Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What's on my agenda from now till next season...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What's on my agenda from now till next season...

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 456
Author
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 5:55pm
Kristof that is SWEET!

I just ordered a new prop for mine today and I hope to replace the whole stereo in April or May...looking to go with Roswell but need to give Brian a call first.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Great custom job buddy! Bet that saved you a boat load of cash too huh?

Thanks Zach!
Like the decals on that box? You should, I ordered them from N3boatworks

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2014 at 7:40pm
Well... Started taking off the exhaust manifolds.

First we started to unscrew the bolts from the risers and managed to break of a few of them (red arrows)

A question here: why are the holes marked with the green arrows covered by the gaskets? Does water not have to flow there?
On my newly bought gaskets, there is indeed no hole in these places? Why is that?

After we got the risers off, we started getting the bolts from the manifold off... 15 of them came out without a problem, but then...
One broke off, followed by an "Oh f*cking cr*p" out of my mouth

First we tried to weld a nut on the part of the bolt still sticking in the block... Four tries later, still no budging from that thing!
My uncle even has a special tool that uses induction to get stuck bolts loose. But even then, no movement whatsoever...
After that, we started to drill... After busting three drill bits on that @#§%£+/"& bolt, we called it a day (it was already 9 PM) and I drove home...

Tomorrow we'll have another go at with fresh motivation
Drill it out, tap new thread (luckily, my uncle has taps for american thread)...

So what started as a one hour job is turning into a two day job...
Gotta love these old boats
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2014 at 7:06am
Success! The bolt is out

After busting three more drill bits and working on it for another hour, we finally got the darn bolt out of the engine block.
Off course, the thread in the block was busted too...

Then, we stumbled onto another problem... Where are the taps with the US thread?? Searched my uncles whole shop, but we couldn't find them...
Dang! Oh well, we resorted to a redneck solution.

So, from now on, I will have fifteen american threaded bolts and one metric threaded bolt in my engine

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2014 at 7:20am
Kristof, heat is your friend on those bolts!

The low side of the manifold/riser water passage is the one that is supposed to be blocked. It forces water to be pushed out the top passage. Otherwise, the majority of the water would flow out the low side (path of least resistance), but that wouldn't keep the top of the riser very cool.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2014 at 7:22pm
Thanks for the info Tim!

New gaskets on the valve covers and new plugs and wires...
Now I have to wait for my parts to arrive from the States, so I can bolt the manifolds and risers back on.

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2014 at 5:51pm
As my parts arrived on wednesday and the forecast for the weekend was high temps an lots of sunshine, we jumped into fifth gear and got everything back together.

Tested the engine on the hose and went for a test run on the lake. She runs like a champ and free of any leaks! Whoo hooo!!!

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2014 at 5:55pm
Pics/Video   or it didn't Happen

GREAT JOB KRISTOF

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 7:01pm
Today, I spent more than 8 hours on the boat to get her back to a nice shine.
A waterski season and pulling a showteam has it's toll on a boat
Started with a good wash to get the brown-green mess off from sitting in the water at the marina.
Then, buffing with 3M heavy compound. After that polish and finish with a nice coat of wax...

Man, everything in my body hurts right now! But the result is very satisfying indeed...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2014 at 11:02am
A little video from my new bling lighting...

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2014 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Kristof,
I never realized you were into the "bling"! Over here, the blue lighting on the tower wouldn't go over too big since blue lights are reserved for the authorities.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2014 at 4:41pm
We would also have to wreck the whole look with a 360 degree white stern light when under way or anchored.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2014 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

We would also have to wreck the whole look with a 360 degree white stern light when under way or anchored.

Dave,
I sure agree. It's too bad the white stern light in the transom never went over for many years. For now, we have to put up with the 360 or use the 180 black electric tape trick crossing our fingers it won't be noticed!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2014 at 6:21pm
Kept mine original Pete,the 360 is mounted up on the windshield

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2014 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Kristof,
I never realized you were into the "bling"! Over here, the blue lighting on the tower wouldn't go over too big since blue lights are reserved for the authorities.

If only you knew the plans I have for my Beamer Pete... Badabling!

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2017 at 8:55am
Djeez, last post from more than two years ago... Time to blow the dust off this topic.

Brought the boat to the wrapping company of a friend yesterday.
Do not panic, The boat will look exactly the same, minus the fading of the red gelcoat, leading me to take the buffer every year to make her shine again
So, the red gelcoat strip will be covered by a wrapping sticker.

And, for the purists here, everything done to the boat is still reversible (without major surgical operation) to bring her back to original.

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2017 at 5:48pm
She's ready... Spot the differences

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2017 at 6:20pm
Gedaan me polieren
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2017 at 6:39pm
Wow Quinner!! We speak Dutch now eyh??

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2017 at 10:06pm

She's ready... Spot the differences

No difference, do see you are still driving your mom's station wagon, nice!!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2017 at 10:59pm
Looking good.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2017 at 6:09am
Kristof,
How easily can the wrap be removed? Really, not bad looking!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2017 at 7:39am
Pete,

They used top qualitiy material (from 3M). Each side is done separatly, so if one side is scuffed or whatever, the wrap can be removed on that side in about 15 minutes.
(Is that fast enough to get back to original Pete? )

The laminate is also sealed with a special product on the edges, so no water can get behind it.

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2017 at 7:40am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

do see you are still driving your mom's station wagon

Yeah, mommy loves me

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2017 at 9:30am
looks very nice, Kristof!
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2017 at 9:36pm
Hi my winter to do list on the wife's 2002 Ski Nautique. Replace steering cable, New skins from Chistines, strip boat down, buff, new carpet, new decals and then be ready to ski. Here are some of the pictures.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 456
  Share Topic