NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

82 - 2001 Ballast Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2010 at 6:51pm
Perfect! Thanks for the help guys!

I ordered the 2 400s and the Tsunami pump. I have wanted to put an external plug on my observer seat to make it easier to hook up my trickle charger so maybe I will install that now and just wire the pump to the plug I install and will have a quick connection for it.

Thanks again for the help!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2010 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by MI-nick MI-nick wrote:

you can put alligator clips on the pump and just connect to your battery directly.
800lbs in a 2001 = nice wake.

that how I connect mine...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2010 at 3:00pm
you can put alligator clips on the pump and just connect to your battery directly.
800lbs in a 2001 = nice wake.
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2010 at 2:34pm
only problem with cigarette sockets is that they are usually china made and after some uses they won´t hold and you get pissed off..as someone needs to hold it in place to get a good conection..try to get a good quality set....
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2010 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by akabulla akabulla wrote:

Ok, good points. Yes I am not going to plumb them in so I think the single pump will work. I will need to install a few cigarette sockets because when I did my rebuild I didn't install any but that should take me only a few minutes.

Reading the reviews it seems like they will hold up outside of the locker. It says they are made of some pretty thick material. I am looking on ebay now to see if I can find some at a decent deal.

Joe when I built my floor I used 4lb foam and three layers of matt. I would think that should hold up to the weight of these no problems right?

You will only need one electrical. My boat is larger than yours, and cord reaches no problems regardless of where I am placing the ballast.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2010 at 2:23am
Cool! Thanks, that is what I thought. Just like to be safe! The floor is now on it's second season and has been holding up great so I don't think I will have any problems.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2010 at 2:20am
If you can stand on the floor then the fat sack aint gonna be an issue a 200 lb guy on size 11 feet is putting many times more psi on the floor than that 400 lb sack
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2010 at 2:11am
Ok, good points. Yes I am not going to plumb them in so I think the single pump will work. I will need to install a few cigarette sockets because when I did my rebuild I didn't install any but that should take me only a few minutes.

Reading the reviews it seems like they will hold up outside of the locker. It says they are made of some pretty thick material. I am looking on ebay now to see if I can find some at a decent deal.

Joe when I built my floor I used 4lb foam and three layers of matt. I would think that should hold up to the weight of these no problems right?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2010 at 2:06am
Those are probably fine, I have done the 440lb covered models on the side of the engine box, and the 350 pound v sacks with the nylon straps around and both work awesome as a pair next to the box with just one or two people in the boat.. with a couple more people I just put one in front of the back seat.. I would expect the 400's will give you plenty of options, but I would want someone else to give you some feedback on if those will hold up out of a locker or not.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2010 at 2:04am
P.S. I assume your not going to plumb in the bags into your 82, so for now, you'll only need 1 pump. I use the Tsunami pump with the quick connect to the bags. Works pretty well. Has a cigarette lighter power cord. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2010 at 2:02am
They will fit beside your motor box.

They may or may not fit in your V-Drive. If you buy a 2002 or newer super air with the built in wedge tanks, they won't fit. However, you can still use them, you just might not be able to fill them up all the way. I use the same size bags in my 2001 VDrive for surfing. Rarely use any ballast for wakeboarding because I'm not good, and don't need the ballast. BKH
Livin' the Dream

akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2010 at 1:49am
I need some help picking out what ballast I can put into my 2001.   I have read that in my 2001 if I put one large bag in the back the wake gets very steep which I have seen when people are sitting on the back seat. I also want to get some bags that I can eventually put in a v-drive I plan on buying in the future.

Would it work if I get two of these and put them next to the engine? Would they fit?

V-Drive Sacs

Then I could put both on one side for surfing. I think 800 lbs would be plenty for me for a while. Thoughts?

And what pumps should I buy? Which ones are the best?

Thanks for the help!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic