Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

rubrail insert

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
grdng8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grdng8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rubrail insert
    Posted: August-16-2010 at 4:33pm
I"m looking for gray rub rail for a 91 sport nautique....
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2010 at 6:54pm
Unlikely you will find it. From my experience, they only have black and white available these days... You may be able to salvage yours. I had read of people who had removed their rubrail insert and soaked it in a bath of hot water then inserted it back in with the opposite side out. I was going to try this when I replaced mine but it was too badly torn up. I ended up replacing my blue insert with black and I think it looks better than the original blue. It's the only thing on my boat besides the depth finder that is not original. (Shhh....Don't tell Pete!)

malcolm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcolm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2010 at 3:21pm
My rub rail is quite worn too. If I were to ever replace it, I think a 1/2 rope would be cool. I believe the 70's Correct Crafts used the white rope.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2010 at 4:52pm
1/2" fits kinda loose I believe it is 5/8" I may have the black plastic from my 98 SN if your interested. Mine wrapped all the way around the transom and yours should end down the sides. It was in good condition but I went to the white three strand rope in mine.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2010 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

You may be able to salvage yours. I had read of people who had removed their rubrail insert and soaked it in a bath of hot water then inserted it back in with the opposite side out.[/IMG]

I did this last week, just let the boat sit out in the sun for a few hours and it went back together pretty easy. Looks a bunch better
gcll View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2010 at 2:23pm
I replaced my yellow insert on my 91sn with 1/2 rope, gives it that classic look, and was a reasonably cheap project that paid off big in the look of the boat- or at least i think it did
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2010 at 10:55pm
Has anyone tried using a colored rope? My blue 93 is in good shape, but I lime the look of the rope better and have thought about doing a colored rope as and old update, kinda like the CC shift knob.
ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2010 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by gcll gcll wrote:

I replaced my yellow insert on my 91sn with 1/2 rope, gives it that classic look, and was a reasonably cheap project that paid off big in the look of the boat- or at least i think it did

Hey Chris, do you still happen to have the yellow by chance???
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic