Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Warranty Issue with New SN200

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
actman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote actman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warranty Issue with New SN200
    Posted: August-31-2010 at 11:05pm
My new SN200 was delivered this past June and it has had a warranty issue since the day I drove it. It has been back and forth to the dealer and CC has no answer as to how to fix it.
I have bought 7 new ski nautiques from the dealers since 1986. I am a die hard loyal CC customer. Tomorrow CC will decide finally what to do.
I have also posted in detail on another CC forum my issue.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2010 at 11:30pm
hey welcome..
if possible explain more about the issues.engine? electrical?
hope it turns out well for you
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
actman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote actman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2010 at 12:01am
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

hey welcome..
if possible explain more about the issues.engine? electrical?
hope it turns out well for you

I may explain more in detail after tomorrow. Im hoping CC will
resolve this for me. I would rather spend my time worrying about how
well I'm skiing.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2010 at 12:02am
I'll just make it simple for everyone:

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2010 at 1:07am
to this point I would request the 2011 no charge..put a lawyer.
so 3 month and not a clue what the possible cause of the sound?
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2010 at 1:16am
I've been following on PN. Hopefully they treat you right.

I would be livid.

78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2010 at 2:50am
sounds to me like they should get you another 2010 and then take your boat and drive the crap out of it till it breaks .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2010 at 3:05pm
SOOOO what happened? did you get an answer?
SharkSN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SharkSN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2010 at 8:40pm
I had a similar issue with a SeaDoo GTX from hell, same offer, credit for the "demo" i bought and $$ for a new one. If the boat is running and working, and in your hands then there is use and depreciation to the owner's account. I ponied up for the new GTX and it was great.
ski196 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2010 at 1:35pm
Actman
Have you had this issue resolved yet?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2010 at 3:11pm
went to PN to see if there was any update...nothing...
actman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote actman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 1:31am
Yes you will find a post on PN
For now it is still being worked out but it is
very close to being finished. At this point in time
I will need another week before I will fully explain.
As I slid on my new Nautique Sweater this past weekend I was wondering
if it might be the first and last time its worn.
There is a reason why over the years I have bought so many Nautique
shirts, pants, hats and accessories.

Its a "Proud" feeling to be part of a team that makes you want to stand up and say " I OWN A NAUTIQUE"
actman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote actman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 12:02pm
Today I should be getting the cost needed to be paid for a 2011 boat.
With very few changes this coming year its hard for me to put more money out.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 1:19pm
They should take it back and give you a brand new one. These aren't no Moomba's. We take pride in these things, CC should know that.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

They should take it back and give you a brand new one. These aren't no Moomba's. We take pride in these things, CC should know that.

Sorry bud....

You buy a Nautique now, not a Correct Craft.

They quit making Correct Crafts long ago.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 1:22pm
Thanks for the laugh Tim!
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 1:23pm
I'm going to go buy a...ski ray
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 12:19am
I'm shocked at how CC is handling this.

78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
SharkSN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SharkSN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 1:24am
CC's a company, boats are mechanical devices, it probably worked all season long except for a slight noise. it happens. mo the owner is psychotic
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 1:41am
I can not wait to hear what the final outcome and costs to you are. I was not shocked by Jeff on PN's ploy to settle the tone of the forum down. That's what happens when forums get big sponsors.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by SharkSN SharkSN wrote:

CC's a company, boats are mechanical devices, it probably worked all season long except for a slight noise. it happens. mo the owner is psychotic

Did you click the link above to the full story on PN? Considerably different scenario than what you are suggesting.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 2:31pm
He said the noise was happening from day one when he picked the boat up. A 50k plus boat should not make any mechanical noise. The only noise that should be heard is a sweet exhaust note. People buy new cars and complain about wind noise, you have every right to complain when you have a distracting noise coming from your brand new boat.
SharkSN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SharkSN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 4:37pm
I did read the posts complete. The guy is a nut job.

Price has nothing to do with it. The boat is $50K because of the costs & ROI/profit to deliver that product to market.

With drive lines it doesn't take much to produce undesirable noise. Whole engineering groups NVH have been working on it for the past century. So CC says let us bring the boat back to factory and fix it right. They have the tools/equipment & expertise to check everything. Why isn't that acceptable? Read your warranty contract before you buy.

Using the internet as a twisted means of extortion is unacceptable imo.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 4:44pm
Maybe he should buy a sailboat......they are quiet.

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 5:26pm

So CC says let us bring the boat back to factory and fix it right. They have the tools/equipment & expertise to check everything. Why isn't that acceptable?

The season in Canada will be over in a few weeks. If I were him, I would have CC take it back to the factory and try to fix it. Then have them ship it back to Canada. Also, CC would pay all of the freight on this issue and replace any interior items that get dirty in the process. If it can not be fixed at the factory, then a new plan with have to be drawn up. Plan B should be discussed before the boat goes back to Florida.

Typical Warranty Statements allows the Manufacturing company the right to try to fix the problem.

JMO,

Donald
Sephmu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sephmu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 5:58pm
How is it sooooo hard to diagnose a rattle in that boat....even with all the fancy new electronics on board...mechanically, this is still an extremely simple machine.

Something isn't adding up here...

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 6:49pm
Is a noise technically a warranty issue if it does not affect performance?
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 10:05pm
I think it's a bit out of line to call the guy a nut job.

I doubt any of us would have reacted differently had we been in his shoes.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 10:19pm
The whole situation is very confusing it sounds like from both sides. Dealt with several dealers with various issues and have never heard of them not figuring out he problem and or making it right. I wish we could hear this mysterious noise, it is ironic no one can find it. Weither it be CC or Nautiques it blows me away they can't send someone up there if this is a unique situation. I'm leaning towards the dealer as the problem. Somebody somewhere is not telling the whole story.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2010 at 12:53pm

I did read the posts complete. The guy is a nut job.

Maybe you're right. He should probably put on a set of earmuffs and get on with it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic