Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Norman Get Together 9/25

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789>
Author
clarkebar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkebar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2010 at 4:01pm
The 71 is going to have to wait till sometime next year before I can start on it. My wife wants a new porch and screened in area as well. I owe that much for time I spent on the Classic.
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2010 at 4:03pm
He did put on a good show just a little far away to see very well.
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2010 at 4:10pm
A Big Thanks to Reid and Laurie for having us all down at their palace this weekend. You couldn't ask for better hosts. It's always a great time when we all get together. Can't wait till next time!
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2010 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Towermac Towermac wrote:

Actually Tom, the Fire Marshall showed up and after awing at the boats they gave us a demonstration of their brand new fire boat. I am sure someone has pics.

Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

He did put on a good show just a little far away to see very well.

So that's what that was. I thought that was just Hollywood showing off for the crowd!
Greg

86 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2010 at 4:24pm
Yeah that actually was me at party cove.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 1:13am
Reid looks like you sure know how to throw a party.

All those 2001's together look cool. Eric your classic is a real beauty.

All these CCfan gatherings lately nearly have me lining up to get a green card into the US.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 1:24am
Lewy, that is just a warm up or shall we say Trial Run for 2011 River Run in Astor Florida on the last full week end of March.
Book your flight tickets now and save yourself the grief later .Come see how the southerners throw a party/reunion.........Billy
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 1:56am
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

.Come see how the southerners throw a party/reunion.........Billy

North Carolina is still the south! Funny because I used to know people in Mobile that said that was'nt the deep south. I said sheeeeet if you go any further south your either in the Gulf or in Mexico!

I would love to make that reunion. Sounds like a magical place.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 2:15am
Here are a few pics I took.

Greg

86 BFN
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 11:32am
Not much else can be said that hasn't already, great time with some one the planets best people. Reid and Laurie a huge thank you for putting us all up.

Timb, there was a gps run you missed. Sunday the Bounder hit 74.9 with a 13 hour average of 62.7. We hauled the mail home man, there was more left in her but we couldn't hang on to the wheel!!! What an adventure.

Good thing this was my last weekend on the water, ended up with level 2 tears of lower ab muscle from a saturday am slalom crash, probably about the worst out the front I've ever taken LOL! Thanks Tim Morfoot for getting me back in the boat. Been a long time since I did one of those, gotta learn to quit before I get tired.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 11:43am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Good thing this was my last weekend on the water, ended up with level 2 tears of lower ab muscle from a saturday am slalom crash, probably about the worst out the front I've ever taken LOL! Thanks Tim Morfoot for getting me back in the boat. Been a long time since I did one of those, gotta learn to quit before I get tired.

No problem Alan, I was just looking for a good reason to wrap my arms around you and drag you back into the boat.    Hate that I didn't have the camera going when you fell it would have been a good one....

Remember....Pain goes away, and Chicks dig scars!

Hope your doing okay bro' been thinking about you. That was a nasty fall.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

No problem Alan, I was just looking for a good reason to wrap my arms around you and drag you back into the boat.    Hate that I didn't have the camera going when you fell it would have been a good one....

Remember....Pain goes away, and Chicks dig scars!

Hope your doing okay bro' been thinking about you. That was a nasty fall.

I'm just laughing about it now Tim but when I started seeing stars on the way back to the dock I was a little freaked out! I have never done a scorpion with a slalom ski on, video would have had them in stitches for sure. The Kentucky lemonaide and the shotski seemed to work wonders, it's all good.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 12:14pm
Great great time, lots of fun. The lack of skiing shows how much we just enjoyed each other's company. Lots of cool boats and I was happy to meet a few new SE CCFans. I can't thank Reid and Laurie enough for hosting it, and everyone else with the boats, ski equipment, pulls, beverages, etc.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2010 at 12:40pm
Great stories and pictures - keep them coming. Looks like a fantastic weekend! Great people, great times - that's exactly what CCF is all about.

Hats off to everyone who made the trip. It's not easy this time of year. And of course to Reid and Laurie, thank you for hosting everyone!

-Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2010 at 3:15am
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

How in the world can Nautique John concentrate on what he is doing on the pole?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2010 at 9:13am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

How in the world can Nautique John concentrate on what he is doing on the pole?

john

Because Mr. Miahgii taught him to stay focus jbear son.

He did have a smile plastered across his face all afternoon.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2010 at 10:52am
You guys know I'm a big fan of the BFN's. So Skicat, can you crop a close up of the red Barefoot Nautique? I need to know if there is a ring-and-finger on it.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2010 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

You guys know I'm a big fan of the BFN's. So Skicat, can you crop a close up of the red Barefoot Nautique? I need to know if there is a ring-and-finger on it.

Close enough?

Greg

86 BFN
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2010 at 2:35pm
Sorry, I meant is there a ring on that finger?
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2010 at 3:12pm
Gentlemen, relax.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2010 at 3:21pm

No, but there was a new puppy in the family. Classic marriage trial balloon right there: testing of parenting skills, patience, sharing of responsibilities, conflict resolution...its like pharma testing on monkeys if you think about it.

I'd set the engagement over/under at 11 months. Any longer then that and it'd be clear that the bilge kote fumes done got to the boy's good reckonin'.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2010 at 3:29pm
Though not wearing a ring, I'm pretty sure NautiqueJohn is married, sorry tullfooter.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2010 at 5:33pm
Awesome BFN!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2010 at 5:41pm
I'm not sure if it's the angle or the lighting or just my imagination but,..........yes, a very nice BFN, and in almost every picture everyone is staring at the engine. Nice package.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2010 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

No, but there was a new puppy in the family. Classic marriage trial balloon right there: testing of parenting skills, patience, sharing of responsibilities, conflict resolution...its like pharma testing on monkeys if you think about it.

I'd set the engagement over/under at 11 months. Any longer then that and it'd be clear that the bilge kote fumes done got to the boy's good reckonin'.

I'm not sure who was more obediant, Tim or Tique ????
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2010 at 5:47pm
So where are the pics of the new boats, the orange SN, Eric's new SN and the mystery Barracuda that made the calender, but has yet to be photographed as a whole boat?
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2010 at 6:03pm
How about the new 230 that was promised to show up. Never did see it......Reid, you guys get any of that rain thatt got the east. coast
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2010 at 6:52pm
I think everyone took a turn sneaking a peak under the Promo's cover. Everyone gathered around the red SN Saturday morning, the bow provided a serving table for the 20 McDonald's biscuits Marshall brought, thanks again for that those were desperately needed.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2010 at 6:58pm
Hollywood, LOL. I hope it's not quite like that.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2010 at 7:07pm

Ok, you owe me Hollywood!
Greg

86 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789>
  Share Topic