Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reunions....? Question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bama Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reunions....? Question
    Posted: January-27-2011 at 11:01pm
Is there a list of all reunions, locations and approximate dates listed anywhere...?
I have been a member of this site for about a year and have found it to be the best thing since the internet was created.
I want to try to attend a reunion this year but have to coordinate my weekend schedule as well as plan to pull the boat for 8+ hours to attend. I know that I dont have to bring the boat but after all the work put into it would love to bring it and just hang out with CC Fans and future friends.
Any help would be appreciated. I am in Alabama so I am looking for a reunion close by. Thanks.

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2011 at 11:22pm
The post below is from another recent thread where reunions came up. Provides a quick summary.    If you havent notieced the threads on St.John River Run (SJRR) it is right around the corner (geographically and schedule-wise) Check out the SJRR thread. You should try to make it if you can.

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I'll give you a little background on reunions. There are two "official" CCF reunions each year, Green Lake Wisconsin in mid summer and New England/Northeast in late summer. That one has moved around, but probably found a consistent home in Epsom, NH this past summer. Green Lake is the biggest. These have formal agendas, sponsors, raffles...They are set up on the site and you sign up and pay to go.

There are a number of "unofficial" reunions. No formal sign ups, no formal agenda, pretty much someone saying hey lets get together when and where. Sometimes interest builds, sometimes it doesn't work out.

St John River Run is in March in FL. Its unofficial, but is growing to rival the others and now is scheduled to coincide with the Mt Dora boat show. See the thread on that one for details.

White Lake NC. First time last spring, but looks like it has the potential to become a regular thing.

There is another pretty regular well attended event in the fall at Lake Clinton (IN....IL??)

Every couple of years (twice now) a couple of folks dropping in at reids on Norman has grown into quite a little gathering.

And around the world (literally) and around the Calendar, folks get together in small groups anytime, anywhere, (beers in Chicago, boat show in Boston...)

To make it happen, propose something anytime anywhere. If the time and place is right there will be interest. Sometimes they just fall together, other times, it takes some effort on the part of the organizer to make it happen. Firm time and place, places to eat, places to stay.... Green Lake started out as an unofficial gathering, but due to some very significant effort by the organizers, grew into an event that has drawn people from Australia, Belgium, England, CA, NC, FL, LA....

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2011 at 1:24pm
Doug by all means try to make to the SJRR this March. I can promise you that you won't regret it.
To add a little to what Larry has said here's the simple break down.

Saint Johns River Run-FL (SJRR)- March

White Lake-NC - April last year

Midwest-TX - June

Green Lake (Official Reunion)- WI July

North East (Official Reunion)-NY or CT - Sept

Lake Clinton-IL - Aug/Sept?

Lake Norman-NC - Oct

Down Yonder on the Chattahoochee-GA - Oct

Also like Larry said the guys in Chicago gather once a month? for Chicago beers, and a few guys make it to Callaway Gardens, Memorial Day weekend for the Masters Waterski Tournament.

As you can see we are a pretty busy group of enthusiasts and most of the regular Senior members here have an open door policy. If you're in town let me know and we'll go. Greatest thing I've ever been a part of.

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2011 at 2:09pm
Well.. While there are some official and non official, with some semi official gatherings, Morfoot has pretty much nailed down all of the gatherings that have since been created and organized within just the last 5 years within the CCfamily....

If you want to see the most peers, the most selection of new and classic Correct Crafts and genually have a great time, lakeside with you, family and friends, then you'll have to plan the trip to Green Lake, WI in July... This official reunion has seen the likes of fans and their boats from all corners of this country. Many, making it an annual event for them every year. Today, it remains the largest "on water" CC boat reunion in the country...

If this is just not in the cards, then definately try and make a more local event near you. They are all unique, all friendly, and all a blast to attend....

Same for all lurkers out there.. Plan your 2011 schedules and come out and have some fun..

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic