NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2010 Northeast Reunion - Epsom, NH!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 12>
Author
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 10:32am
WHAT??!! It's not orange?! I'm unregistering.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

... I took and passed the FLA exam. It's a about a half hour exam that most experienced boaters ought to be able to answer most of the questions. You need to get 80% of the 60 questions correct. The questions that were tough for me pertain to FLA law or questions about boating in the ocean....

Hey Bruce,
Thanks for the insight. Same for me on the FL laws. I took a look at the Course Table of Contents for those laws specific to FL that I did not know.

Once you pay, you can print a temporary certificate immediately.

-Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 11:47am
Hey Guys,
Mr. Ralph Meloon Sr. has asked me for some discussion points. If there is anything you guys would like to know, now is the time to ask. I will be sending him some suggestions by the end of the week.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 12:35pm
In NH, a person with the certificate just has to be on board, they don't necessarily have to be the driver:

A vessel powered by more than 25 horsepower (other than a “ski craft”) may be operated by:

* A person under 16 years of age only if he or she is accompanied by a person 18 years old or older who has a valid Safe Boater Education Certificate. The accompanying person is responsible for any injury or damage caused during operation of the vessel.

My brother and I both have our certs, and my brother is almost definitely coming too, I just have to peg him down.

If he comes, I'll happily lend him (and his cert) out. Or, he could drive my boat and I could go with someone. My 2nd brother (also with a cert) can't make this one unfortunately.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 1:55pm
Dave & Tom have their certs, too, so that's 3 for our 1 boat. We'll be available, too.   I doubt they'll be pulling every Correct Craft over. I bet our reputation proceeds us and we'll be cut some slack.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Dave & Tom have their certs, too, so that's 3 for our 1 boat. We'll be available, too.   I doubt they'll be pulling every Correct Craft over. I bet our reputation proceeds us and we'll be cut some slack.

OK then. Looks like I've found my driver(s), which is perfect as I'm just not good at tests anymore. And I was thinking that our reputation might remove any potential slack otherwise cut.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 2:06pm
I agree with Bruce. I think with our group using the same marina/ramp as the marine patrol and being sponsored by that marina I feel like they will be kind to us. I have talked to some of the marine patrol guys that come to Suncook lake(about 20 minutes north of epsome) and most of the guys/lady marine patrol officers are pretty laid back. They're out there looking for jet skis and such that are reallllly breaking the rules by doing dumb stuff. I think they will overlook some of the CC "antics"
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

OK then. Looks like I've found my driver(s), which is perfect as I'm just not good at tests anymore. And I was thinking that our reputation might remove any potential slack otherwise cut.

Damn, I guess that leaves Kim and I out if we were to drag our sorry butts up from Atlanta. Being boatless I figured I could borrow the "Crush" for a couple of days (if I can get it away from Keith). Surely Laurie, can pass a silly test.   
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

They're out there looking for jet skis and such that are reallllly breaking the rules by doing dumb stuff. I think they will overlook some of the CC "antics"

I was going to suggest we hire some jet skiers as bait

If there's on thing NH Marine patrol hates, it's people on jet skis.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 2:12pm
The test isn't that hard, but after I failed it the first time I was sufficiently challenged enough so that I didn't get any work done for the next 1.5 hours.

Morffot, come on up, as usual they'll be plenty of rides.

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 2:13pm
Yeah, Foot. You know the Crush will be big enough for the 5 of us, plus two dogs. Just come on up. If I could find another driver, I'd pull another boat up. You guys would be flying up, right, as is Laurie i believe.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 2:19pm
Yeah, Looks like if it all works out then we'd fly into Boston and drive from there. Better chance on getting a ride to Boston then Manchester.The kids start school here next Mon so Kim said we'd pull Kaitlin outta school and make the trip. We've never seen the NE states but have been wanting too for quite a while. Kinda depends on whether or not my girls stay with their Mom that weekend as it is normally our weekend to have them.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 2:22pm
I agree with everyone's comments. Marine Patrol isn't out to get anyone who's following the rules.

Northwood Lake is the heart of NH's Lake Region and it is surrounded by a lot of bigger, more crowded lakes. Because of that, Northwood Lake doesn't get much attention. The Marine Patrol is on the lake once a day and we'll know when they are there.

My wife and I stopped by Northwood Lake the weekend before the Midwest Reunion. It was a hot Saturday afternoon and there was only one boat on the entire lake.

We're going to be fine.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 2:24pm
Let's get the discussion going about where people plan to stay. I know Keith suggested the campground. And that's my vote for where I'd prefer to stay. I feel it's closer to the event than a hotel in Concord and it's less distance to travel after some preferred event beverage...PBR.

On the note of the campground, I am flying solo for the reunion. If anyone wants to share a campsite let me know. No real reason why I need a whole site for my one pop up tent.
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Yeah, Looks like if it all works out then we'd fly into Boston and drive from there. Better chance on getting a ride to Boston then Manchester.The kids start school here next Mon so Kim said we'd pull Kaitlin outta school and make the trip. We've never seen the NE states but have been wanting too for quite a while. Kinda depends on whether or not my girls stay with their Mom that weekend as it is normally our weekend to have them.

Tim,
That's fantastic! Looking forward to showing you 'my neck of the woods'.

I do understand that there are more flights (especially Delta flights) into Boston and if you've never been before, you might want to see the city.

However, if it worked, Manchester would be easier. The airport in Manchester is a short 30 min. drive to Concord (where the room block is) and just another 15 mins. to the lake. Depending on when you arrive, anyone of us could easily leave the lake to pick you guys up, and have you back to the lake is about an hour an a half.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 2:43pm
We're up for staying in the campground. We're not campers, so the 3 of us will be sleeping in the back of the suburban.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 3:27pm
Is anyone besides me starting to hear banjo music?

Couple big lobstahs and a 12 pack of Moxie and I'm in, but not in the Suburban! Might look into a camper rental.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 4:04pm
On the boat certification, my interpretation or understanding, is that anyone under 26 yrs old has to have the course or a person older that 26 yrs old has to be on board next to the driver. If you are 26 yrs or older, just a valid license here in NC, and that gives you the 90 day rule in another state, that you can legally drive a boat.

I'm gonna ask some ?'s about this.

Marty
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 4:12pm
It's all by state. In Maine, if you're 12 and older, you can drive any boat except for a PWC. You have to be 16 w/cert to drive a PWC or 18 w/o cert.

Marty I opened up those cushons yesterday and they're beautiful. Just like the Nautique one's only different writing.

Reid, we'll have to talk lobstahs.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Is anyone besides me starting to hear banjo music?

Couple big lobstahs and a 12 pack of Moxie and I'm in, but not in the Suburban! Might look into a camper rental.

There is a place right near epsom that sells campers and I think rents them
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 6:23pm
Another Event Update:
Just got word from Peter MacCallum, the Nautique athlete attending the 2010 Northeast Reunion will be Rhoni Barton-Bischoff!

Rhoni will be at MacCallum's for Friday morning slalom (8/19), the Friday night boat show, and Saturday morning slalom (8/20).

This event just keeps getting better and better!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 6:29pm
Met Rhoni at the boat show and she gave Ken some one on one time when he was in FL. She is great and will really add to the weekend
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 6:38pm
We may have to show up Thursday night! Anyone else arriving Thursday?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 6:44pm
I was thinking of leaving Mansfield (work) around noon friday with a 2 to 3:00 arrival. Might have to rethink that.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 8:25pm
I am going to come saturday for the day i will be at sebago all that week , if anyone has a hard time finding a rental camper or a weekend house i can do the drive .30. min to check anything out for them
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2010 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Another Event Update:
Just got word from Peter MacCallum, the Nautique athlete attending the 2010 Northeast Reunion will be Rhoni Barton-Bischoff!

Rhoni will be at MacCallum's for Friday morning slalom (8/19), the Friday night boat show, and Saturday morning slalom (8/20).

This event just keeps getting better and better!

-Keith

I hope she happens to be a cougar....
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2010 at 1:02pm
   Just found out my BIL scheduled our yearly camping trip the same weekend. He refused to reschedule so I opted out. Wife and kids are still going, so that leaves me solo for the reunion. If anyone is thinking of coming up w/o a boat I will have plenty of room in the 210.
   Ken, I have a place for you to sleep Fri night if your still looking as long as you don't mind a 30-40 minute ride each way. Not sure where I'm staying Sat. night.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2010 at 3:06pm
Mike,
Nice to you see you have your priorities straight. Glad you're still able to make it.

So, I guess that means you might have room for a few of the Midwest clowns (in the garage of course).

Can you bring a surfboard? Definitely want to give that a try that weekend.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2010 at 3:10pm
   Yep, room for the goons too. Don't see any signed up though.......

I will have the surfboard for sure.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2010 at 3:12pm
Surfing? I'd love to try surfing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 12>
  Share Topic