Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone seen this before?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MAJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone seen this before?
    Posted: September-09-2010 at 12:14am
I finally got most of the stuff to start my engine and as I was letting it idle I noticed oil in the bottom of the boat.I started looking around and found that where the dip stick goes into the pan, the fitting there is riveted and I guess there's some kind of seal around it on the inside? Thats where the oil is coming from. It's not a crack it seems that what ever was used to make the seal has come loose or something. Can anyone shed some light on this and can I fix it with JB weld without having to pull the engine?
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2010 at 11:27pm
I think Steve in Sc has the same thing going on, I don't think you need to pull the engine. Clean the pan very, very well with brake cleaner or acetone let the solvent flash off and seal it with BLACK rtv. Dont put it on to thick 1/8 in or so is good (over 1/4 in and it will "skin" but it will stay wet in the center.)
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2010 at 3:29am
Well it's worth a try,what have you got to loose? It actually has a gasket on it.Here is a couple of pic's.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2010 at 11:45am
So, it looks like it is bolted on. Check for bolt holes,and see if you can do it the "proper" way first. You shouldn't need JB weld. The RTV will work.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2010 at 12:57pm
That's the same as mine. It's rivited in place and the whole oil pan is covered on the outside in a thin sealant. (1/16 in. ish)
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

MAJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2010 at 2:58pm
Thanks guys will clean it up thhis week and seal it!
marmon77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marmon77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 1:40pm
Put the black RVT silicone on it..... no more leak!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic