Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

gaudy wakeboard towers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
schultz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gaudy wakeboard towers
    Posted: March-11-2011 at 9:16pm
Why do so many people ruin classic correct crafts by adding ridiculous wakeboard towers to them!! Keep em Original !!!! Just had to get that off my chest
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2011 at 9:49pm
Kyle,
We'll never know what's in some peoples minds.....

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2011 at 9:52pm
Gaudy is in the eye of the beholder! One mans gaudy may be another's dream.

I got my kids interested in slalom and tricks. Now we don't need a tower.
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2011 at 10:16pm
I think the 2001 model should be exempt from this rule...
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
BigAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 12:28am
Sometimes people get more fun out of their boat by using it than looking at it. Other times people prefer the look with the tower. Some people like the sound of large speaker cans blasting backwards. Some people want to tie the rope up high but hate the look of straps running down to the bow. Some people prefer to keep their boards and Sky Ski up out of the boat. There's probably dozens of reasons. Fortunately it's not that difficult to fill holes and make it look completely original again.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 12:46am
Originally posted by BigAir BigAir wrote:

Sometimes people get more fun out of their boat by using it than looking at it. Other times people prefer the look with the tower. Some people like the sound of large speaker cans blasting backwards. Some people want to tie the rope up high but hate the look of straps running down to the bow. Some people prefer to keep their boards and Sky Ski up out of the boat. There's probably dozens of reasons. Fortunately it's not that difficult to fill holes and make it look completely original again.

All very good points , but you forgot one . Some people like to get max air on their tube!!!
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 9:25am
Originally posted by schultz schultz wrote:

Why do so many people ruin classic correct crafts by adding ridiculous wakeboard towers to them!! Keep em Original !!!! Just had to get that off my chest

Because they can.

There is no right or wrong, just difference in opinion.
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 11:52am
Not to hijack the thread...

Big air- Beautiful boat! The reverse gelcoat looks awesome and the gold flake graphics look sick. Nice job finding that beauty and keeping her looking great!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 3:06pm
Towers are more for function than form, If you want a cheap wakeboard boat your only option is to transform an old ski boat. I think taking the time to find one that compliments the lines of the boat, (Or at least does not insult them) is worthwhile. I like the way choppers tower highlites the windshield lines and color. I dont care for the really modern curvey towers on the 2001's. I will stick with the extended pylon because I am cheap.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 3:06pm
I have just engineered my own custom line of wakeboard towers to fit the lines of the classic boats. Also one of the only towers rated for pulling tubes! Starting at just $259.99, $349.99 as shown!

"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 3:08pm
Thats what I am talkin about , a wood tower on a fiberglass boat? That belongs on Petes boat.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 3:13pm
Sometimes I get tower envy but the little Skier is not the right boat for a tower. I did add a skylon with board rack this year. Almost like having a bimini with the boards overhead. Should make it a little easier to move around in the boat too.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 3:15pm

Because they can. Just like you can beach your beautiful classic. The question is the same.... Why? Oh, and by the way, you say keep 'em original but looking over your diary post, that boat was definitely NOT original. Just a casual observation.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 4:33pm
If I had a tower, I would be too tempted to add a seat and controls.
schultz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 4:36pm
Yeah ,, it is aesthetically pleasing not too far from original though platform and stripe are not otherwise its been restored yes those are interior and deck options splash green interior ,color matching deck , water bonnet windshield out of longwood ,   lol ,, I've gotta get me one of those custom wood towers now that's creativity , I like that ,,, all in fun gang
schultz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 4:43pm
Fellow ccf member Matt shrider of wabash IN now enjoys the skier!! I'll have to change that pic , man I loved that boat ,, anyone ever sell a cc and 2 minutes after its gone say why the @#$% did I just do that !
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 4:46pm
I've always wanted this tower.

tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 5:05pm

Not just towers, but also ballast systems. I think it is ironic that engineers and boat designers at CC, MC, and others spent years refining hulls and optimizing weight distribution to minimize wakes as much as possible for the "perfect pass" - and now folks are loading these same ski boats down with hundreds to thousands of pounds of ballast to get big wakes.

I find it interesting how the use of some of these boats have changed over the last decade or more. I am not taking sides, it's just an observation more than anything else.

Some set-ups can look pretty crappy in my opinion, but to each his own I guess. As long as they are getting enjoyment out of it and being safe, have at it.

bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 5:20pm

Fellow ccf member Matt shrider of wabash IN now enjoys the skier!! I'll have to change that pic , man I loved that boat ,, anyone ever sell a cc and 2 minutes after its gone say why the @#$% did I just do that !

Yes, I regretted selling my '83 until 2 weeks later when the guy called me and said he just blew up the motor. Lucky me, unlucky him. Took 10 years of regret and getting rid of my ex-wife until I bought my '96. Now I have a great boat and an even greater lady to enjoy it with.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
schultz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 5:34pm
Ooooo thats really unlucky for him ,,, I sure do miss livin in Orlando so many great places to use the boat, my fav would have to be bird island at lake butler, always fun
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 5:36pm
I go to Bird Island almost every sunday!

p.s., hey Kyle, what's up? You changed your avatar pic and that boat is sold too? Are you back in the water yet? If so, post some new pics! Youre 2 previous boats were lookers for sure.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
schultz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 5:41pm
No I still have the SNOB I had it for sale but gonna keep it don't know how to take it off the for sale part with out marking it sold ,, I love that boat Ski nautique hull with the open bow best of both worlds
Bama Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2011 at 3:16pm

Amen.
I struggled with the idea of a tower on my 2001 but decided to go with a Skylon along with Wakeboard rack.

I posted the same question a while back and got over 100 replies. Seems that there are two very different opinions on this. Some see the 2001 as an average boat and are a dime-a-dozen, while others view them as a classic and want to do everything they can to keep them original. I guess I fall in the purest category and will do what I can to keep mine original.

I posted a link to the thread as well as a link on my decal restoration.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19140&title=ski-tower-struggle

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16890&PN=1&title=if-you-need-shadow-decals-89-90-found-them

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001
Nevergrew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevergrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2011 at 5:34am
Originally posted by tnplicky tnplicky wrote:

I think it is ironic that engineers and boat designers at CC, MC, and others spent years refining hulls and optimizing weight distribution to minimize wakes as much as possible for the "perfect pass" - and now folks are loading these same ski boats down with hundreds to thousands of pounds of ballast to get big wakes.

I'm assuming you've not included the 2001 boats in this statement because mine is a terrible "ski" boat. It is however an AWESOME "wakeboarding" boat - and I don't even put ballast in mine Long live the legend
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic