NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oil Change - ZR6

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
scottsims1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottsims1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil Change - ZR6
    Posted: October-27-2010 at 11:33pm
I was researching oil and filters for my 150 hour change. I found most ppl suggest Rotella 15x40 and moto fl a1 filter. Anyone have suggestions or can validate? 2005 Air206 Limited with a D-drive ZR6..
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2010 at 1:13am
Motorcraft FL1A and Wix 1515 (Napa 51515) are both good choices. The new roller Chevies will be pretty tolerant of most oil, but the Rotella 15w40 is a good one.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottsims1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2010 at 11:30pm
Awesome, thanks!! I picked up two gallons of rotella t and the moto filter at wal mart for 25$$ I have an oil extractor so I should be good to go. Im planning on going in via the dip stick. Anything I need to be prepared for? Thanks again!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2010 at 10:25am
Do you not have a drain tube to drain it through the hull?
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2010 at 10:47am
If you have ANY trouble at all talk to Matt at Race City Marine. Those guys bleed Correct Craft!!!
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2010 at 11:30am
Use the extractor via the dip stick then use it on the drain tube thru the hull, that will get it all out. Oil flows out easier if warm/hot.
Write your hours & change date on the oil filter with a sharpie, helps remind you when it will be due next.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2010 at 1:02pm
that´s another good use for the sharpie!! I have a log book in the boat where I write up all manteinance done, hours, and date...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottsims1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2010 at 4:12pm
How do I find the drain tube thru the hull?? Do I need a tool to open?? Thanks again everyone for the help, I an a noob and have not touched an inboard engine in 10 years. I dont want to foul anything up..
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2010 at 4:26pm
you should be looking for a hose comming from the oil pan..and generally is zip tied to the cooling hoses...at least its like that in the ford engines..
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic