NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chattahoochee Run 2010?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chattahoochee Run 2010?
    Posted: September-08-2010 at 9:38am
Who wants to head up the planning committee?     

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2010 at 2:10pm
I wouldn't know where to start on a planning committee, but I would like to attend and would help out with drinks/food if needed - I am on Lanier every weekend and would like to meet some other CCF locals

THANKS
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2010 at 2:57pm
I had that 1st post aimed at Tim this morning, but I guess it went wide.

Amy and I are clear through the end of October, so what we need is a date. We'll get the BBQ and the rest will fall into place. Also, a concern about invitations got back to me from last year...if you're reading this, you and yours are welcome! We have some space here, and there's a Holiday Inn ~10 minutes away.

Mark, it's a shame we haven't already met. We seldom go below Gainesville marina, so that's probably why. We're on Little River.

1988 BFN-sold

MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2010 at 3:50pm
because of the convenience factor we usually put in at Charleston and hang around 6 Mile Creek area or go up in 4 Mile if the kids want to ski - in my little boat main lake on the weekends gets scary sometimes, but yes I agree I would like to meet up sometime - were usually out every weekend and sometimes 1x during the weekday evenings - in the future I will send you a message of day/time and maybe we'll drive a litte further to ramp up your end of the lake and try to hook up THANKS
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2010 at 5:36pm
Oct 1-3
Oct 8-10
Oct 15-17
Oct 22-24
Oct 29-31

Only weekend I know I am busy is Oct 29-31.
Greg

86 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2010 at 6:15pm
Roger mentioned a while back that they might be interested if this happens in Oct; so that makes 3 votes. I wonder how the weather will hold out...2nd or 3rd weekend?

Mellish is giving his long term fall forecast tomorrow. I bet it's for hot and dry.
1988 BFN-sold

kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2010 at 6:22pm
Cat has such a busy social calendar!
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2010 at 8:01pm
Wow! Something I might be able to attend provided it is not the first weekend in Oct.
Keep us posted as it is not that far away and it sounds like a fun time.
This is the time of year that I get to ski alot and get away from the tournament scene. Weather will be fine!!!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2010 at 8:48pm
Not able to make it the first weekend, Oct 2-3.
We are wide open after that.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2010 at 10:32pm
I like the 15-17

Although I think the 'instagator' likes the 22-24.
Something about the 4th weekend of the month that they're "FREE-BIRDS"
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2010 at 11:57pm
I may be in for this. Would this be on Lanier or the chatahoochie river? Or are they one in the same at some point?
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
charger496 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charger496 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 12:03am
I'm in the middle of my '77 nautique rebuild, and the plans say I'll be done around the 24th. I've saved lots of pictures for future posting because they are all over 500 megapixles. I'll get around to that eventually, but all my spare time is going to boat work, not computer education. Maybe I can pull it together in time for something. The main stringers are in, and I'll start on the secondaries on saturday. I get two of three days between saturday and monday. The motor comes back from Carolina Machine on friday. I can work on that in the garage at night. Based on other stringer rebuilds, this on is going quickly. It's just 200 hours of work, after all, right? By the way, Keegan, thanks for the in-depth thread. It has helped immensely.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 1:54am
Patti and I attended last year...this is a do not miss event. If for nothing else but Amy's chicken surprise or whatever its called.

Unfortunatly for us tho October is shaping up to be a very busy month. We have a Tennessee trip planned for the 8-10 and an Emmaus weekend the 29-31. Patti has something planned here locally for the 16th. So you guys just call it and if we can make it we'll try.

Sure would love to see all you guys before the river run. Thats still a long way off.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 9:06am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Sorry I missed the post Greg, I was working a Habitat House yesterday and didn't get to the site till today.      I know that I'm definately out the 2nd weekend as our church is doing a BBQ funraiser.

It looks like the first weekend is out for many so looks like we may have to shoot for 3rd or 4th weekend. I've my girls the third weekend but they have asked about going camping sometime this year. Are there any camp sites open after Labor Day?

Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Although I think the 'instigator' likes the 22-24.

Yep, nothing going on this weekend as of now and don't have much planned for Halloweekend either. We could do a reunion/costume party Sat night and even have a twilight Hooch run in costumes. but I know that leaves the Skicat's out.

I'm also game for bringing up the smoker and smoking some chicken for Sunday afternoon or Sat night whichever works out best for the crew.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 9:07am

Sorry I missed the post Greg, I was working a Habitat House yesterday and didn't get to the site till today.      I know that I'm definately out the 2nd weekend as our church is doing a BBQ funraiser.

It looks like the first weekend is out for many so looks like we may have to shoot for 3rd or 4th weekend. I've got my girls the third weekend but they have asked about going camping sometime this year. Are there any camp sites open after Labor Day?

Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Although I think the 'instigator' likes the 22-24.

Yep, nothing going on this weekend as of now and don't have much planned for Halloweekend either. We could do a reunion/costume party Sat night and even have a twilight Hooch run in costumes. but I know that leaves the Skicat's out.

I'm also game for bringing up the smoker and smoking some chicken for Sunday afternoon or Sat night whichever works out best for the crew.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 9:52am
Our move to Winder will be complete on Sept 20 . You can count us in any weekend . We cant wait to meet the southern CC brothers.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 10:06am
Where to start...

John        You and Patti got this started last year and would be sorely missed. Hopefully something will work out.

Steve, I pulled the thread title from the country song. Yes, L Lanier.

Charger, no boat required.

Tim, the campsites are on the south end; not sure if they are open. We can find out, but it's a solid 30 minutes from here by water. There's plenty of room to camp here if you like.
1988 BFN-sold

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 10:18am

Tim, There's plenty of room to camp here if you like.

As long as we don't have to use an outhouse and there's a "public shower" to use we're good.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Tim, There's plenty of room to camp here if you like.

As long as we don't have to use an outhouse and there's a "public shower" to use we're good.

Ha! You know better than that...this is the Deep South.
1988 BFN-sold

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 8:07pm
I would also like to try to make this event. The first weekend is bad for me.

Thanks,

Donald
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 8:40pm
Oct 1-3
Oct 8-10
Oct 15-17
Oct 22-24
Oct 29-31

Is that about right so far?

1988 BFN-sold

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 8:56pm
I think you got it Greg. I throw in a for Oct 22-24!

WHO'S WITH ME!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

I throw in a for Oct 22-24!

You did a Jedi mind trick and this w/e is warmer? Or is just 'cause you'll have to behave on the previous w/e?

1988 BFN-sold

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 9:55pm

Or is just 'cause you'll have to behave on the previous w/e?

I think you knew the answer to this question before you even typed it.
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2010 at 12:29am
Just found out wife has a race on the 16th any other weekend would be better for us.
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2010 at 12:38am
I just learned of this reunion from JoeinNY as he offered to help out with my trip up to his neck of the woods to pick up my new CC.   My wife and boys and I are interested in joining you guys at Lake Lanier - I look forward to more getting more details and meeting fellow "local" Correct Craft lovers!

Can't wait to fire up the new Southwind and see what the top end is! I may have to buy an ACME 540 as I here that is the prop to have for my setup.
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
2008 Ski Nautique 206 w/Factory Tower, EX343 SOLD
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

[URL=http://s328.photobucket.com
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2010 at 1:29am
OCTOBER22----24
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2010 at 2:48pm
Nearly a full month later than last year... but I guess these things don't matter down in the south... I vote we put that date in stone and start to run with it... every other one pushes someone out... and I am sure this one may do the same but at least if we finalize it before we hear about that then we did all we could...

I would recommend that any one reading this go back and check out the last few pages of last years thread as it should help you make the right decision...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
charger496 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charger496 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2010 at 3:41pm
If I have a hard deadline, I'll be motivated to finish the boat. In that case, late October will do for me.
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2010 at 3:45pm
22nd to the 24th works for me.
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
2008 Ski Nautique 206 w/Factory Tower, EX343 SOLD
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

[URL=http://s328.photobucket.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic