NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bears at Green Lake?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bears at Green Lake?
    Posted: July-13-2010 at 1:31am

My wife is worried about the posibility of a bear attack while at GL. She has been told that ther are bear up there... Will someone please tell her that she doesn't have to worry about bears.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 1:41am
That's just Reid with his shirt off. BKH
Livin' the Dream

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 1:46am
The only bear she need to worry about is the one that has a shiny badge and a gun, named Barney. But Reid should keep him occupied for us.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 1:47am
^^^BKH - hahaha!

Seriously?! This isn't Alaska.

There are some small, extremely timid black bears way up north Wisconsin, hundreds of miles north. Nothing around central Wisconsin.

Keep her phobias realistic...worry about Quinner after last call.
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 2:08am
Also, my neighbors don't call me Sergeant at arms for nothing. I'll be in campsite 9, and I never leave home without at least one of my little friends near by.
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 2:15am
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Keep her phobias realistic...worry about Quinner after last call.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
800wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 2:19am
There is some reason to be afraid of the Bears certain years during the fall season. For more info talk to a Packer fan....

Sorry, I lived in Chicago for 28 yrs. before moving here 5 yrs ago.
800wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 2:24am
But tell your wife my extraordinarily paranoid wife who has lived in Ripon for 20 yrs. has no thoughts or fears of bears.

Chicagoans are another story....
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 3:44am
The lions and tigers keep them under control.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 4:34am
I have to tell you that bears ARE a reality in south eastern WI. There have been several recently roaming around in places that have not seen bears in in ages.

Here are 2 stories, one in the county that borders Green lake Cty.

http://www.wisn.com/news/23981345/detail.html

http://www.cbs58.com/index.php?aid=12539

Also, Black bears were seen recently in northern Ozaukee Cty, only a few miles north of my house, and one was tranquilized from a tree in Port Washington a few weeks ago as well. The one from Port was taken up north.

Realistically, there isn't much chance of bear issues, but it is something you need to be aware of.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 5:06am
Damn Tom! Now I'm thinking of cancelling my flight...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 6:43am
Randy.

Just checked it out on bears

Two main types brown and grizzly, you should always carrie pepper spray and ware bright colours that keeps them away,

Easy to tell which is which by looking out for there poo, grizzly smells of pepper spray and has bright colours in it.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by uk1979 uk1979 wrote:

Easy to tell which is which by looking out for there poo, grizzly smells of pepper spray and has bright colours in it.

Roger it will great to meet you,I think we're in for a fun weekend!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 4:41pm
Yeah, no grizzlys here, just black bears.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 5:22pm
In case of bear sightings, just run faster than Quinner
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 5:25pm
Bears-shmears.. They usually stay away from loud, obnoxious, drunk campers, plus there's no way Quinner has enough food in the camper to attract them... Hahhaha...

Bring it on Smokey !!! haha
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 2:03pm
Great time at GL this year and NO bear sightings! Seriously though, there really is a pretty good bear population growing in the GL area. We have property about 15 miles to the west of GL (Princeton area), and also about 20 miles to the NW (Wautoma area). Bear sign is rampant, we have lots of picture from the game cams too. As MOJ says, though they stay away from loud obnoxious drunk people, HA! The likelihood of them journeying into the campgrounds at GL is very slim, must to populated, in the summer months there is way easier food sources that are far enough from populated areas that they don't have to be bothered with people. Good to be aware though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic