NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would you guys still love me if....

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would you guys still love me if....
    Posted: March-12-2011 at 6:27pm
I might be the newest member of a Malibu dealership working as a mechanic ...

I fully expect hazing and verbal abuse for possibly betraying CC and working for a sister company.

Very excited about this possibility and hoping it works out well.

Eric
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 8:35pm
I think you will be ok, Eric. If Woody can work at a MC dealer, you can work for Bu.

Congrats on the new opportunity.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 8:44pm
Eric,
Don't worry, you're still welcome here and your input is always welcome.
Now, just don't get any ideas of owning one of the other brands!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 8:56pm
Great boats and from what Iv'e seen, a good company to work for Eric. You won't won't be the first member that's either worked for them or owned one. Good luck on your job!
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 9:16pm

Eric,

If you enjoy what you do and get an offer to better yourself
for your furture.

I would say: Go for it !!!!!!

Dave
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 10:09pm
Get the job first!!!    We'll discuss the luvin' later.

PS   How do you look in a miniskirt?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2011 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Ask and you shall receive DrCC. This is my story and I'm sticking to it: That was my Halloween costume. I was a Yankee's player. Aka a girl/pansy which explains the tampon.

"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2011 at 11:27am
ROFLOL!!!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2011 at 11:33am
nothing wrong with taking Bu money
"the things you own will start to own you"
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2011 at 11:59am
So you are going to be a mole? We need to find their weaknesses!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2011 at 12:03pm
The Bu's are beautiful to look as it will be interesting to get your opinion on build quality and ease of getting to components.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2011 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

So you are going to be a mole? We need to find their weaknesses!

I will happily be a mole! I'll be interested to learn more about the quality of boats they build and how they stack up.

The job was originally contingent on another mechanic leaving but by the end of my interview the owner was impressed enough with me and my knowledge of the inboard market that he said regardless of if this other mechanic leaves he is going to try and find an opportunity for me to work for them. Hopefully it works out that way. I've missed working on boats in the year I've spent doing construction. I'll be praying that it works out.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 8:12pm
I have a second interview Monday to meet the head mechanic and try and go over numbers. He wants me to start Tuesday if we can come to an agreement on finaces.

Say a quick prayer for me guys. This would be a really nice move for me for me both finically and mentally. I miss wrenches!
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 9:01pm
Sounds like an awesome opportunity, Eric. I always enjoyed skiing behind a Malibu. It's a great boat. Best of luck, I hope it works out for you.

A promotion will be working for Correct Craft

Ken
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 11:56pm
Good luck Eric. Hope it works out for you.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2011 at 12:53am

Eric,

I all ready know what the out come will be..........

So turn up Bad Company in your truck Dude....
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2011 at 1:04am
Thanks guys!

Dave the newest excessively loud song is "Happy?" by Mudvayne. I'm feeling pretty happy now
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2011 at 2:04am

Word up......
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2011 at 11:51am
the suspense is killing me. ????
"the things you own will start to own you"
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2011 at 1:50pm
We all have to make a livin.
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2011 at 1:50pm
Good luck Eric!

We're hoping to hear some good news from you soon.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2011 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Ask and you shall receive DrCC. This is my story and I'm sticking to it: That was my Halloween costume. I was a Yankee's player. Aka a girl/pansy which explains the tampon.

Dont wear that to the interview
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2011 at 11:29pm
So I went over to the Malibu dealership today and took the job offer. I am super excited to be working at what seems like a very solid Marina with a really strong emphasis on wakeboarding.

Connorsson- I managed to refrain from wearing that outfit. Although I did feel like if i wore that I might have a "leg" up on the competition...ah...ha...aha get it?

Ill be pushing the sales of Malibu's in 2 weeks at a boat show against Loui of Off Shore Marine who is the North Jersey Nautique dealer.

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2011 at 11:37pm
Two summers ago I spent the whole summer driving a Malibu i-Ride full of Wakeboard campers around.

It was a fantastic all around boat and definitely a fun job.

In this economy, it's great to have a job doing something you like. I'd say working with Malibu's will be a heck of a lot more fun than a lot of stuff that's out there.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2011 at 12:09am
Excellent. Congrats Eric. No telling how far you will go in the ski boat industry if you decide to stick with it. It's a lucky person who can merge their hobby with their career.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2011 at 12:38am
Awesome, Eric. Congratulations!!! You must be pumped. Please don't sell your Correct Craft though.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2011 at 12:39am
By the way, is Malibu powered by PCM?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2011 at 12:47am
Thanks Ken,

They're powered by indmar. I might sell my 2001 and get a Barracuda. A classic is more what I'm into these days.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2011 at 12:57am
Cool. Tired of seeing my 2001 in your rear view mirror? You're a true, dedicated Correct Craft owner.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2011 at 1:03am
Congrats Eric. That's great, best of luck to you. Dont forget to tell them you'll need some time off for the NE CCFan Reunion.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic