NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need the do-hickey thingy

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need the do-hickey thingy
    Posted: July-26-2010 at 12:29pm
I need the do-hickey thingy clamp that holds the throttle cable to the arm thingy before connecting to the carb. Some how during my renovation/engine build it got miss-placed.
I could also use the O-ring for the old style strainer basket.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2010 at 3:03pm
Throttle linkage???

BKH
Livin' the Dream

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2010 at 3:53pm
THIS ????

Another THIS ??

And ya'll thought I couldn't understand Yankee Talk!!
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 1:42am
No the other thingy, the clamp thing that clamps in the groove of the cable like the one on the tranny cable.
And I think that O-ring fits the newer strainers like pictured above it on that site.
Thanks for trying though much appreciated
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 3:15am
You need the part in this kit that has clamps the cable to the bracket, right?

Second part from the top left, I assume. I don't know if you can buy that separately, but maybe a part from a linkage from a car will work?
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 9:39am
Any hydrolic shop well have the o ring take your strainer down to the shop and they will match it up.I took some o rings down to get matched up. It took the guy 2 min. I asked what i owed him, he told me to come back when I needed something !
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 11:43am
Tom,
Yes that’s the thingy I need. I figured they didn't sell them separately that’s why I was hoping someone had one from a junk motor or something.

I found an O-ring that fit Thanks,Dog
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 7:49pm
Paul,
I too would hate to buy the complete kit just for something that's very similar to a two hole pipe strap. I'd be cruising around a well equipped hardware store. I know the normal two hole pipe straps don't go that small but the Vibration dampening ones with the nylon inserts do. They go down to 1/4" OD tube size. If you can't find anything that may work, start bending and drilling. Instead of the dimple in the middle that fits into the annular grove in the cable barrel, I'd drill and tap for a small 6-32 set screw.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2010 at 1:21am
Thanks Pete,
I already cut a washer in half and welded it to the flat side of a U-clamp then bent the ends into tabs to replicate a pipe strap. Worked great, just wanted to put the piece that belongs there back on.
You know that keep it original thing.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2010 at 6:27pm
I can't believe it, nobody has an extra Do-hickey-thingy!!!!!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2010 at 4:19pm
Southern slang for do-hickey thingy

clamp # 1

clamp # 2

clamp # 3

Are these what you want?

Did I Do Good Pete?
66 Skylark
93 SN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2010 at 9:04pm
66 Skylark
93 SN
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2010 at 10:40pm
You are the "master"!!!! BTW, do you ever get a chance to sell anything at the store?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2010 at 1:54am
Thanks Marty,
You be da man!!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2010 at 3:30am
Paul... in our neck of the woods, this is what is called a   do-hickey thingamabob

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2010 at 11:05am
Well there you go, I was asking for the wrong thingy.

Thanks all
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2010 at 11:20am
go2marinethingy

But I like Steve's(62wood) prices better
66 Skylark
93 SN
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2010 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

go2marinethingy

But I like Steve's(62wood) prices better

I ordered two of them . I think shipping was only a buck or so for them both!   
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic