NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

jbear again

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: jbear again
    Posted: July-27-2010 at 9:51pm
Any news? His internet access must certainly be up and running by now. That "old folks" community he lives in would be absolutely lost without it. You know they have to keep up with sending/forwarding all those bad jokes around the world!! My MIL drives my wife up a wall with it. She doesn't even bother opening up her emails. the "delete" icon works real well!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2010 at 11:25am
Pete,

I went to Tim Morfoot's post about meeting Jbear & that was on the 9th. He said he will be in TN & no internet for at least 3 weeks maybe longer. Maybe by the weekend?
Greg

86 BFN
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2010 at 11:35am
Skicat, didn't know you were still around. You've been keeping a low-pro round here lately

Pete, Sounds like I need to call up a bear!

*Edit* I did mention to him a while back about hanging round a day on his way back thru so we go skiing but said he would pass as he needed to hurry back.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2010 at 11:51am
I talked to him last week. No internet, and limited phone service where they are. They expect to be back in FL by the 31st

Rob
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2010 at 2:43pm
Just got a call from the Jbear as he and Patty where passing by McDonough, Ga on their way back to Fla. He wanted me to let you all know that they okay but are minus a shaft and new 540 prop. John told me that it sheared of just aft of the strut in 130'ft of water as they were just crusing along so he has been skiboatless on his last week of Vac. He'll be back ASAP when his computer is up and running.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2010 at 3:35pm
Time to call in Jbear jr. !!!! Leave it to John to hit something in 130 feet of water.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2010 at 3:59pm
Said he didn't hit anything. He knows the lake and stays away from any known trouble. The motor vibrtaed funny for a couple of seconds then that was it. Jr was there and John called the Dr. for a new shaft but it didn't their in time so Billy was gonna track it down and send it to Fla. Guess what Eddie gets to do.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2010 at 4:52pm
I hope they knocked off a 1/2 on that shaft and it's 49.5" and not 50".

with it being broke where it was I suspect a dinged prop and a slight vibration for quite sometime causing the failure, kind of the opposite of a misalignment where it breaks at the other end close to the coupling. But they'll have to check Pete's video for the proper alignment procedure
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2010 at 2:58am
Hey guys...I am back home. Got here on the 30th..cleaned up the prop-less '80 and returned it to Eddie's and went into work camp on the 1st of August. There for a week. Back home since friday but still fighting computer problems. Had the computer guy over for Sunday afternoon. Said it was fixed but had to spend an hour on the phone with him tonight. Hate these things. Stories and pics to come later..if I ain't lost'em all on this machine.
Got my new "dual taper" shaft (whatever that means) in the mail last friday but me and the '80 are waiting in line..Eddie has finally got his motor back from the speed shop. Thanks for the heads-up Chris..I will measure it in the morning. The prop was clean and there just is not anything to hit at the lake. Had to cut the shaft to get it outa the boat. What a job. Saved the shaft so I'll have Eddie look it over and post his thoughts. Can't believe it snapped! Bummed that I lost the 540. Loved that prop. New one ain't in the budget.
More later..great to be back..missed all you guys.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2010 at 4:10am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Back home since friday but still fighting computer problems. Had the computer guy over for Sunday afternoon. Said it was fixed but had to spend an hour on the phone with him tonight. Hate these things.
john

I keep telling him he needs a newer computer!!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2010 at 7:52am
Hahaha, that's a good one Adam!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2010 at 1:13pm
Jbear,
I feel your pain. I had the shaft on my 82 break in the exact same place several years ago. I think it must have had a slight bend or vibration. Its a funny feeling reaching under the boat and not feeling a prop or shaft! I went ahead and put in a dripless packing.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2010 at 12:56am
LOL Adam..

Well the computer seems to be under control at least for the present time so I thought I'd show a few things we did on vacation...

roofing

hanging with the WSWSC crew;
I am standing next to my buddy Ralph, 70 years old and still does double runs! My brother Bill (the lurker) is next to him, next to Bill is 93/70CC Dan, then Don Z. In front, Gene, father of Dan and the guy on the far left Scott (teen angel) and grandfather of the guy next to Scott, David, who is 93/70's son.

view from the deck the crew is standing on

the lovely mrs jbear with new geart-grandson Conner

me and Conner reading...ski mags

Christmas in July with the ski club

5 generations at the lake

"World Famous" Barefoot Cove

do you have to get your hair wet to ski?

3 man..Bill, Scott and me. Yes I am the guy hanging way out so I can wave at the spectators

early morning run right down the middle of the lake..nice water

all in all..an awesome time with family and friends. Didn't even bother me that the shaft broke on the '80...well I was kinda upset to lose the Acme.

john

"Loud pipes save lives"

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2010 at 1:16am
Well with the exception of the roofing project,your vacation looked like fun.You have a spare prop to use?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2010 at 1:25am
Madd Mark has my OJ Legend on loan, I have another OJ 13x13 that needs redone and have a Federal 13x14.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2010 at 2:40am
Have you seen Mark? Hows he doing?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2010 at 3:43am
have not seen him since June. Talked to him tho...he's back to work. Living at his Dad's in Auburndale so he is closer. He seems to feel better and is slowly getting back to his old self.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2010 at 4:45am
Thanks guys, I feel much better, and I now have a computer, john I will get your prop back to you real soon, thanks for letting me use it!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2010 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Well with the exception of the roofing project,your vacation looked like fun.

Gary,
When I first saw that picture, I thought JB was about the climb up to that overhead and tone out some pairs in a attempt to get his dial up working again!!!   

Then of course, looking closer I did notice it was a roofing project!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2010 at 2:30pm
I thought he was supervising a wire run too Pete!

Great pics jbear! The lake looks beautiful. I need to plan a trip back there next year, that water is amazing. Good to see you are back up and running with the PC!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 12:24am
Good to hear that Mark,glad your back.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 12:25am
That roofing job looks like an Edison or a Bell job-- one guy working,3 watching
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 2:55am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

That roofing job looks like an Edison or a Bell job-- one guy working,3 watching

Hey..I gotta go with what I know!

If ya got a computer now MM you gotta be on here more. Talking with AdamT about getting together again..maybe Labor Day..you in?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 11:38pm
Now I just need to get the internet hooked up, its hard when you live in the sticks (lol) that should be some time this week, I hope!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2010 at 4:16pm
nice glassy water..need to go there eventually...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2010 at 12:44am
John, sorry to hear about your prop and shaft. At least she still floats
Great pics from the vacation. That picture of Mrs JBear and the great-grandson is a classic. Her smile says it all.
Looks like a great group, wonderful scenery and great water!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2010 at 12:17pm
I was really worried about the Brunstucky gene pool being passed down
"the things you own will start to own you"
gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2010 at 10:21pm
John,
   Great pics!! I haven't seen some of those guys for 20+ years!!

Sorry to hear about getting the shaft... err, losing the shaft. That must have SUCKED!!!

Too bad our paths didn't cross this year. We didn't venture to the "south side" this year.

We had a great time, and enjoyed seeing everyone on our end of the lake. As you know, the weather & water was INCREDIBLE this year!! Couldn't have been better, other than being there longer, but work seems to get in the way!!

Maybe we'll hook up next year....

Glen
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2010 at 12:00am
LOL eric...actually me and Mom are from Strongsville. Son Dennis and grandaughter Amber live in Tennessee. And the little guy too.

Glen: Was very cool to see the whole crew from your side of the lake. Always fun to see both Mr. Vish and Mr. Fouts. And of course Billy and Matt, 2 guys that are like my sons. To see them with their families and bots (both mc!) enjoying what we showed them as kids, well that is pretty cool. Missed seeing you of course and that beautiful ride of yours. I know what you mean..Patti and I were there for 3 full weeks and it just flew by. Yeah..getting the shaft..err losing the shaft was bad but we were having such a great time it didn't even matter.
Remember us to all the Norris'. We will catch ya next year...and on here too!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2010 at 12:11am
John,
I'm sure I have a straight federal 13 x 13 here for a spare if you need it.
Send me an address and it'll be on its way.

Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic