FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2010 Northeast Reunion - Epsom, NH!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 9101112>
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 4:15pm
It's also worth noting that Bruce's Mustang missed Best of Show by one vote to the Orange Crush. Great job Bruce, Dave and Tom - the boat looks terrific!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 4:36pm
My group and I had a great time.

MacCullum's really was awesome. I couldn't believe that had boat & trailer valet service. They really made it easy.

My brother and I had a great time skiing the course behind the 200. Thanks to Pete, Mike, Keith and Rhoni! She was a really great coach, my brother and I are at different levels and she was really able to speak to both of our skill sets. We both took away valuable tips.

Keith, I have a couple short videos of my brother skiing behind the 200; I can put them up somewhere.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 4:44pm
Bruce,
Fastastic job on the Mustang! I've got to ask, are those original wind wings or a new style? They usually get screwed to the hull sides!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
WAKE-up View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WAKE-up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 5:02pm
What a fantastic event, the insight to Correct Craft history by Mr. Ralph was something that you can't read in a book
1st reunioun of hopefully many more as a pleasure to meet with some very nice people
a + to win some $ to put towards replacement wakeboard- 2nd this year--kids! if there is way to link/post video please let me know, wake to wake to kersplat
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 5:11pm
Keith, thanks. The boys and I, (especially David whom I've been calling Majicman as he restored all the gel by himself and I never thought it would ever look so good) were very appreciative of all the kind comments and the award. When we were eating dinner Friday night, I was watching these people hanging out at the boat. They were there through our whole dinner. I was wondering what the heck could they be finding so interesting about it for all of that time. I went over and it was Jennifer, Mr. Ralph's grandaughter who also works at Correct Craft. She really liked the boat. I was really surprised that someone from Correct Craft that has probably been around thousands of beautiful boats was so interested in it.

Pete, those are dealer plates owned by a small boat restoration company in Maine called Long Beach Classic Boats. I was thinking of you while I was talking to Mr. Ralph about the Mustang and telling him that he sure did a great job on the gel coat back in 1966 for it to come back so well in 2010. Our boat came out much better than I thought it would when we bought it. For it to come out so good with 3 first time novices, (with the help of CCF), working on it, it had to have been a good quality boat in the beginning, so I'd say Correct Craft was making good quality way back then.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Seeing my blue '63 and Bruce's green '66 side by side was a treat for me, kind of like finding my boat's long lost brother! I don't think you'll see those 2 colors in the CC line again, just a guess.

It was a treat for me to see those boats together as well, so much so that it was the only picture I took the entire weekend

WAKE-up --- Sorry I can't put a name and face to the screen name but as to the broken board I pulled a binding out of hyperlite two years ago at the NE reunion on a botched W2W 180 landing and hyperlite replaced the board even though it was 3 model years old (it was spotless though I hadnt used it due to a long recovery from an ankle injury) with a new one... so it might be worth talking to whomever you bought your board from.

As to the reunion it was a great time as always.. a little on the short side.. I always seem to find myself late to everything as I am trying to eek a few more moments of the previous activity or sneek in one more conversation. I didn't quite get to having a drink on every boat but I caught all the ones that would sit still long enough and met a lot of new charecters.. um I mean great people as a result. One of these years I would like to ski behind as many different boats as possible, although that is going to require me getting in better shape or finding some bigger skis because I am fully whipped from this weekends watersports.

I did manage to Slalom Ski (twice), sky ski (twice), surf, barefoot, and wakeboard... all of which with the exception of my slalom clinic on the first day was able to occur in pretty darn good water conditions. Definitely a personal best for the amount of actual watersports accomplished during a CCfan reunion.. this I can attribute to the venue.. both in terms of lake conditions, and in lack of a walking distance bar allowing me to get up for early morning activities each day.

Thanks to the Keith, McCallums, and the rest of the sponsors it was a very nice event put together very quickly.. totally worth driving my uncovered boat home through 6.5 hours of relentless wind and rain. Thanks as well to all those who gave me rides, pulls, drinks, and great conversations...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 5:41pm
Bruce, like you I'm amazed at how good my gel coat still looks. I haven't babied the boat at all, it's been run hard and often over the years, yet a bit of elbow grease and it still shines. I notice the stress cracks because I know the boat so well, but nobody else seems to mind!

I spoke to Ralph about my boat, and Ken. Both were gracious and interested, Ken said the sound when I took off in the channel brought him good memories of loud, high pitched V6's from years ago.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 5:49pm
Another highlight for me was riding in two of the four fastest boats for the official GPS speed trial. Riding in Joe's rocket to document the 58.6 (and it has more if it can stay stable) and the Classic's very respectable 51.9 was a first for me!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
WAKE-up View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WAKE-up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 6:29pm
joeinNY thanks for pointing out my deficiency in profile- now updated
board was old obrien ripped out both inserts and crack between next insert went O for with contact to liquid force for earlier board though now 2 for 2 as same older son broke both maybe i'll package up all with some epoxy and put under the tree for him this year!!
paul
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 6:41pm
No problem Paul, I suspected I might have gotten the chance to meet you but without the real name or the picture of the boat I would have been grasping at straws... cool boat...glad I had a chance to talk with you and the crew, even if only briefly over the weekend. I was getting pretty good at pulling out those inserts as well and even tearing apart boots.. so far this year so good... but that probably means I am just not pushing hard enough. I havnt resorted to putting a carriage bolt through a board to hold down a binding yet... but in a pinch...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 7:06pm
I also got a chance to spend more time with Ken Meloon over the weekend and realize that he's truly just one of us.

Ken was out at 6:00 am Saturday helping Greg (gcarbone) and I put in the slalom course when we snagged a huge log on the course main line. Pulling it up I was very surprised to see it was an old giant, covered in mud and extremely heavy. The three of us wrestled it up out of the water, each nearly falling overboard in the process, until we managed to get about half of the log up on the stern of my boat. We were then able to free the line and with no other options, tossed it back in lake were it quickly sunk to the bottom (for another 100 years). Needless to say, we all got covered in mud, my boat included. Ken just laughed it off.

After we returned to the dock, I had to check on a few things. When I came back to my boat with some rags and cleaner, Ken had already been out there and had my boat all cleaned up.

A short while later, we were out on the lake were I pulled him trick behind the old '94 and he drove me skiing.

He really enjoys these events as much as the rest of us.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 9:49pm
Keith et al,
What was the history that Mr. Melloon revealed? It seemed from the context that it was something that most wouldn't know or think about. Please tell.
Steve
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 10:18pm
     What a great time! Great venue too. Thanks Keith for another fantastic weekend. For those of you who couldn't make it start planning for next year. Decent weather(no ice), decent water, big enough to spread out but not so big that you lost track of everyone, and great people. Did I mention it only took me 45 minutes to get there What more could I ask for hahahaha.

Gotta give props to Bruce and his kids for a job well done on the Mustang,man that boat looks nice.

I had a great time surfing with everyone and Eric,Joe and I each got a good run in on the wakeboards Sat AM. One thing I would have liked to have had time to do was check out the Sky Ski- next year for sure. It sure was nice to meet some new faces, get re-aquainted with some old ones and check out all the great looking rides.

Thanks to Pete MacCallum and crew for having us and giving us the run of your amazing facility .

I need to give Eric Svensson(Wakeboardin2K4)a shout out for his selflessness throughout the entire weekend. He helped with launching and retrieving,filling and emptying ballast sacs,hung out on the sun deck coaching surfers for hours, manned the helm (along with the volume knob) so I could get some time on the water, offered up his cottage on the lake Sat night saving the Godfather and I from Room#6 , and single handidly stowed a whole floor full of gear,ropes, vests,boards,etc away in my boat (in the rain, no less) before his own boat was even out of the water. You're the man dude.

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 10:31pm

Some pics taken by Bruce's sons while we surfed on Sat.

Eric Svensson

JoeinNY :Looking like he's about to get wet

Tom Hart chillin in the back seat

Dave Hart

Our fearless leader....ropeless no less. You can tell by the look on his face he's hooked   

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 10:53pm
Nice recap everyone,

My Father and I wish we were there, but with work I couldnt get up there, and with the nice weather we had down here in CT we got all the walls set for the next step for our garage project to house the 2 nautiques.

-Phil
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 11:08pm

I'm trying to think of a word to sum up this weekend.

"Thankful"

And that goes to everyone who was there.

Peter MacCallum, your house was our house for the weekend.
First Class Dealership Staff... thank you !!

Mr.Ralph family getting me there. thank you !!
Keith getting me from the airport on Thursday... thank you !!

And a big "THANK YOU" to Eric Svensson a.k.a. "LOON RIDER"

You and Mike took me under your wings the whole weekend.
How can I say thank you for that. And that's how I come up with
the word "Thankful".

Just another great event had with all....

Dave

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 12:00am
   More pics from the raft up:

Greg(gcarbone), Joe Fennessy, and Keith

Joe & Keith heading out for the winning run

Dave Hendricks(the godfather)

Kevin Kuzdzal(harddock) & son Blake

Eric Svensson(wakeboardin2k4) & dad Bob, w/ harddock family in background

The North Carolina crew Reid,Curtis,Laurie,and John

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 12:18am
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

I need to give Eric Svensson(Wakeboardin2K4)a shout out for his selflessness throughout the entire weekend. He helped with launching and retrieving,filling and emptying ballast sacs,hung out on the sun deck coaching surfers for hours, manned the helm (along with the volume knob) so I could get some time on the water, offered up his cottage on the lake Sat night saving the Godfather and I from Room#6 , and single handidly stowed a whole floor full of gear,ropes, vests,boards,etc away in my boat (in the rain, no less) before his own boat was even out of the water. You're the man dude.

Thanks man I really appreciate the kind words. But you make it sound like some of that was work! Hanging out with great people, showing them how to surf, burning more of your fuel, which you wouldn't let me help chip in towards, by adding more weight to the boat, blasting "Bad Company" by Five Finger Death Punch and creating a bro-mance through that song. You guys are more than welcome any time at the cottage dude. I had a great time out on youre boat man and appreciate you letting me hang out on your boat all weekend.

Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

And a big "THANK YOU" to Eric Svensson a.k.a. "LOON RIDER"   

You're very welcome Dave. It was a privilege getting to know you better and hearing all your stories of your many years at the great company that we all love so much!

This website is such an amazing success. I emailed Keith asking if it would be ok for me to make some business cards up just with the website name. This question was a result of being at a rest area in MA on my way home sunday and being questioned about my boat by a woman who saw Rieds "crush boat" and the classic go by a few minutes prior to me stopping for a leak. I got to chatting with her about our group of people involved in the sit and how people travel from far and wide to be at these events. And I told her the website name since her husband was a CC owner and knew enough about the boats to know my monster tower was and add on, BUT i feel like sometimes people may not remember the name due to its length even tho we think its a very simple name. But its just amazing how much these boats and this site can open up conversations with random people. Its a great site to be involved with
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 3:44am
A little video footage of my brother behind the 200 with Rhoni. It was really awesome getting the chance to ski with her:

Skiing with Rhoni
Ladies Love Cool Correct Crafts
dmiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 1:31pm
Keith,

Will there be an opportunity to purchase reunion t-shirts from the CCF store this year?

Sure would like to have one.....
Doug
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 1:41pm
JoeNY, I never asked you, but how did you like driving the Mustang and what do you think of that burp after it idles for awhile. I've got the jet leaned out as much as possible. What would be causing it to run rich? Float adjustment?
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Our fearless leader....ropeless no less. You can tell by the look on his face he's hooked   

You bet I'm hooked! You and Eric had me surfing in no time. Surfing is a blast. As I kept saying, I could do that all day!

Mike, I second your comments on Eric and throw them right back at you. You must have pulled 20 different people behind your 210. You successfully converted a handful of skiers to appreciate towers and big wakes.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
gcarbone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcarbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 5:57pm
After my first reunion, I didn’t know where to start but I think Dave nailed it when he said he was thankful. Thankful for Keith for all he does and getting us all together, the Meloon family, MacCallum’s, Mike and Eric for the towing and surfing (you gotta try it!), Joe for his expertise, the Hart’s, the NC crew, the Harper’s and their footing machine….we could keep going and going. I was thoroughly amazed at the quality of people associated with this site and am grateful for the friendships that started and continued.

Quickly adding to Keith’s post about Ken and the log wrestling competition... funny part was Keith warned him about the COURSE being a little grimy, “Ken, the course is a little dirty so be careful”…it wasn’t more than ten minutes later we were battling the log, he was covered and we enjoyed the laugh. Keith was right - for a guy who probably deserves a little sense of entitlement, it is nowhere to be found with him…a real classy guy.

So thanks again to everyone for making the trip and making this reunion what it was – a great time with great people.
96 SN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

Turns out Rhoni's not a cougar

I agree, looks too young.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

You successfully converted a handful of skiers to appreciate towers and big wakes.

-Keith

David told me that a 210 is now on his list of boats to have!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

Turns out Rhoni's not a cougar

I agree, looks too young.

It wasn't that she's too young, she's 33 I think, and if I had gotten my way she would have been sleeping in room 6 of the Northwood Motel and been revealing her inner cougarness.
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 6:36pm
She was to busy flirting with Ken for me to try and work some magic. Not all of us can be as sensitive as he is while enjoying a glass of Chardonnay.
Gonne929 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gonne929 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 8:11pm
Hey Guys,
It was great getting to know most of you on friday...Next year I am going to have to stay longer than the one day!
Keith, thanks for a great time...skiing with Rhoni was awesome!
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 8:12pm
Many of you saw Jen Abel taking a lot of pictures throughout the weekend. She provided a link to all her photos:

Photos from Jen Abel

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 10:18pm
Few more pics

Sunday Morning

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 9101112>
  Share Topic