NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

-

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2011 at 12:57am
I would not pay anything for it...not in the market. I paid twice that for my boat four years ago. The question is how much would you pay? Mine is a 21' with low hours in very good shape, but I would consider 9500 a very good price for a '93, especially with the HO motor and tandem trailer.
waker319 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waker319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2011 at 1:22am
-
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2011 at 10:43pm
Congratulations & welcome to the family. You will be getting a call from Boat Dr soon! Our welcome wagon . . .
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2011 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by waker319 waker319 wrote:

Glad to hear 850 hours is break in period..lol..
Well I made agreements to pay less than 9500 so it's a good sign..
Anyone else?

Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Congratulations & welcome to the family. You will be getting a call from Boat Dr soon! Our welcome wagon . . .

Congratulations and a big welcome from myself as well.

Now, make sure you get yourself and the boat in the dairies. There's a application to click on to submit pictures and text in that section.

Also, get your first name posted in your profile - I think once you've been around for awhile, you'll see this site uses first names rather than screen names like others.

Please, keep us informed about the purchase.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2011 at 11:55pm
Did you buy this boat yet? I live 10 minutes from the 93 and I'll be out and about tomorrow. I can look probably look at it, if you know the address. Send me an email through the site. BKH
Livin' the Dream

waker319 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waker319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2011 at 1:11am
-
waker319 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waker319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2011 at 1:15am
-
waker319 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waker319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2011 at 1:32am
-
Nautique Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2011 at 1:49am
For what it's worth, i owned a 1989 ski nautique for about 7 years and had no issues with stringers. I sold it last fall. Check all the lag bolts on the motor mounts and the railing that runs around the engine compartment. They should tighten up and not spin like a stripped boat. I stored my boat indoors without a cover on it and always made everyone towel off on theplatform to save stringers and rear seat wood as best you can.

You will love a correct craft! You will never buy another brand of ski boat after owning one. Welcome aboard!
1997 Nautique Super Sport

1989 Ski Nautique 2001 (Sold)
waker319 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waker319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2011 at 6:24pm
-
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2011 at 6:29pm
You need to have water running through that engine. Can be done with fake a lake, or can be run directly into the intake hose, but it needs water.

Is three years without running a problem - you don't know until you run it. I would guess no, particularly in our California Climate, and if the boat was stored indoors. Will need its fluids changed, probably need a new impeller.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2011 at 6:37pm

We won't be able to run it on a lake.

If its supposed to be water ready like its asking price would imply, then I would expect a water test.

The only boats I buy without a water test are $1000 project boats.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2011 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

We won't be able to run it on a lake.

If its supposed to be water ready like its asking price would imply, then I would expect a water test.

The only boats I buy without a water test are $1000 project boats.

Agreed, you should be able to water test it. Plenty of waterways near here and the rain finally stopped, so no real reason not to water test it.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

ky82sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky82sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2011 at 9:40pm
I just got a 66 AT Skier home that hadn't been started in three yrs. I put in new gas, new oil and gas filter, checked plugs and it fired right up. I got lucky. If I were paying that for a 92 and could spend another 1-2k for a 93 I would go for the 93 unless it was trashed or something.
Good luck with either one you get
1982 ski nautique
1966 Al Tyll Skier
waker319 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waker319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2011 at 1:26am
-
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2011 at 1:34am
Essays are always accepted! Maybe this is the reason these boats have been for sale for a while. Obviously these guys have no idea how to sell a boat. Bail, stay patient and find another one. That just what I'd do.... good job this far, wish I could see your face when you experience the difference between the direct drive and i/o!
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
waker319 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waker319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2011 at 1:44am
-
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2011 at 1:51am
Obviously, I have not seen either boat. My gut says pass on the 93. The 92 would have me interested. I think the 92 is just a situation that the guy bought the boat and didn't use it. Looking at the photos, looks like the boat is very clean, house and yards very clean. Just gives me the idea that he takes care of his stuff. I'm betting after 3 years of sitting in the garage, either he realized he just wasn't going to use it and decided to sell, or his wife ordered him to sell it.

Tough to drive two hours each way, but if that boat checks out it appears very nice.

Free advice, with no facts to back it up. Take it for what it is worth. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2011 at 10:05am
Have you seen this 95.???

It's in Bay Area

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2011 at 10:22am
I'm not sure if I would simply pass on the '93 just because the guy is a bonehead and doesn't know how to sell something. Some people still think that's the way you lure someone in and then use stupid tactics to get more money from them. I don't like dishonesty though and clearly it sounds like there was no water involved in warming up the boat. You can run these boats briefly without water, but you should take the belt off of the raw water pump to do it. I have no problem thinking this guy didn't do that either.

If the '92 is that clean and is as cheap as I am interpreting, then I would not worry about the wood stringers. That boat will last for a long time without needing a stringer job if the previous owners have cared for it like they should have. You will get you money worth and so much more.

I hope you find something satisfactory soon and ski the summer away.

Don't be surprised that BKH volunteered his help and advice and don't hesitate to trust his opinion if he is able to come out and take a look. First class IMO.
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2011 at 11:12am
The guy with the '93 just sounds like he was trying to find your absolute top dollar, playing the game. FYI; if he warmed it up without the fake a lake, the impeller is shot. It probably won't suck any water up, but a hose hooked to the boat will probably force water in to cool it. This is food for thought to drive the price even lower due to obvious mechanical trouble (easy fix). if it won't drain the water from a 5 gal bucket in a couple min, it's not sucking (the bucket test).
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2011 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Chopper Chopper wrote:

It's in Bay Area

Nice but I think he's looking for an open bow...no?
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
waker319 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waker319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2011 at 6:53pm
-

mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2011 at 6:55pm
SELL THE BIKE and get the sport!!!

If it's nice enough to bike, it's nice enough to boat. Sport looks like it's in pretty good shape, I always like the one owner thing...as long as he takes care of the thing :)

Definitely worth a look over IMO.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
waker319 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waker319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2011 at 7:33pm
-
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2011 at 7:34pm
Go check out the sport. Having the walk thru boat and extra space will be extremely nice. I've got no complaints on the space of our SNOB, but we're on a little lake and don't have more than 3 people in the boat at a time.

If the 92 is that much nicer than the 93 then I wouldn't hesitate getting the 92. I see the faded letters and oxidation in those pics and wonder if it's been left outside a long time. Like said before, I'd be worried about where it spent it's life before this guy had it. But if the condition reflects good care and you can get the motor checked out then it could be a good deal.   
waker319 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waker319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2011 at 7:49pm
-

mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2011 at 7:51pm
The Ski Nautiques are 19.6ft long and the Sport Nautique you're looking at is 21.6ft long. So...a couple feet of diff if you have a tight garage. You'll notice it to be quite a bit bigger than the Ski Nautiques. Check those brochures closely and you'll find all you're looking for :)
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
ky82sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky82sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2011 at 7:57pm
I don't know about you guys but once someone gives me a price and then I take the time to go test drive a boat, car or anything and then the seller wants to raise the price, at that point I am done with that person and wouldn't buy the boat if it were half price. I guess It's the principle of the thing. I have found if you wait you always find something better.
1982 ski nautique
1966 Al Tyll Skier
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2011 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

Originally posted by Chopper Chopper wrote:

It's in Bay Area

Nice but I think he's looking for an open bow...no?

I though you´d notice that, but looks like a scam..listed is a 95 supersport..ridiculous low price..pictures are from a ski nautique...
Ask them If you can go check it out..they probably will agree prior sending a deposit..jajaj
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic