NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2010 Northeast Reunion - Epsom, NH!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 101112
Author
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 11:34pm
<<Many of you saw Jen Abel taking a lot of pictures throughout the weekend. She provided a link to all her photos:

Photos from Jen Abel >>

Link isn't working for me, anyone else able to access it?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 11:57pm
It worked for me. Jen also emailed me that same folder of pictures along with a nice letter. We had talked a bit and she promptly did a follow up on some of what we talked about. One more highlight of the weekend.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2010 at 1:23am
Worked now, not sure what was wrong before. Great pics!

One more thank you I'd like to send out - to Eric Lavine and the crew at Fantastic Finish Marine. I waited too long and didn't get my transmission pulled until the week before the reunion, Eric received it and turned it around in just a few days. I got the tranny back at noon on Friday, installed it as time allowed at work, fired up the engine around 6:00 pm to check things out, then headed over to MacCallum's for the rest of the evening (luckily I work 15 minutes away!). Without Eric's quick turn-around and good work I wouldn't have had the boat at the reunion.

Thanks Eric and Darrin!
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2010 at 1:09am
Here are some more photos from the weekend:
Rafting up

Joe riding the Sky Ski

Lyra and Willow climbing on the display boat

Erich G and Karen Bagley

Willow

Joe getting some air in the chair

The chick magnet boat

Bootleg T-shirt represented

Roy's Tique. (The Mustang to the right had a 351 in it)

Me with my 3 babies

Thanks again for a great time fellas!
-Brad
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2010 at 2:04pm
Great pictures Bruce and Brad.

Keep them coming. I'll be posting the FTP site and directions for uploading photos shortly.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2010 at 6:18pm
Brad, Did your wife get any pictures when my kids ran the mini course with Rhoni? Our camera was useless on distant shots.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2010 at 11:24pm
Kevin,
She did get some video, but it's not good. Too far away, onbstacles, etc.

We took lots of pics/ videos, but not many of them came out worth a darn.
We do have a couple decent surfing vids. One really good one of Eric. Mike, I thought I took a vid of your surfing run, but turns out I missed your entire run...D'OH!

btw- what do you call a wake surfing run? Is it a pass, or a run, or a wave, or a ride? I'm just not hip to the surf lingo...dude.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2010 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

Kevin,

btw- what do you call a wake surfing run? Is it a pass, or a run, or a wave, or a ride? I'm just not hip to the surf lingo...dude.

A session.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2010 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

You call them some knarly tasty waves fur shure. Kawabunga!!!!

The one with the best run, oops I mean session is called the Big Kahuna
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2010 at 12:35am
"Nobody listens to Turtle bra"
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2010 at 6:57pm
This is one of the best reunions! It was great seeing everyone again and some new faces. MacCallum's treated us all like rock stars. I enjoyed having my boat pulled out and parked by the Bob Cat. Rhoni was the star of the show. She gave some awesome tips that I'll definitely benefit from. Overall, another great reunion to put in the books. Nice to see Dave there too.

Mike, it wasn't my fault our boats floated away into the lake. You just don't know how to anchor a boat. Thanks for your help, Tom!
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2010 at 7:01pm
Eric,

I give you some credit, that big ole 454 walked right away from me. I didn't see that one coming! I was smiling with my hole-shot, frowning with the end result. My 351 ran out of RPM....

Ken
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2010 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Mike, it wasn't my fault our boats floated away into the lake. You just don't know how to anchor a boat. Thanks for your help, Tom!

Just for the record, my single 20# anchor and mad anchoring skills kept the whole mini floatilla safely secured during Sundays raft up.

See Ken, it's simple first grade math : 4 feet of water + 3 feet of anchor line = runaway boats. Had I known that you failed math in first grade, I would have added my own anchor after I rafted to your "alledgedly" anchored boat

It sure was good for a laugh though....

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2010 at 5:50pm
Hey Everyone,
IT's time to upload your Northeast Reunion photos to the FTP server:

Link: ftp://uploads:ccf@correctcraftfan.com

The username and password are in the link but for those who are prompted for them:
Username: uploads
Password: ccf

If you are having trouble connecting (especially those with IE8), turn off 'Passive Mode' and once connected open the page in Windows Explorer, see screenshots below:

This alternative view option is also available from the 'View' menu in IE.

Once connected, click on the NE_2010 folder where you will see folders with people's names (i.e. Keith). At this point, please create a new folder:

Rename the folder with your name:

Double click on the new folder with your name (which will be empty) and then simply copy all your photos from your computer and paste them to the folder:

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 5:30pm
Keith,

I uploaded my photos to the server this morning.

Just for fun, I altered a picture of Bruce's Mustang using the 'old photo' feature on photobucket.

Here is the result...

Kyle
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 11:44pm
Cool picture Kyle.

Keith, I went in a created a file named Bruce and downloaded all the pictures. Now I can;t find it. I'll try again tomorrow.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2010 at 12:03am
I was driving past Northwood Lake today and pulled over and snapped a pic with my phone - this is looking out at the shallow area near MacCallum's, his ramp is a few hundred yards down the shoreline. It's all mud and rocks now!

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2010 at 1:45pm
That must be due to a planned drain down?

Keith, any ideas about next year's NE Reunion? Same time, same place?
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2010 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

That must be due to a planned drain down?

Keith, any ideas about next year's NE Reunion? Same time, same place?

Yes, most of the lakes around here are brought down in October. If you remember how shallow that channel is, it only takes a few feet to drain it completely. For most of the summer I skied on Friday mornings before work on Northwood Lake, we launched my friend's boat at a public ramp. That cove is so rocky that by late summer we would walk the boat out a few hundred feet before powering up.

The lake we boat on, Bow Lake in Strafford NH, was pulled down an extra few feet so they could work on the town dock. I've never seen it so low, really fun to look at the bottom contours, my kids like to walk around where they spend the summer swimming and boating.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2010 at 2:02pm
Does Northwood lake have a public ramp?

I remember thinking while I was there that it's a pretty good waterski lake and not too far from where I normally boat.

Yeah, a lot of the smaller lakes in NH drain down in the fall. I think it has a lot to do with making room for the spring thaw. I know Balch is going down a little extra this year to repair the dam and the road behind it.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2010 at 2:05pm
Brian, is the Balch you talk about the one that is in Newfield Maine?
gcarbone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcarbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2010 at 2:20pm
It gets like that every year so I would suspect that it is planned.

Brian, it does have public launch that David (63skier) uses regurlary so he can probably get you better info. It is a great lake to ski on, we got a session in before the reunion and it was great.
96 SN
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2010 at 2:24pm

Well, I prefer to think of it as East Wakefield NH But yes, it's the same lake. It actually straddles Maine and New Hampshire, which makes it sound bigger than it really is.

Ever been there?

I would definitely like to check out Northwood again. We had fun with the skiing we did do, but I wish we had done more at the re-union.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2010 at 2:52pm
Yes Brian, the launch is a short distance east from MacCallum's on the same side of the lake. Small ramp, just park on the side of the road. When we did our morning runs we had the lake to ourselves, maybe a couple of boats fishing, not a wake on the lake! Let me know if you want to meet up there sometime next year, or you're always welcome to come to our house at Bow Lake, only another 15 minutes from Northwood. There we just launch in the back yard, but it's a rocky lake (which one in NH isn't?) so anyone with an inboard should have a guide the 1st time out. Part of my quest for a ski boat is so I can go there, or on the Merrimack River, after work some days, I know Greg would be up for it and we can find a few more guys locally.

I wish I could have spent more time at the reunion as well, but really was just happy to make it and meet some of you. I'd love to find a way to make it to GL next year, not likely but I'll see when the time comes.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2010 at 3:59pm
I'll definitely have to take you up on that. Bow Lake sounds cool as well. And yeah, anytime you guys want to check out Balch, you're welcome as well.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2010 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Well, I prefer to think of it as East Wakefield NH But yes, it's the same lake. It actually straddles Maine and New Hampshire, which makes it sound bigger than it really is.

Ever been there?

I would definitely like to check out Northwood again. We had fun with the skiing we did do, but I wish we had done more at the re-union.

My job has brought me there a couple times in the past year. I'd never been to West Newfield before. It looks like a nice, clean lake. I consider it East New Hampshire.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 101112
  Share Topic