NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BilgeKote Everything?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BilgeKote Everything?
    Posted: June-23-2010 at 3:20pm
I ended up with a gallon of BilgeKote for $30. Is there any reason not to use it all and paint the entire interior? I know it is not necessary but what else am I going to do with it? Ready to paint the bilge this afternoon regardless.

A huge thanks to CCF and all the guys that make it such a powerful resource. I could not have done this without this amazing community.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2010 at 3:57pm
Dont bother. Carpet glue may or may not stick to it as well as bare fiberglass- why create more work for yourself? You'll need apply at least 2 coats to the bilge, so do that and save the rest... or offer it up to someone here, or throw it out. Its actually some really good paint to have around though- Ive found a few uses for it.
Bremsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bremsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2010 at 4:33pm
If you plan to toss the extra out I'd take it off your hands .   Not sure how far you are from me, but it might be worth the drive. My project starts this winter.
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 3:56am
I was told a quart would do 2 coats but I don't think that would have been enough. I have used a lot more than I thought on the first coat.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic