NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Norman Get Together 9/25

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 9>
Author
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 12:01am
Here are some more pics. The Chris Craft Classic Cruiser was amazing. I thought I heard that it was a 1954. The pics dont really do it justice. There are several boats I cannot believe I did not get pictures of. Can't wait to do it again!

Joe and Tim talkin prop

Wake surfing behind the 2008

Ummmm does that look like it is riding little heavy?

I videoed this thing coming in and man does it sound good! Will post that vid soon.

Now that's a helm!

Classic indeed!

Nice profile

That horn was amazing!

Eric's 1962 Classic. Correct Craft's first fiberglass model.

My red 73 Skier and Reid's blue 72 Skier.

I got my first ever ski-shot. Good times, great people!

Great to meet you all!

"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 12:00am
Thanks again Reid and Laurie, it was the typical ccfan event a great time with great people, and this year we have even started to add great weather to these events. Same complaint as always... Just not enough time to spend with everyone. In fact last night it seemed 3 hours passed so fast I didn't believe the time on my phone until after I cross checked it with reid's. We couldn't quite kick the second keg but we gave it a good effort. Thanks to everyone for the rides pulls and conversations, those who couldn't make it I hope to see you soon.   Me and bully are having a few drinks and watching some football in the charlotte airport we should be in ny just before midnight, save travels to all.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 10:46pm
Jbear, six man was Hollywood,Johnny,Kurt,Joe,Tim and Eddie
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 10:43pm

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!

Action shots, of the great fun with CCFans and Reidp hosting.

I have to make that trip next year..

Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 10:24pm
Here is my video montage of Saturday evening.
"Kinda makes ya not wanna go back to work"
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 9:19pm
What a great time! A huge thank you to Reid and his wife for putting on such an amazing weekend. Hollywood, his crew, Joe and I were the last one's standing. Keg standing that is till nearly 4am!!!!

I am terrible with names and with everybody's CCF usernames it was a lot to remember, but I had a great time meeting Tim, Joe, Eric, Mojo, Moorefoot, Skicat, Bremson, Hollywood and crew, and many others whose names I never heard or heard and forgot. You know keg stands and ski shots are not very conducive to remembering!

Pics and videos coming later. Youtube is sooooo slow!

1973 Skier
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 12:35pm
Yeap, Stephanie my daughter, talked her into coming last minute. And Kent Upton , towed the Purple Rain down for us so we could all ride in 1 vehicle, and says he had a blast. He's hooked now he says. Another CCFan family member is aboard guys

The horn on that boat sounded like a barge coming down the lake .
It was loud and awesome man!

Also if we had known, Reid had a surprise FLY BY of a prop plane flown by either Petty's or Childress' pilot! Man did he 'buzz' us close with the Top Gun wing wave and all the fireworks! One member did get a pic, so I guess you'll have to wait for it. That was a treat

BF Eddie dock start awesome dude
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 12:01pm

WOW !!!!!

I see Joe and Tim & the guy's, just looking that big boat over and saying:    now that's a party boat..

Marty you are doing a fine job with the updates. Thank you for the great pics. "grasshopper"

And did I see correctly Karen was in some photo's..

Looks like a big blast.

Dave
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 11:57am
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

A Chris Craft---I think the name of his business Classic Cruisers? Billy(BoatDr) or someone will be along to correct me.

I saw this boat a few weekends ago at the Antique Boat Show at Lake Norman. Patrick Cruise and his son own a Boat restoration business near Race City Marine in Mooresville. I believe this is a 55 or 56 model boat. It is beautiful and Patrick is very well know in the boat restoration business. He was a few Wooden and Fiberglass / Wood Century Resorters in his shop.

If you ever go to Race City Marine to visit Reid and Matt, you need to have them take you to Pat's shop Classic Cruisers. It is like a candy store for boat lovers. Lots of antique Out Board Motors. He is also a very nice guy.

I hope this helps,

Donald
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 2:43am
My 2nd 'Tow' Vehicle person bowed out on me last week, so I'm only 1 &1/2 hrs away, so I took Friday off, went down with the Skylark, left the party about 6:30pm Friday nite, then took the 93 SN down this (saturday) morn, and hadn't planned on staying later than 7 pm tonite.
But as we started down the road we could see the rain coming from the West. I didn't want to ruin the guys party and call 'em and tell them I could see it coming, so I guess it came around 8:30 or 9 pm. I hope everyone made it out of the water safely, and doesn't get sick. About 90' and sunny, and the rain was suppossed to hold off till Sunday and the high being 70' I think they were saying.
66 Skylark
93 SN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 2:32am
Ok JoeinEverywhere I know! You are doin' great witrh the pics for us guys! What are you doin' on here tho...you should be still partying! I know HW and Johnny are just getting warmed up!

These events sure are fun...ain't they?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 2:29am
Sorry John(Jbear) still not doing to well with all the names-Remember I'm still a 'Newbie' with these events( 3rd one only for me). Guess you'll have to wait till Sunday late or Monday before we know the correct names and off course 'better' pics.
I'm still shakin' from Joe F (JoeinNY) doing the power turn in the Purple Rain with me digging into the gel with my fingertips .
66 Skylark
93 SN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 2:17am
Midwest boys...HW and Johnny and who? Barefoot Eddie I know..Joe F?

Thanks for the pics Marty. Where are the pics of skicat?

Could've been a cool roadtrip for you me and Eddie Mark. Just needed a little more notice.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 2:12am
A Chris Craft---I think the name of his business Classic Cruisers? Billy(BoatDr) or someone will be along to correct me.
66 Skylark
93 SN
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 2:00am
I would have loved to be there, but did not see this post till just the other day, have fun guys, what kind of boat is the big one? thats nice!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 1:49am
The Midwest Boys, Joe F. and Eddie 'Barefoot' deep watering it. I think?!
66 Skylark
93 SN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 1:46am
66 Skylark
93 SN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 1:28am
Name names on the 6 man. Got a few better pictures? Looks like the water was not the best.

Pretty exciting evening it sounds like.

Sure wish I was there.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 12:59am
6 Barefootin'

6 Barefootin VID

Sorry guys,, camera phone again. That's the Purple Rain as the support boat. The other boat had to be towed in, was out there by myself .
66 Skylark
93 SN
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 12:51am
Chinese fire drill completed in record time. Storm blew in so it was a mad scramble to get boats on trailers. Got the last one on in white capping conditions and 25kt winds and the crew got everything in the garage so the party could continue............still going strong.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Bremsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bremsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2010 at 5:17pm
Leaving shortly, be there 3-3:30.
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2010 at 3:43pm
Leaving in a minute see you soon

1973 Skier
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2010 at 1:42pm
Hope ya'll have a great day on the water!
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2010 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Waterdog Waterdog wrote:

Man, I wish I was there!!!

Ditto...
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2010 at 11:16am
Man, I wish I was there!!!
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2010 at 11:03am
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Awesome! Have fun in CC heaven for us! And keep the pics coming!

...ooh and give us the scoop on tim's so called Tique. Is it a v8? or a k9?

Chris, it's K9 and he's already stolen all the girls hearts and even a few guys.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2010 at 10:47am

Thanks Marty for the pics, it made my morning !!

Now get back to the party with "Purple rain".
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2010 at 2:33am
Awesome! Have fun in CC heaven for us! And keep the pics coming!

...ooh and give us the scoop on tim's so called Tique. Is it a v8? or a k9?
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2010 at 2:03am
I think it is one of Reid's, but guess what? It's a BFN. Both BFN's at top of that pic and my Skylark to the right.
66 Skylark
93 SN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2010 at 1:54am
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

I will be pulling into the Pinkham compound in 4 hrs.

With the Law in hot pursuit no doubt...

More pictures please Marty for us poor guys at home.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic