NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2010 Northeast Reunion - Epsom, NH!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 12>
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 12:51pm
I was hoping for some wiggle room in your response, but there's none! And we were all looking forward to seeing that BFN. Next year!
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 12:53pm
Ok guys no picking on Tim for not making both reunions this project on the 79 foot has alot more detail to do then a normal wood stringer job. It took my father and myself 7 months to do our 85 ski with the same coosa so that joeny inspired our project. I would have been bringing both the 85 and the 2008 to the reunion but no work coverage that weekend. I am going to talk to a few to try and have a day get together on lake zoar or lillinoah sometime in September if we can plan who can't make this reunion.
I have been up in lake George all this week and been out every morning by 6am skiing and footing on the glassy waters.
Ttyl
Phil
I
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 1:20pm
Ha, no wiggle room Bruce- that weekend is 100% out for me.

Phil, like I said, it wasnt the BFN project that's keeping me from the reunions- just too much else going on for GL (primarily work) and I have a schedule conflict for NE. I saw that I missed your call over the weekend... shoot me an email if it was something important! Spending a day on Zoar/Lillinoah in Sept is definitely a possibility.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Do you guys ever go to Big Daddy's or the Poor Peoples Pub?

Haven't been to Poor Peoples' for a few years. My BIL goes there every few weeks for a burger. I was at Big Daddy's two weeks ago watching a friend's band play. That place is less than 5 minutes from our camp.

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Kostis can't possibly miss it with it being in his back yard.

One never knows what that kid is up to. I've seen him around alittle more the last few weeks on the water.I'm working on him to get over there.

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Ive known that NE wasnt in the cards for me as soon as the announcement was made- I already had plans on the weekend of 8/21.    

Tying the knot that weekend Timmy ??   
    Sounds like you're going thru an extreme life makeover down there. Won't be the same w/o you & the fam around this year.

Originally posted by lfskizzer lfskizzer wrote:

I would have been bringing both the 85 and the 2008 to the reunion but no work coverage that weekend.

I can arrange for a bomb scare* at work that weekend Phil if that helps

Mike

* disclaimer, if that actually happens, it wasn't me. I'm joking.... obviously

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 3:18pm
Ha, no Mike... bachelor party (not mine).
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 5:15pm
Tim can't make it, But since it is for a bachelor party Melissa should still be free to attend.. does she want me to pick her up on the way through or is she planning to pull up a boat?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 5:44pm
Ha, I dont doubt for a second she'd take you up on that, Joe. Pretty sure she picked up work hours that weekend, but Ill run it by her. She is checked out on the towing, but Im not sure her car is rated enough to pull the BFN.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2010 at 10:36am

She is checked out on the towing, but Im not sure her car is rated enough to pull the BFN.

That little Suzuki, definitely not rated to tow the BFN, BUT should handle that little Skier okay

Tim, we're gonna miss you this year bud.

-Brad
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2010 at 10:52am
Is HW planning on coming this year?
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2010 at 11:41am
Bruce- will you be bringing the Classic, Mustang or both?

Phil- sorry you can't make it this year either. Maybe we can hook up the following weekend somewhere? Good luck with the new garage project- that thing is gonna be sweet!

Keith- We'll bring all sorts of ski gear for whatever craziness ensues.I'd love to be a part of the pyramid- possibly a base if we have another 6+ footer to match up..but that would put the top guy about 6 feet off the water- whoooaaa.

This is shaping up to be a great reunion fellas. Can't wait!

btw- I'm holding off on making a camp site reservation. Anyone else making reservations yet?
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2010 at 11:51am
Brad- I'm 6'2 and could be a base as well for a nice tall pyramid.

Also I was wondering the same thing about camp site registrations.is there a plan to register in a certain area or?
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2010 at 12:34pm

Ha, I dont doubt for a second she'd take you up on that, Joe. Pretty sure she picked up work hours that weekend, but Ill run it by her. She is checked out on the towing, but Im not sure her car is rated enough to pull the BFN.

Tim,
Someone may have already asked, but what about your mom and dad coming up? They're way cooler than you are anyway .

Laurie, Boaty, Skipper and myself are gonna make the trip, and I'm crossing my fingers and seeing if i can convince any others to take the plunge.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2010 at 12:35pm
Sorry Tim can't make it but that does open up the chances for the rest of us to win something!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2010 at 12:38pm
Ha, thanks Reid. I owe you a phone call, by the way- Ill try and catch you this afternoon. I cant speak for mom and dad- they may consider making the trip, but I dont know what their plans are.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2010 at 12:58pm
I cannot make it, I have some Godfathering to do that weekend.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2010 at 1:38pm
Looks like a lot of the fun people won't be here. The rest of us will need to step it up so your all sorry you missed it.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2010 at 4:17pm
Brad, we are bringing the Mustang. It'll be all complete including the wet sanding. We are waiting to hear where people are staying before we make a reservation. Maybe that topic can get going?

Tim, you could change your plans. One of my guys had long range plans to go to some country fest at Gillete that weekend and bailed. He said his friends know boats come first. Tim, only kidding. I know it's a bachelor party and you no doubt are a key player. You will be missed.

FFtwentythree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FFtwentythree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2010 at 6:43pm
In the middle of re-upholstery,carpet ,engine detail and carb rebuild in my old Mustang,I figured I better re-register it and discovered that the live free or die state NOW reguires a safety boater class for any power boat over 20 HP.Just got off the phone with the US power Squadron For a renewal of the certificate I got back in the day!! WHEW!!
Consider this a Heads up for any other out of staters that didn't know about This requirement....still thinking of bringing the camper as I have yet to find a cottage rental on the lake.and would love to be on the pyrimid team top 5'10 180lbs,I do awesome wipeouts HEHE with no fear
1966 Correct Craft Mustang
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2010 at 7:18pm
They don't enforce any of that stuff on Correct Craft owners if you don;t talk about it...
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2010 at 7:28pm
While we are on that subject.... Will NH honor MA tags or do we need to get a NH registration like with snowmobiles?
WAKE-up View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WAKE-up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2010 at 7:47pm
valid other states reg for up to 30 consecutive days
per pg 24 NH boaters guide
bigger ? does max 2 skiers apply to pyramid building exercise
so long as it works guessing you'd get applause rather than ticket
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2010 at 7:56pm
I wouldn't read that book or worry about any of that stuff. We're getting a pass for the weekend.
gcarbone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcarbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2010 at 8:22pm
now you're talking Bruce! We'll be fine.

I still need to register but I am in and looking forward to meeting everyone. This is a nice little lake guys, should give some great water. How do I get in on the Pyramid!?
Greg
96 SN
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2010 at 8:42pm
It's going to be a great time. People ought to start signing up and talk about where they want to stay.
FUN-9C1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FUN-9C1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2010 at 1:59am
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Oh yeah, I've heard of Mousam. It looks like it's fairly close to me.
Do you guys ever go to Big Daddy's or the Poor Peoples Pub? The PPP is one of my favorite places of all time.

When we lived in our previous house in N. Berwick I used to take my boat to Mousam to bomb around because it was the closest lake. Mousam's a popular one. Nice things about Mousam are the mom and pop convenience store on the water with gas pumps, and the beach, usually with "scenery". :) Used to be the "hot dog lady" on the beach every day, selling hot dogs in her bikini, but I think some fat female town board members who are uncomfortable with their own bodies put a stop to that. Can't have attractive women walking around in bikinis, now, can we?

To me PPP is only good for pizza or sub take-out. Entrees suck and the service is probably the worst I've ever experienced. After eating there 5 or 10 times I decided it's not worth it. The last time I "dined" in, after waiting forever for our waitress so I could ask for another drink for my daughter so she could choke down her cardboard nuggets, I see our waitress sitting at one of the tables with her buddies drinking beer. No more service for us, I guess. It was one of the only times in my life I left no tip whatsoever. They're lucky I paid for the sorry excuse of a meal. But their pizza and subs are excellent.

The food and service at Big Daddys didn't do much for me either (except that the waitresses were mostly pretty hot), but I haven't been there in a few years, maybe it's better now. They do have a nice bar with pool tables, I'll give 'em that!

I haven't registered yet because right after I said "woohoo- I'm there", I found out I may not be able to make it. :( Is there a deadline? Looks like a blast!
'86 2001
'50 Century Imperial Sportsman
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2010 at 10:12pm
Hey Guys,
I'm working on getting permits for a slalom course and 'show skiing'.

I'm also working on 14-day temp boat safe certificates for those who don't have them.

We're go for Epsom Valley Campground (603-736-9758). Tell them you're with CorrectCraftFan and you'd like to stay with the group in the Safari Area.

- Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2010 at 2:26am
Slalom Course

That should be fun. My brother and I have been kinda competing, but it's all been very subjective so far. This should be a fun opportunity.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2010 at 8:43pm
Event Update:
We are applying for a slalom course permit and should have one for the reunion.

There is no speed limit on Northwood Lake (so no issue with the fastest boat competition)

Marine patrol goes out on the lake once a day and uses the private launch at MacCallum's Boathouse so we'll be well aware when they are on the water.

The NH state law does require a Safe Boater Education Certificate. For those who do not have one of these certificates and you are interested in getting one, take the Florida Boating Exam. The exam is completely online, the cost is $29.95 and you only pay if you pass. You get an instant printable certificate and then a card will be sent to you in the mail.

This Florida Boating Exam is NASBLA certified and accepted in NH (along with 48 other states) and may provide you with discounts on your boat insurance.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 3:06am
Hey Guys,
Here is a markup of the special 2011 Ski Nautique 200 MacCallum's Boathouse ordered for the Northeast Reunion. The 2011 colors are not yet available through Nautique.com's 'Built It' function but this is a close representation.

It will be Victory Red, Silver Metal Flake and a Silver Cloud hull:

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 9:26am
Keith, I'm looking forward to skiing behind that boat!

I took and passed the FLA exam. It's a about a half hour exam that most experienced boaters ought to be able to answer most of the questions. You need to get 80% of the 60 questions correct. The questions that were tough for me pertain to FLA law or questions about boating in the ocean. If anyone is worried about not having a boating certificate, it's a convenient way to get one. It takes 2-3 weeks to receive the actual card, so don't wait too long to take the exam if you want one.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 12>
  Share Topic