rafting for a while until it was time to head back and get ready for the evenings activities.
The evening started with a CC history lesson complete with side show by Mr. Ralph and his assistant (which I believe to be the wife of his grandson) followed by another Q&A with the PCM rep. We gathered under the tent for a Itaian buffet from a local restaurant (that also has great Pizza) followed by awards and raffles. My kids were thrilled to have the honor of being Keith's assitants selling raffle tickets and handing out prizes.
Kudos to Keith for putting on another great event and to Pete MacCallum whose hospitality was fantastic. from what I understand his service department came to the aid of a couple people and their generosity
and willingness to help was greatly appreciated.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 2:09am
Another fantastic weekend with some terrific people! It was great to catchup with old friends, and make some new friends as well.

Peter MacCallum and his staff were simply amazing. They literally opened up with lake side facility to us including private boat launch, lawn over looking the water, their shop building and entire grounds.

Rhoni Barton-Bishoff was equally incredible. She and Mike (from MacCallum's Boathouse) pulled over 30 skiers over two days putting 19.5 hrs. on the demo 200!

Roy Layton from PCM had two great talks and answered many questions.

And Ralph Meloon Sr. gave a fantastic presentation on the some of the previously unknown history of Correct Craft boats, including a slide presentation put together by Jen Abel.

There was plenty of slalom skiing, surfing, wakeboarding and barefooting throughout the weekend. All the boats looked and ran great!

Here are a few photos:

5:30 am - Peter MacCallum getting the 200 off the lift

Sun rise on Northwood Lake

Rhoni giving valiable instruction

Dock Space at MacCallum's Boathouse

Surfing behind Mike Succi's 210

More pictures to come.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 2:21am
Classic!

Rafting at the Sandbar

Heading back for the boat show

Boats on display, a few steps from the launch

Welcome announcements

Group Photo

Me, Rhoni and Peter MacCallum

And this was all just Friday!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 2:31am
Turns out Rhoni's not a cougar
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 2:52am
Saturday ...

More early morning instruction from Rhoni

Eric Svensson wakeboarding behind Mike's 210

Check out this NH loon!

Back to the sandbar

Presentation by Ralph Meloon Sr.

Saturday Banquet Dinner

Late arrival

What a great event!

Other highlights include Ken Meloon wrestling a muddy, 200 lb., water soaked log in the back of my boat.

Award results coming next.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 9:04am
Good Stuff Keith! Thanks for getting some pictures up so quick. Looks like it was another great reunion.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 11:37am
Hi guys,
We had a great time at the reunion this past weekend.
A great big thanks to Keith, the MacCallums and all the sponsors that made it such a great event.

Will post some photos later tonight and a quick note about the excellent service department at MacCallums (involving my truck, not the boat thankfully).

Was great to see everyone, both friends of old and the new ones made this weekend!
Thanks to all the fans for the pulls, brews and good times.

-Brad, Cheney, Lyra and Willow
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 1:04pm
I really had a good time, thanks to Keith and Peter for organizing the event. It was my first reunion and it's fun to meet everyone, just a great group of people.

Seeing my blue '63 and Bruce's green '66 side by side was a treat for me, kind of like finding my boat's long lost brother! I don't think you'll see those 2 colors in the CC line again, just a guess.

My kids really enjoyed rafting up, we got home and they want to take every boat we have (3 power boats, rowboat, canoe, 2 kayaks, pedal boat) and raft them up somewhere on the lake! That's my daughter in my XL CCFan sweatshirt above, when I showed her the picture she said "are you kidding me, I'm on the internet!"

Anyway, great time and I look forward to future reunions.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 2:14pm
Awards and Results:

Northwood WOT Awards
1st Place - Joe Fennessy - 58.6 mph - 1983 Ski Nautique w/ Ford Stroker 408
2nd Place - Reid Pinkham - 54.5 mph - 2009 Ski Nautique CCF Edition w/ Chevy PCM 6.0L Catanium 409
3rd Place - John Morrow - 51.9 mph - 1962 Classic w/ Intercepter 390
4th Place - Larry Hineline - 50.7 mph - 1976 Ski Tique w/ Chevy OMC 305
5th Place - Eric Svensson - 50.5 mph - 1986 Ski Nautique w/ Chevy PCM 454

Best of Class Pre-1969
Bruce Hart - 1966 Mustang

Best of Class 1970-1981
Larry Hineline - 1976 Ski Tique

Best of Class 1982-1989
Brad Harper - 1986 Ski Nautique

Best of Class 1990-1999
Kevin Kuzdzal - 1998 Ski Nautique

Best of Class 2000-2010
Reid Pinkham - 2009 Ski Nautique CCF Edition

Best Engine
Joe Fennessy - 1983 Ski Nautique w/ Ford Stroker 408

Best of Show
Reid Pinkham - 2009 Ski Nautique CCF Edition

Most Dedicated
Ralph Meloon Sr.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 3:43pm
It was a great time. MacCallums was a great place to have it. The property was beautiful and they couldn't have been any nicer and more welcoming. Pete, his family and staff were a perfect fit with our group. It was a real treat to meet Mr. Ralph and his family. The lake was nice and had a great place to hang out in the afternoon. As usual, it was great to see old friends and meet new ones. And the new line of Nautiques is beautiful. That 200 is the nicest boat ever! And skiing with Rhoni was fantastic! Not only could she find some good in my skiing and help me improve, but she is an amazingly nice person. Thanks to everyone!

Rhoni starting Dave & Tom's lesson

We finally finished the Mustang at 6PM Thursday night

Roy from PCM

Mike's (05210) beautiful boat

David's nice American Skier

Mr. Ralph's granddaughter Jennifer, Tom & Dave

Dave doing his 1st Tumble round

Tom doing his 1st Tumble up

Brad teaching them

Brad going backwards
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 4:10pm
I don't have any photos from Sunday as I was either driving or skiing/footing all day. We had the coolest setup ... Brad's '86 Ski Nautique was the footing machine, we used my '94 Ski Nautique for slalom and Mike's '05 210 for surfing. People just kept jumping form one boat to another. It was amazing.

We put 19.5 hours on one of MacCallum's Ski Nautique 200s over Friday and Saturday - all of it pulling skiers with Rhoni giving instruction. The lake setup was perfect as the slalom course was in the calmest part of the lake which happened to be right in front of the sandbar. So everyone could watch people skiing the course.

Those that wanted to surf, wakeboard, free ski, ride the skyski or compete for the WOT Award had more than enough room out on the lake.

Friday happened to be a bit windy but still warm and sunny. Saturday started off chilly (at 5:30 am) but shaped up to be in the low 80's and just about perfect. Sunday was more overcast with some rain in the late afternoon but that just keep the tubers off the water.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 89101112>
  Share Topic