Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What's on my agenda from now till next season...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What's on my agenda from now till next season...

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456>
Author
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2011 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Another one saved! How many Correct Crafts do you think have been soiled with paint because people did not know they could restore the gel?

One more if all my CCFan buddies (with a little help from mu lovely wife) hadn't talked me out of my initial plan .
I'm glad I kept the original gelcoat and very happy with the result I got (even if my arms, back and shoulders hurt like hell from all that sanding and buffing ).

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 2:09pm
nice work there!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 4:27pm
Looks awesome. With every one of these gel buffing project, the guilt builds up. One of these days I'll have to join in.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2011 at 12:50am
C'mon Cbass! Get r done!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2011 at 5:51am
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

Looks awesome. With every one of these gel buffing project, the guilt builds up. One of these days I'll have to join in.

I had that same feeling! All it took was a little driving accident from my wife... Maybe you should let your wife drive her against the dock to get you started...??

But, before you start, train your shoulders and arms first, cause they are gonna hurt .
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2011 at 11:36am
Haha. I'm sure that accident will happen right after I get done with all the work.

I plan on using a DA sander for the majority of the boat when I do mine, so hopefully it won't be too bad.   
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2011 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

I plan on using a DA sander for the majority of the boat when I do mine, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Exactly what I said to myself when I started...

C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2011 at 5:37pm
I forgot you used a DA too...    Any reason you did yours dry vs. wet?
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2011 at 6:54pm
No particular reason, other than being lazy and not wanting the wet mess...
I used 3M sanding disks and they worked great. Did 600 and 800 grit dry with the DA and did the 1200 grit wet by hand with a sanding block.
And believe you me, I was very glad my buddy came to help me on the wet sanding... It felt like it would never end .

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 6:53pm
Final update... She's ready and in the water!!
Thought this day would never come LOL.

Finished the gelcoat repair (what a PITA for an amateur like me...).
Mounted the speakers in the tower.
Put new decals on (not original, but I really love them!!).
Buffed and polished her to a nice shine.
New distributor cap, rotor and points.
New spark plugs.
And so on...

Now she runs like a champ and I'm happy with the way she looks.
Here are some pictures:

mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 7:21pm
Beautiful job sir. Glad you get to enjoy it now!   
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 7:22pm
Looks Great Kristof! Nice job.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 7:29pm
Never saw this thread before today, the work you did looks great, you should be very proud of all you accomplished. I really like the red and black too...and the speaker box is SWEEEET! Congrats man!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2011 at 9:10am
Kristof

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2011 at 9:28am
nice! are those hubcaps?
"the things you own will start to own you"
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2011 at 10:49am
Krisof - Great looking SN you have - I like the year

The line attachment ball on top of your tower is something I have not seen before. Is that common in Europe? Looks like it belongs on top of a Delorean.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2011 at 10:50am
Eric,
Yes on the trailer wheels
No on the speakers

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2011 at 10:53am
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

The line attachment ball on top of your tower is something I have not seen before. Is that common in Europe? Looks like it belongs on top of a Delorean.

Or he got it off a old utility pole!! I wouldn't want to be in the middle of the lake in Kristof's boat during a lightning storm.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2011 at 10:56am
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Its just on that type of tower. Some towers over here have that attachment ball, others have a different type. It does allow me to attach two lines there...
On top of a Delorean...? Ha, if I drive fast enough, maybe I'll start travelling through time

Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2011 at 6:37pm
Kristof the speaker rack looks even better on the boat than in the build pics. Nice lines to compliment the tower. Since I got most of my boat related projects finished before White Lake I have had to fill my free time with other projects. Here is a wakeboard rack I built for the screened in porch out of left over materials from the boat restoration. CPES'ed it first because I read that it is a great primer then painted it old ford blue. Red carpet from the floor and a nautique sticker from the White Lake Marine goody bag.

"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
jeffro28 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffro28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2011 at 6:49pm
keeganino looks good, looks like some cool boards ,have you been to belews lately?think im going friday after court ya ya i ran a red light anyways maybe we can get together and hit belews one day
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2011 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by jeffro28 jeffro28 wrote:

keeganino looks good, looks like some cool boards ,have you been to belews lately?think im going friday after court ya ya i ran a red light anyways maybe we can get together and hit belews one day

I did not make it out last weekend. I was under the house replacing pipes Might be able to make it out Friday. What time?
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2011 at 5:39am
Keegan, that boardrack looks cool!   

jeffro28 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffro28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2011 at 12:33pm
keegan im thinking around 12 of so if you r interested give me a call 336 264 8800   i have a buddy who has been wanting to go out on it so he may want to tag alone also
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 3:13am
looks like a winter well spent to me!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 4:51am
Kristof looks great. that wet sanding is fun but it all seems worthwhile when you get that shine.

But not so sure of the black decals.

If you are interested I can ask my signwriter for the artwork that he used on mine. They are not original but as close as he could get. There has also been a post recently about original decals for the 89 I think it was bama_nautique.

89-90 Decals
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 8:51am
Kristoff, when you look out your window at home do you see alot of hills?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2011 at 8:15am
Lewy,
I know not everybody likes the black decals, but I love them. If ever I decide (not likely, but one can never know)to sell her, I can replace the decals with original ones (White Lake Marine has them).

Eric,
My part of the country is flat, so no hills here...

wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2011 at 9:01pm
Kristoph. Did drysanding go as well as you had hoped? Dry sanding with aggressive paper would make me nervous but if it worked well for you I'll trust your judgement on my next one!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2011 at 12:01pm
Eric,

Drysanding with the DA sander worked better and faster than I thought. One thing to keep in mind is to make wide movements back and forth with the sander, not going over small pieces.
After the drysanding, you'll still have to wetsand with the finer grits before polishing... Lots of elbow grease involved...

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456>
  Share Topic