NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

89 Martinique or 89 Ski Nautique???

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 89 Martinique or 89 Ski Nautique???
    Posted: July-05-2005 at 3:46pm
I am planning to get a CC sometime in the next six months, preferably an 89. All I do is wakeboard, and I've read that the 89 Ski Nautiques make great wakeboarding boats. My wife really wants an open bow though, which the 89 Martinique has. What are the differences between these boats? How do their wakes compare?

Thanks!
ccwalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2005 at 5:13pm
I just happen to have an 89 Martinique for sale. Open bow not available on SN in 89. It does have the 123 power plus power train. The Martinique has leg room in the bow area where the SN and Sport do not. It will seat a bunch and has a great wake board wake. My GPS confirms top speed at 42 which is not bad for this boat. The boat is for sale on this site. 302-377-4343 cell. I also have a pylon for the boat. The trailer is in good shape and ready to tow. I can assist in delivery.
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2005 at 7:17pm
I'm pretty sure your boat will be sold before I'm ready to buy. I've got to convince my wife that a second boat is a good idea or sell my first boat. But your boat looks great. Do you know how your beam compares to an 89 SN? How does the hull shape differ? Is the Martinique basically the same boat with an open bow?
ccwalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2005 at 10:46pm
Call for more discussion.
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2005 at 12:08am
Any ski nautique owners want to weigh in on the differences on these boats?
S.T. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.T. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2005 at 1:50am
Try going over to wakeboarder.com or wakeworld.com and simply searching for "martinique." I remember someone posting some info and wake pictures a while back. To anwser your question though: No, the Martinique is very different from the Ski Nautique. It's more of an open water cruiser...high freeboard, deep vee, lifting strakes, etc. That said, I've obviously never been on one or I'd tell you about the wake myself.
cornem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2005 at 9:26pm
I've got an '89 Barefoot and the wake on it is awesome. The Barefoot has a deeper hull than the Ski.

It's also for sale on this site, just bought a 1999 Pro Air. The wake on the '89 is better the the '99 Pro Air, but the open bow sure is nice and so is the fuel injection.
Gpjaweigh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gpjaweigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2006 at 9:31pm
I have a 1989 Martinique in excellent condition with only 260 hours that I will sell. Just sold our lake house in northern Indiana and dont have a place for it any more. Its always been stored indoors during the off season and you would be impressed- mechanically its top of the line- top speed 42mph and it would be an excellent wakeboard boat. if interested call my cell (937)372-4752
Gpjaweigh
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 12:22pm
I dont know about the marinique but on the Ski Nautique dont limit your self to just an 89. Nautique used the same hull from 82-89 so all of those boats will produce the same wake. The interiors changed a little but they are basically all the same boat.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
ccwalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Gpjaweigh Gpjaweigh wrote:

I have a 1989 Martinique in excellent condition with only 260 hours that I will sell. Just sold our lake house in northern Indiana and dont have a place for it any more. Its always been stored indoors during the off season and you would be impressed- mechanically its top of the line- top speed 42mph and it would be an excellent wakeboard boat. if interested call my cell (937)372-4752
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 3:58pm
dchris; How goes the Mustang? Post them pics!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 7:19pm
[QUOTE=jbear] dchris; How goes the Mustang? Post them pics!

John said it!! I recall the post of the possibilities of 2 boats were out of the question. I agree that the Mustang 17 isnt no "family boat" as far as space goes.

How do you think the wake is on the M17 in your opinion for boarding? I dont board with anyone, so dont know. I will have to get Jbear to give me some lessons!
                             Jeff...

dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2006 at 7:31pm
Well, the two times I've taken it out so far the wake has been extremely nice looking, compared to the boat it replaced. Unfortunately we haven't boarded behind it yet. Won't be long though... I've got to sell an article or two to get the stuff I need to get the boat ready and then I'll be all about fixing up the SS Mini...
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic