NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NFL ???

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NFL ???
    Posted: March-12-2011 at 12:21am
Here's what was in my e-mail box today.

Dear NFL Fan,

When I wrote to you last on behalf of the NFL, we promised you that we would work tirelessly to find a collectively bargained solution to our differences with the players' union. Subsequent to that letter to you, we agreed that the fastest way to a fair agreement was for everyone to work together through a mediation process. For the last three weeks I have personally attended every session of mediation, which is a process our clubs sincerely believe in.

Unfortunately, I have to tell you that earlier today the players' union walked away from mediation and collective bargaining and has initiated litigation against the clubs. In an effort to get a fair agreement now, our clubs offered a deal today that was, among other things, designed to have no adverse financial impact on veteran players in the early years, and would have met the players’ financial demands in the latter years of the agreement.

The proposal we made included an offer to narrow the player compensation gap that existed in the negotiations by splitting the difference; guarantee a reallocation of savings from first-round rookies to veterans and retirees without negatively affecting compensation for rounds 2-7; no compensation reduction for veterans; implement new year-round health and safety rules; retain the current 16-4 season format for at least two years with any subsequent changes subject to the approval of the league and union; and establish a new legacy fund for retired players ($82 million contributed by the owners over the next two years).

It was a deal that offered compromise, and would have ensured the well-being of our players and guaranteed the long-term future for the fans of the great game we all love so much. It was a deal where everyone would prosper.

We remain committed to collective bargaining and the federal mediation process until an agreement is reached, and call on the union to return to negotiations immediately. NFL players, clubs, and fans want an agreement. The only place it can be reached is at the bargaining table.

While we are disappointed with the union's actions, we remain steadfastly committed to reaching an agreement that serves the best interest of NFL players, clubs and fans, and thank you for your continued support of our League. First and foremost it is your passion for the game that drives us all, and we will not lose sight of this as we continue to work for a deal that works for everyone.

Yours,
Roger Goodell

© 2011 NFL Properties LLC. Team names/logos/indicia are trademarks of the teams indicated.
All other NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League.

NFL Enterprises - 280 Park Ave - New York, NY 10017

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 12:34am
Yeah, they all have it so bad..
They can all stay home for all I care anymore.
I used to watch baseball all the time and go to games when I was in a
town with a team. After their strike and cancellation of the World Series, I have only seen a few games on TV. Just lost interest.
These guys have nothing to complain about.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 10:20am
once you give something to someone, you have to meet or exceed the payoff the next time. I learned my lesson along time ago at a much smaller scale, one year i had a big payoff near christmas, and i handed one of my guys a thousand bucks, shook his hand, and said good job...well the next year wasnt so good and i only gave him 200.00 bucks.
he didnt talk to me for 2 weeks.
"the things you own will start to own you"
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2011 at 1:47am
Green Bay Packers are the 2010 NFL champs. That's all I care about at this point.

Now as to next year, I highly doubt that they won't figure an agreement between the players union and the NFL. It's the off season, the union issues don't affect the draft, and the players will want to have this settled by summer.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2011 at 2:31am
who cares?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2011 at 3:05pm
I do and here's why-
A lot of the issues have to do with safety and taking care of retired and injured players. The life expectancy of an NFL player is 10 years less than the normal population. My grandfather died at 67... This is not about wanting more money. Back in his time they played 12 regular season games. Now they have 16 and they want to raise that to 18 so its the league in this case that is being greedy and just wants more money not the players.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2011 at 3:21pm
So cut it back to 12 and their salary too. I'll bet they won't want to give up a nickel. I can't feel bad for anyone that makes way too much money which translates to exhorbitant ticket prices. What ever happened to being able to afford to take a family to a sporting event? There are minor leagues, and college games where you get the same if not a better quality game for a fraction of the price. It's time for soccer in America anyway.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2011 at 4:54pm
I love my football NFL and college. Far as I know, they are screwing themselves big time. I enjoy saturday football better though, and just assume to stick with it. Let the pre-medonnas stay home and watch some college football.

We know who the real greedy one is here dont we?? U-N-I-O-N
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2011 at 10:41pm
Bet they'll come back to the table when the repo man comes for their mansion! Let em get a real job like the rest of us!
-Steve the Pirate
86 Barefoot Nautique

Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2011 at 2:38am
Hope you know I did not mean that in a personal way Keegan. Nothing against the older/retired guys. Only the greed on BOTH sides now.
I was a Browns season ticket holder for 6/8 years in the Sipe/Kosear era. Had the 2 tickets right behind my brother. Great fun going to the games then. Changed for sure these days.
BTW...what team did your grandad play for? Did he talk about it much?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2011 at 3:04am
JBear---where ya been?? Get ya reading glasses on-- the following is 3 pages

READ         THIS

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2011 at 3:10am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Hope you know I did not mean that in a personal way Keegan. Nothing against the older/retired guys. Only the greed on BOTH

[what team did your grandad play for?]

john
John: Remember back to Super Bowl time??? Keegan's grandfather played for the Green Bay Packers. The days of our Brown's tickets were great, although that obviously had a lot to do with the great teams back then. One thing I never regret was passing on the PSL bull and giving up the seats after 25 years. Much more to do on a Sunday and college football more exciting for the most part. No winners in the current situation, they all make far to much money. Long gone are the days when players held real jobs in the off season, and I have yet to hear of anyone passing on a potential NFL career because of inherent risks.
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2011 at 3:18am
[QUOTE=MartyMabe] [JBear---where ya been?? ]

Marty:
       You beat me to it....took way too much time for me to compose my reply to him, plus I wouldn't have a clue how to link back to the reference post as you did. Too many people up way too late here!!
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2011 at 10:11am
going down into a coal mine or out on a crab boat outweighs the danger of playing football....for alot less, you know this going into it, so there is no excuse there.
The day i pay 100 bucks for a Jersey will be the day i lose my sanity
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2011 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Hope you know I did not mean that in a personal way Keegan. Nothing against the older/retired guys. Only the greed on BOTH sides now.

No offense taken John I grew up defending the crappy teams he was coaching when I was a kid . His last NFL coaching jobs were for the Giants and then the Colts right before they left Baltimore. He talked about ball some but most of it was tongue in cheek- you can do better then that- look how silly banging your heads together. He sold insurance in the off season while he played for the Packers.

I would like to see the old timers get a slice of the modern mega corporate league that they helped build. My grandmother lost her house and all her things to Hurricane Katrina and is now in poor health living at a retirement home we can barely afford to keep her in. She gets a check from the NFL every month but its not enough to pay the bills. She only gets that because he coached in the NFL. If he had not coached she would not get a dime from them.

Do I think the players make too much money? Most of them. Is the league a greedy corporate machine? Just like every other public company in our country. Just the state of the Union...
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2011 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

Yeah, they all have it so bad..
They can all stay home for all I care anymore.
I used to watch baseball all the time and go to games when I was in a
town with a team. After their strike and cancellation of the World Series, I have only seen a few games on TV. Just lost interest.
These guys have nothing to complain about.

+1 Roger    I've done the same thing. Was a rabid Braves Fan went to allot of games till the strike. SCREW EM! Haven't stepped foot in "The Ted" yet. I hear its a beautiful stadium.

As far as the NFL goes it's everyones fault including the Fans. Players want more money and the owners give it to them. Owners get more for the tickets to pad their pockets and to pay the players. Fans pay the money cause they won't stand their ground and refuse to go.

I love college football cause it's the last time many will ever play the game so they play with all heart and the top guy's want to make to "The Show". Unfortunately college footbal is fast approaching Pro ball as it's nothing but the minor leagues for the NFL and ticket prices are going through the roof. Nothing beats the College football experience at the school IMO but it's getting to the point where it's just better to watch them at or close to home and save a couple hundred bucks.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2011 at 1:59pm
Yep college sports are getting to be ridiculous in price too. Went to a TarHeels basketball game about a month ago. $130 for a pair of tickets. Have not been to a football game in a while but I am pretty sure tix are over $50.

Makes going out on the boat a deal!

1973 Skier
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2011 at 4:42pm
They could always televise waterskiing and wakeboarding!!! Wouldn't do much for football but woul please many of us.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2011 at 7:05pm
even at college level they are starting to sell out...Prior, tressal
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2011 at 8:26pm
Did you see the comment that Adrian Peterson made?

horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2011 at 1:05am
Yep, little does he know he was being offensive to his own heritage.

78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2011 at 3:03am
Thanks Marty. I am always impressed by you guys that can remember these threads and where to find them. Sure am glad there is guys like you on here.
I did see that thread but never visited it..no interest.
But it was very cool to see Keegan's gramps picture. A different era for sure. Like Bill said...it was a treat to have tickets with the teams we had back then. I too have never been sorry that we passed on the bribe..er..PSL. So glad we got to do that together with our wives. One of the many things we have shared over the years.
Small college or my real favorite..high school..now thats football!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic