Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tower Part 3

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tower Part 3
    Posted: June-15-2005 at 2:18am
Alright, last thread I promise. I got it mounted to the boat, worked a little bit on polish it as you can see in the second picture on the bottom tubing.

Here is what I am thinking...
1. Polish tower, blue stripe
2. Blue tower, blue stripe
3. Black tower, blue stripe

What do you think, hope to paint this weekend.

Tower is super stiff on boat, I used some big backing plates, and some rubber on the deck between the base of the tower. It seems a really solid mount.

My dad talked me into using a 1.75 hitch for the tow point. It probably wont last long with me, but it actually looks pretty good, and holds the rope tight.

Jason

raygunclan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raygunclan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2005 at 3:39pm
if you do a blue boat, do it a dark midnight! that would look awesome! if you do the boat dark midnight blue, keep on polishing the tower.
if you do the tower black, paint the boat black. i think that the boat combo of taupe and white interior would look awesome with black boat and tower.
i think that the tower would look best black because the windshield is black. i like black tower, black boat.
and the shadow of your dog is hilarious! you should make a t-shirt, or a flag for the back of your boat with that shadow!!!
good luck and i can't wait to see the pictures!
and i know somebody who can't wait to hear wayne newton blasting out of your speakers!!!
(sorry, but that first thread was so funny!)
who needs a mortgage when you have a boat!?!?
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2005 at 9:56pm
Jason,
I've got a trailer hitch on the top of my homemade tower, and it works fine. I just wish my tower was as sweet as yours!

Dave
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2005 at 12:26am
sweet lookin job. Instead of Wayne Newton I vote for some Bluegrass. Now thats music!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2005 at 3:27pm
Jason,

Site technical question: How do you post photos to the forum? What format do the photos have to be in?

BTW: Nice tower.

82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2005 at 3:47pm
Jason-

Great work on the tower. You should post it on Monster Tower's 'do it yourself' tower page.

Another tip for your restore project, I painted the faded black vent covers on the bow and stern with some spray paint made to adhere to plastic...turned out great,looks brand new.

Also..looks like you painted and carpeted your trailer (that's still on my list)

Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2005 at 4:21pm
75tique, I host them on my website, then I just add the link.

82tique , That is a good idea, my vent covers are faded. Where did you pick up the paint? Any prep work on it? Nice interior by the way.
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2005 at 4:50pm
I got it at Lowe's or Home Depot..can't remember which one. But the stuff is made to repaint plastic outdoor furniture, so I think it will last for a while. Only prep I did was to remove and hose them down. Can cost less than 5 bucks.
raygunclan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raygunclan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2005 at 3:11am
well jason! where are the finished product pics! what color did you paint it? you did such a great job with the rest of the restoration, i'm dyin' to see the result!
who needs a mortgage when you have a boat!?!?
surroundsound64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundsound64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2005 at 3:44am
Man that looks good. Nice job! Wanna make one for me!?
1981 Ski Nautique
2000 SAN

Looking for a 2000-2006 SAN
80nauts View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80nauts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2005 at 5:14am
where is monsters DIY page?
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2005 at 1:08pm
80nauts-

diyTower.com = monster's diy site

Good luck....
backcrkr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backcrkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2005 at 1:17pm
good job man! heres my home job. It disconnects without tools. Its light gray primer now but I'm going with the dark gray to match the stripe.. I think the polished and the blue stripe will look great, and throw in some chrome pinstripes on the blue stripe!
Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2005 at 7:00pm
Been using the boat and have it stored on my lift in table rock until probably end of August. Then I will take back to paint the stripe and finish her up.

She has been running so good, and I have had lots of friends and family down on the weekends, so I hate to have any downtime.

I will post pics when I finish her up.
thanks
Jason
80nauts View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80nauts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2005 at 5:48am
Jason,

How did you mount your tower feet. Is the pipe just welded on or is there any other form of support. I am about to make a tower and I was hoping that I could just weld the tube onto a aluminum foot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic