Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ProTec Ignition Conversion

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
92skinautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92skinautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2017 at 2:47pm
Well I am still waiting to for the DUI, performance distributors said it was going to ship out and i would have it last weekend but still not here. I got a message that it is out of stock and will come next week. I even offered to have a friend stop in and pick it up but they said it would be here. I'm a little frustrated... not many options thought. I guess is should just be grateful there is a solution to the problem. I will post progress once i get the part. Thanks for all the help that you guys have offered and i will make sure to keep y'all posted.
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2017 at 8:11am
After rebuilding my engine in our 92, which took awhile, anxious to get back out on the water and when did, the "electronic Ignition" went out! More down time! Changed to the retro fit DUI. It has been great ever since, 7 years! HOWEVER, be advised that the coil that comes with the kit is not a hi temp (Epoxy?) That failed (would not run after warming up) and I installed a "Blaster". You can do a search on that. I think was around $40. May want to do that from the start. Good Luck!!
Js
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2017 at 1:59am
Originally posted by 92skinautique 92skinautique wrote:

Well I am still waiting to for the DUI, performance distributors said it was going to ship out and i would have it last weekend but still not here. I got a message that it is out of stock and will come next week. I even offered to have a friend stop in and pick it up but they said it would be here. I'm a little frustrated... not many options thought. I guess is should just be grateful there is a solution to the problem. I will post progress once i get the part. Thanks for all the help that you guys have offered and i will make sure to keep y'all posted.

Update on the D.U.I. installation?
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2017 at 8:55am
Jerry - I thought the DUI dizzy had an integrated coil (GM HEI style).

How did you wire in an external coil?

On a side note, has anyone used DUI's Screamin’ Demon Coil?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2017 at 11:31am
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Jerry - I thought the DUI dizzy had an integrated coil (GM HEI style)

If Jerry's DUI is like mine, it is the GM HEI style as correctly noted above. No external coil needed.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
92skinautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92skinautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2017 at 12:08pm
I finally got the part and the time to put the DUI in. I did it yesterday. I took my time and tried to be as careful as possible. Took the boat out today and it ran great! No hesitation and the power was noticeably different.! I would recommend to anyone doing this job to make sure and lube the 0-ring on the distributor well! It was tough getting it in but the post with the discription of bumping the starter to line it up was helpful. Great fix and the boat runs better than when I bought it! Thanks guys! I will post some pics of the final product also.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic