Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What model and what to look out for

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rockingh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockingh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What model and what to look out for
    Posted: October-09-2010 at 1:39pm
Hi Expert Guys
We are looking to buy an inboard boat for boarding in the uk.
We bought a mastercraft (now sold)but it was deemed too large for where we can ski but were told that a ski nautique or craigcraft would be ok.
Can you tell me what models and sizes of your sort of boats were sold in the 80's and there is a boat here for sale which sounds like a possibility???
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SKI-NAUTIQUE-WAKEBOARDING-BOAT-5-8L-V8-/280571048390?pt=UK_Power_Boats&hash=item41535671c6
We think thats as big as the mastercraft was but can't find models specs for those ages.
Also what are the nasties to look for, I noticed in your forum that there have been stringer rot/problems with some. Is this prevalent???
What else to look at.
Many thanks Chris
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2010 at 2:59pm
Chris,
For a start, take a look at the brochures in the reference section. It will give you a good idea of what was available in the 80's.

A MC too big? What model and length was it?

Welcome to CCfan. Here's a direct link to the boat you're looking at

The 85 brochure looks to be on the slim side for info so take a look at the 84 and 86. The specs will be the same.

Yes, anything pre about 90, you need to start thinking stringers!!

Welcome to CCfan.

BTW, The boat was not built as a wakeboard boat however, with ballast, they do work.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rockingh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockingh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2010 at 3:53pm
Thanks Pete
Not sure exactly bout the mc but it was down as 19foot. The problem is the ski club chairman has a craig craft and doesn't want anything bigger than his!!!!

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2010 at 3:59pm
That boat you are looking at is not a 1985. It is probably a 1980 or 1981. The Hull Id number should be stamped on the right side of the stern. The last two numbers should be the year.

My not be a problem for you because the 81s were smaller than the 82-89 model. However, I don't like it when the previous owner doesn't even know what they have. I would be wary of anything the owner told me about maintenance, condition, etc.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2010 at 10:07am
a CC 176 might be worth looking at
"the things you own will start to own you"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic