Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clinton Spring 2011?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
Author
panda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2011 at 4:34pm
weather for saturday in Dewitt, IL 62 and thunderstorms

95 Ski Nautique GT40
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2011 at 11:54pm
But only a 40% chance, according to weather.com.

We should be rolling in around 3 or so Friday afternoon. In theory.

Rob
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 3:29am
If all goes to plan we should be there 5 -6 on friday. We'll be watching the weather for sure.
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 9:35am
we backed out of the camping for the weekend   kid has a soccer game Fri. night as well as Sat. afternoon   that combined with the weather forecast, it didn't look too promising for us    depending on conditions Sun. we may come down for the day

A-46 is now open if someone wants to grab it
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 11:02am
Hopefully we'll see you Sunday Tim otherwise we'll catch you next time.

If any other tent campers need to back out just let us know (Joel, Rob, Kurt,others). At this point we're coming down rain or shine unless everyone else stays home. I think it's rained for at least one day every time we go to Clinton so we'll survive.

We're going to try to get down as early as possible so we can get some shelter up, Bounder canopy and a 10x10 popup. You all know you can warm up/or dry off in the bounder if needed. Remember, the sites have power so bring a small cube heater to dry clothes if you do get wet. Heck, if it rains and keeps us off the water we'll drive into Clinton and go bowling or something until it clears.
panda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 12:16pm
Im going to be there saturday for the day. If the weather sucks I'm just going to fish on my friends bass boat all day. Look forward to meeting you guys.

95 Ski Nautique GT40
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 1:24pm
Guys, you can rest assured that since we purchased a 12X12 pop-up that it will NOT rain.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 9:58pm
Ugh, I backed out a few weeks ago...just forgot to alert the attendees. Oops, hope to see you all soon though.

levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2011 at 9:58am
Were heading there early Saturday morning and camping that night, I belive we are at A-47. Look forward to meeting you guys and hope the weather comes around for us. See you Saturday.
levin
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2011 at 10:17pm
Gang, weather is looking GRIM for the weekend. We may not go based on the weather forecast. Wind, rain, and colder temps for the whole weekend. WTF, Earth?
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2011 at 10:48pm
Joel, I don't know if my contacting you via 15 off is working. I never got Chef23 info.

Kevin     harddock@msn.com
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 12:29am
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Gang, weather is looking GRIM for the weekend. We may not go based on the weather forecast. Wind, rain, and colder temps for the whole weekend. WTF, Earth?

We are also watching the weather close, and we'll see tomorrow. I'm still hoping for a different forecast but if not we're not headed down this weekend.

We will come down instead on June 17-19, just a heads up if anyone else is interested in a rain delay date.

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 12:52am
Yeah- new plan for us is this: We will keep an eye on the weather tomorrow. If Saturday's forecast improves, we'll come down early Saturday AM. If not, we'll have to take a bit of a raincheck.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 9:22am
Totally understandable guys, tents in the rain with kids could make a long weekend. There are still a few diehards coming out so we're heading down after work no matter what. I am determined to grill my first steak of the season even if I do it in a raincoat. If anyone wants my cell number to check on the weather before heading out shoot me an email
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 10:02am
This weather forecast is a bummer, but were heading down in the morning anyway, figure even if it is a little cool, the lake should of warmed up a bit with the warm week we had. Maybe we'll get lucky!
levin
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 10:36am
We're going to wing it. Too much planning has gone into making it to let the weather ruin it. National doppler looks promising for the trip down this morning. If it rains, so be it. Crossing my fingers though...weather.com shows 60% chance of rain today and Saturday. That means a 40% chance of dry

Rob
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2011 at 1:09am
supposed to be windy too, so it doesn't look like a good boating weekend    hope those of you who went are able to salvage the weekend w/ some good food, drink, and socialization despite the conditions    hope we have better luck next time
panda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2011 at 12:49pm
ill head out late in the morning/early afternoon for a lil boating. doubt there will be any skiing today.

95 Ski Nautique GT40
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2011 at 10:54pm
Looks like the triple crown of camping misery based on the weather reports- wind, rain, and COLD. I'm hoping everybody who went still managed to have a good time (and I'm sure they did). Sorry we bailed- I could have done 1 of the three but all three? There's not enough beer in the world. I figured that by us not going, that would pretty much guarantee great weather down there but even that appears to have not worked! Hopefully we can get down there again this year.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

panda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2011 at 11:56pm
didn't make out on the water. washed the boat in my barn in dewitt and decided that the weather sucks.

If anyone wants to come down to clinton to rage with me and a bunch of my friends (there will be 25 yr old girls in bikinis) the first saturday and sunday of june (i think 4th & 5th) we should be out there.

Love to see some correct crafts representing that weekend. Lemme know.

My fiance goes to school in btown, so I won't be camping, but ill rage all day.

Better weather=better turn out of girls.

95 Ski Nautique GT40
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2011 at 3:45am
Sounds like fun . Send pics.
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2011 at 1:49am
I will have to admit, it was a tough weekend weather wise. Even with a camper, it was no fun being locked inside. It was cold and drizzly Saturday and Sunday. I even took my boat home on Saturday because the weather just wasn't going to allow us to get out on the water. Mother Nature was a real bummer.

On the bright side, we did get to see friends again! Friday night we all had some fun sitting in the Arrigi's Bounder and just catching up after a long boring winter. Great to see the Leinen clan from Indiana. Heck, they were the only ones that got to plop the boat in the puddle and enjoy the 80+ degree water! I was very jealous knowing they were enjoying the lake and I was still at work!

Even though the weather dampend the turnout for most people, we sat around last night and had a few beers around the grill and thought about everyone that intended to make it. We missed you BUT SURE CAN'T BLAME YOU FOR NOT COMING!!! You definitely made the right decision! We plan on seeing the RJ clan in June and invite everyone back this summer.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2011 at 3:00am
Wish we could have made it. I'll keep watching this thread till the next one!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2011 at 9:35am
I agree with Todd, weather was a disappointment but we got some good long hours in hanging around with some friends drinking beers and grilling in the rain. Still worth it for us to be there.

I will say that is the first time I've ever been skunked with the boat though. We drove down in the rain, the boat never left the trailer and we drove home in the rain.

I'm sure we'll try again in the fall.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2011 at 12:36pm
We had everything packed up- all the camping gear dusted off and pulled out of the crawl space, etc. It was a major deal to pull back on the trip but the weather just never improved. I was freezing cold in my OWN HOUSE, with a furnace and insulation and a roof.

One possible solution I thought of would have been one of those pop-up 12x12 pavilion tents actually in the water near the reactor outlet! A roof, plus heated water!

Rob and Dena- please come camping again.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2011 at 12:57pm
Weather was a bummer. Company was first class, as always. Got there Friday around 3, the weather was around 80, so we got the tents set up and headed for the lake. About two hours, and the storms rolled in, so we headed back to the campground. After a miserable, cold (but, amazingly, dry) night in the tents, we decided that since the radar showed no breaks in the weather we'd pack up and head for home. Regardless, we'll be back.

We're actually toying with the idea of a cheap, used popup camper. They're all over craigslist for between $1000 and $5000. If I could score one cheap, that might be the way to go for these Clinton weekends. It wouldn't have to be pretty, just dry and warm.

Rob
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2011 at 9:59am
Hey fellas, darn weather looks a little more promising this weekend than last. Supposed to be mid 80's with a chance of showers. Go figure, take a weekend off of work and thats the weather we get. Anyway, I was pretty bummed about last weekend, so were heading down to clinton on Sunday for some time on the water. Maybe we'll see some of you down there.
levin
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2011 at 1:26pm
I think our family will be there for a few hours on Sunday too. I'd imagine that we will be there in the afternoon. After the kid takes his nap. Plus it will be warmer.

If you are there, give me a call! 217-202-5946
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2011 at 5:58pm
Hey Todd, I'll give you a buzz if we head down. Probably be there late morning if we do.
levin
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2011 at 9:55am
well, 1 of 2 things...

1) the world will have come to an end

or, more likely...

2) Sunday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 86. South southwest wind between 9 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.

might want to bring the sailboat

we are planning on camping/boating the 10th - 13th, weather permitting of course
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
  Share Topic