Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

starting in my drive way

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: starting in my drive way
    Posted: August-19-2010 at 6:05pm
Hello,

Newby question. I watched the previous owner hook up a hose to the boat to run water through the cooling system while running it on the trailer. However that was a couple months ago. I just tried it now and it doesn't seem to be working.

Here is a pic of the area. I did turn the large valve all the way clockwise as it was all the way counterclockwise. No water coming out the exhaust.

Any advice appreciated

Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2010 at 6:26pm
Hey Wacko, I have no specific experience, but it appears that there is a Hosebib that you've connected your water too?   the hosebib is a valve just like on your house.... turn the small valve to open it up, and see if that works? it appears that the valve that has the handle on it may be used for a system drain, I'd try closing that for starters to make the water flow through the engine to the exh.   open to allow water out after your done, or when winterizing..

just a guess though...

Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2010 at 6:40pm
That was it. Thanks the small valve is what did it. Appreciate the help.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2010 at 8:29am
Craig,
If you ran the engine without water for any length of time, I suggest you check the rubber impeller in the raw water pump.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
gcll View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2010 at 2:31pm
Not a bad idea to keep a spare impeller in the boat, while out on the lake- i always do, and think i've replaced more than one while out on the water.
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2010 at 12:35am
Craig, remember to open that large valve up when you put her in the lake. Gotta make sure she is sucking water.
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2010 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Craig,
If you ran the engine without water for any length of time, I suggest you check the rubber impeller in the raw water pump.

I second that
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2010 at 12:33am
I'm kind of new to this as well, but that set up scares me a bit. I know the valve near the pick up is there when you are trying to force antifreeze into the engine, but you have 2 items to forget and one or the other could starve the engine of cooling water. Does anyone else have a set up like that? I use the Aqua Flow product. (which could concievably fail as well)
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2010 at 11:42am
TRBenj has a design he posted that is very simple & very cheap for the parts. You could still forget to close the valve on that one too I suppose.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic