NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Norman Get Together 9/25

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 789
Author
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2010 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Keegan,

Don't let Reid blame you for stirring up granny....I think he might have laid the ground work for you.

From a couple years ago

reid playing in the cove

Wow that thing is screamin!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2010 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Keeganino Keeganino wrote:

Wow that thing is screamin!

I don't know if that boat came up in any conversations that weekend, but when Reid introduced us to his skiff a couple years ago, he said he had it up to 70, and if I recall, implied that that was not WOT. Of course that was right before he and Matt blew it up....which I think Reid still attributes to it being a Chevy.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2010 at 8:10pm
Yep, 70.something WOT on GPS, and my AH is still puckered.
Yep, blew it sky-high, Matt driving, but not Matt's fault. Chevy was to blame for sure.
Or maybe is was the 6200rpm with just 15 lbs of oil pressure.
We were hoping to have it out there for the bash, but ran out of prep time. Seems it's got so much oil pressure now, it's blowing it out from everywhere. Don't ask please. We'll surely have it ready for the next outing.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2010 at 12:46am
Nothing like moving in next to the airport and then complaining about the planes
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2010 at 1:00am
WOW nice..the place to be next year..ha
Good I got my own reunion with Brian in the west cost..LOL
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
oledawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oledawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2010 at 1:12pm
Wow, sounds like I really missed a good one! Serves me right for not paying attention to the forums.....never even saw this! I think that I was just messing around at my lake place only about an hour away
"To profit from good advice requires more wisdom than to give it"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2010 at 10:40pm

For anyone who may be interested, the recent (November/December) issue of Classic Boating has a 8 page article about Pat Crusse and his 54 Chris Commander "Classic Crusser"

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2010 at 1:18am
Wow, I will try to find that issue.

Thanks,

Donald
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2010 at 11:36am
Pete, in case you hadnt figured it out, Pat was the guy I was telling you about- Reid brought us over to his shop last fall... very impressive place! The Commander was still very much unfinished at that point... I couldnt believe he had finished it in such a short period.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2010 at 11:41am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I couldnt believe he had finished it in such a short period.

He told me seven days a week for the last year!   Lot different when it's not a hobby.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2010 at 11:44am
Im not surprised thats what it took... its come a long ways!

I know he's a pro, but its still his personal boat... not sure how he finds the time!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2010 at 11:48am
Sounds like a hobbiest that doesn't have to work. (That's what I want to be).
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2010 at 11:49am
I don't know either Alan, since that's his personal boat as Tim said. But no matter whether it's his own or a customers, that man is always on a mission. He's typically in the shop by 5am. A year ago, that boat had more ribs showing than Pete and I combined.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2010 at 12:47pm
I think the main difference would be 1) the experience (not having to learn how to do everything) 2) a professional shop with all the correct tools and space. 3) possibly a few helping hands (paid help)when most needed.

All in all it's still a major task and he did a fantastic job. First rate work in every aspect.

I haven't been keeping exact hours on the Hurricane but I do know I've logged 60 days since flipping it over. That's basically one person so about 12 weeks if I worked 40 hours a week. Not bad progress and if you put a few guys on that time schedule you can accomplish an awful lot of work in a few months time.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2010 at 12:51pm
Plus he epoxies!!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2010 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Im not surprised thats what it took... its come a long ways!

I know he's a pro, but its still his personal boat... not sure how he finds the time!

I asked him about that and he said that long ago he developed a system that works well for him.. it is basically .. "one for me two for them".. they guy is well on the way to being my hero.    Although well behind Reid's ratio at this point...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 789
  Share Topic