NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clinton Spring 2011?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
Author
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clinton Spring 2011?
    Posted: January-14-2011 at 2:18am
Would love to get a road trip in before the boat heads up north this year. Thoughts? Dates?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2011 at 10:36am
Sounds good but waaaayyyy too early for me to plan anything. I would think April would be the earliest we could be ready to hit the water this year. We'll have to check and see when they open the warm side.

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2011 at 3:14pm
I'd love to make the trip this year. Maybe pick up some of the Iowa Guys along the way?

Hawktique?
mdvalant?
Snobsessed and son?
70cc?
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2011 at 5:47pm
I want to say it is April 1 when they open the warm side, but I can double check.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2011 at 7:05pm
April, awww yeah, I don't think you'll get my family out there if the temps arn't at least 70 degrees, but I'll try ha..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2011 at 7:33pm
sheesh...the new sport does has a nice trailer under it...
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2011 at 8:17pm
Mike, I'll offer to bring the two vehicle. Just picked up an 06 Durango Limited with plenty of space for the guys and I'm sure the Hemi would love to tow the Sport!

....Although, my rule of thumb has always been if it's your boat behind the truck, you drive!
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2011 at 8:18pm
That's an offer I may not be able to refuse Chris!!!

How long is this drive from Bellevue? How long would we stay? (gotta ask the boss you know) :)
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2011 at 8:33pm
Looks like it's right at 4 hours. If you could meet us in Davenport that would probably work best.

We'll have to see what everyone decides on for a date and go from there. If everyone decides to go after the 18th I would be in. I'm booked from the 9th-18th and chances for the weekend before are slim.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2011 at 1:29pm
How about Mid May, weekend after Mother's day??? Todd, how would the water's fair around this time??

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2011 at 1:36pm
where is clinton spring?
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2011 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by sweet77 sweet77 wrote:

where is clinton spring?

Lake Clinton is in central Illinois

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2011 at 1:22am
Mid May........SWEEEEEEEEEEET!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2011 at 1:38pm
Read that Mike Hunter brought up Clinton on another thread and thought to "Bump" this... Anymore thought in nailing down a date for the Spring weekend? I suggested mid May, after mothers day? That still viable??
Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2011 at 8:05pm
Mid-May would probably be fine. Our boat will be headed up north come Memorial Day.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2011 at 8:47pm
I'm free the last weekend in May as well as the middle week.

Might be able to wrangle up some Iowa guys
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2011 at 3:14am
I might be down, depending on cheer, football, soccer, and whatever else comes up.
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2011 at 10:08am
Mid May is fine for us, thats our home lake so we'll probably be there anyway so you guys work out a weekend and lets get it started. I'll see Todd next weekend and we'll figure out the best campsites and post a list so you can get them booked.

Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2011 at 1:15pm
The only thing I miss about the north is the friends we made at Clinton lake. Todd is right warm side opens April 1. We cant make plans that far away from home yet but you never know. Its supposed to be 60-65 into next week. We are thinking about trying out the new dry suits Wed-Thurs. Both boats are stored inside and heated only winterizing needed is stable in the tank. We check Chicago weather every day and cant believe our luck in getting out just in time. We are looking forward to seeing all of you again soon.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2011 at 1:33pm
Mike, yeah, you suck. I am down in Atlanta right now and the weather is GREAT compared to home! I washed our uncles car in the driveway yesterday in short sleves! Wish this temp was in Illinois and the boat was ready to go! You are really spoiled down here. You better get out SOON!

Hopefully you and Gail can get back up north. We need to keep working with gail on that slalom ski. Maybe she can teach me how to deep water barefoot!! Deal?

Take care
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2011 at 1:57pm
Mike,
Hope all is well down there in the new diggs... Hopefully we'll see you guys again this boating season (yeah, here in the North it's only a short few) Ha..

OK, so I vote for the Spring gathering to be
MAY 13-15, 2011.......

Todd/Alan, just let us know the block of camp sites to look at.....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2011 at 1:32am
OK, we have normally locked in sites A40-A50. Last summer we did some camping in A14 and A15 (and across the street) just for a change of scenery and it worked out nice. There are great sites in that same cul-de-sac. My best suggestion is to lock in your campsite WHEN THE DATE IS LOCKED IN! The biggest advantage to the A40-50 is the closest location to the shower/bathrooms. At both of these locations, there is a trail that leads down to the lake so people can leave their boat in the lake and get something to eat at the campsite. I honestly could care less where we camp at, so I will pass that decision onto the boss. We will definitely get a spot, but that is my worst time of the year with work. We are 100% committed, but you guys nail the date down.

Dave threw out the 13-15th....sounds good to my family!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2011 at 6:00am
13-15 are clear for me but its the weekend after a show so I'll be getting home on thursday afternoon. If some Iowa guys want to go ahead and prep a boat, I'd be down for providing a tow vehicle as discussed above.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2011 at 10:43am
Sounds like we just lock in the 13-15th. Make plans everyone! We would really enjoy seeing new faces since this is becoming a annual thing. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. The water will definitely be warm.

Just to make everyone aware, it is a public lake. If you make the effort get your "chemically inconvenienced" butts out of bed in the morning you will have good skiing. After 10-11 in the morning the lake does get a bit busy. We do a lot of swimming and hangin' out during the busy part of the day. You can ski again closer to dusk. If you don't get tired of skiing by the end of the weekend, it is your own fault!!! HaHa! I just want everyone to know that you probably won't ski all day long. This is a social gathering with great skiing if you get out in the morning!

I have the dates locked in on my calendar.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2011 at 1:22pm
Hey Todd,

Call me crazy, but I believe I have ski'd behind your boat back in the day. I was on the ski team at Southern in the fall of 95' and our coach towed us behind a red/white nautique just like yours. Just not sure of the year. Only been pulled by a Mastercrafts till then, and that is when I knew I would want a nautique when I finally could get one. Hence, we purchased a 96' last fall. Only took 15 years to do it, but we absolutely love it, we will be heading to Clinton for sure to meet up with you guys!
levin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2011 at 3:22pm
Mark...when did you graduate? Was it 95 you say? I was down there 96-98. Jeff Myers was the coach/previous owner. I visited him a year later or so after graduation and offered it to me. Snagged it December 99. It has been a great boat.

Did you go to Bennets one spring break? You sure sound familiar!

Make it a point to get to Clinton! We have a great group of people in this club and always have a lot of fun!

Great talking to you!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2011 at 3:40pm
I only made it about 1.5 semesters down there (college life), but I ski'd in the fall of 95'. I could'nt remember Jeff's name until you mentioned it. He was a good coach and one hell of a skier. He had a pretty sweet set-up living on the lake that we practiced at with the full course and jump, then that little half course down by his house. We will definetly be heading to Clinton. We do most of our boating there, from our house in Pontiac, we can be in the water in 1.25hrs. Look forward to meeting up with everyone and putting faces with names.
levin
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2011 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by weitekampt weitekampt wrote:

If you make the effort get your "chemically inconvenienced" butts out of bed in the morning you will have good skiing.

Remind me of this before we decide to throw a couple more logs on the fire at 1AM. I don't think I've ever woken up without some ah, side effects at Clinton. That would be a nice change of pace.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2011 at 10:31am
Yeah, but good visiting is priceless. Well, until 6am rolls around! We'll try to behave, but you know it won't happen!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2011 at 11:47am
You guys thing it would be a good idea to reserve one spot just so we can put up several "easy-ups" as a main gathering area??

Looking forward to it !! Clinton's a great time with you all !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
  Share Topic