Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

supersport speaker installation

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
helix139 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helix139 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: supersport speaker installation
    Posted: June-26-2010 at 7:04pm
I've just replaced the uphoulstry on my '95 nautique and am confused as to how to replace the old speakers. I bought some infinity 6.5 but they must be mounted flush and the speaker won't mount that way without a spacer. My friend has mounted his on top of the uphoulstry like newer boats, but AI kinda like the original mount. Any ideas on how to replace the speakers and keep the original look?
thanks!
rob
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2010 at 2:46pm
Longer screws to reach the gunnels? My Polks came with 3 different mounting plates, but of course I didn't need any of them. Take some PICS, but it seems like they should go right over the fabric and screw to the gunnels. Mine was a 93 SN.

RandyinOhio has a 93 Sport.

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2010 at 4:03pm
Hey Helix,

Welcome to the site. I'm sure someone will be along who has a similar experience and an answer. However, I'd also suggest that you check planetnautique.com, and wakeworld.com. There are a lot more members on those sites who own Supersports, and a ton of stereo threads.

I have a similar boat, but have never touched the stock speakers.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

LAKESIDE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LAKESIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2010 at 10:59pm
Rob, the spacers should be under the new upholstery. The factory installs spacers that are about 1" and a half thick. Did you have speakers before? Did you have any wood replaced? Where are you trying to install them?
93 Ski Nautique   SUCK MY WAKE
helix139 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helix139 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2010 at 6:31am
The spacers are still inside the uphoulstry. I just don't want to wrinkle the uphoulstry skin when I tighten the screws. Everything is original in the uphoulstry and I would like to keep it that way.
LAKESIDE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LAKESIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2010 at 10:34am
The spacers will keep it from wrinkling.
93 Ski Nautique   SUCK MY WAKE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic