NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2011 SJRR Recap & Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
Boat Nurse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boat Nurse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2011 at 10:40am
What a WONDERFUL weekend!!!!!! We had a Great turn out! We even had a member come all the way from UK JUST for this event and will be back next year. Bully also showed up and joined us. But he was over served so we didn't see much of him since he was recouperating all day Saturday. He will be going to the UK and the wedding with Roger.

To be truthful, there is no way to know exactly how many people we had. There were 30 boats and 43 people that registered. We had 30 CC Boats at the Glen on Saturday. No way to know exactly how many were with the Meloon contingent not to mention those that just showed up and participated but did not register.

Saturday night, when Mr. Ralph was speaking there were 60 people sitting in the room and you could have heard a pin drop. It was GREAT!!! We feed well over 140 people that night and could have fed more because there was food left over. Billy said that there were several times during the evening when Billy checked on the food and the table was empty and there were still many more to feed. But the grills were full and the food kept coming.

It was a fabulous weekend. We had 5 generations of Meloons plus Lester and Cindy Todd at SJRR. What a treat!!

I think the Meloons as well as Bill Yeargin came away from the weekend with a new appreciation of what we are all about and how we feel about these OLD boats. The Meloon contingent as well as the Todd's told me that they WILL join us for sure next year.

Hopefully, we can add a thing or two for next year and bring it up a notch. We will start earlier next year planning.

Like Tim said, I could not have said it better myself--Its about the people that OWN the boats and the Christian values that the Meloons have built CC on.

Hope to see you all next year,same time same place!!!

The Boat Nurse
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2011 at 11:20am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

as long as we are calling out personal favorites..I gotta go with the close-up of the 2 phone guys..
john

John,
I too picked up that shot and feel it's a classic!! Yes. the "2 phone guys" but you should add the "old" phone guys! Shouldn't Gary be getting his package pretty soon??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2011 at 12:20pm
Whaaaaaat?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2011 at 1:05pm
Yep, Sorry Hollywood....Marshall is officially off the market.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2011 at 1:23pm
Way to go "Lobster Boy"... Congrats to them both..

Glad everyone had a great time this year down on the river !!! The temps great compared to last year.... Great turnout !!!

Tim, Doc, BNurse... Stupendous job......
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

rhubbard88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhubbard88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2011 at 2:08pm
As all who were there have said - this was a great weekend and a great gathering. I too want to say thanks to all that worked so hard to make this deal happen. I am truly amazed at how this has grown - from just a few CC fans in '08 who came by where Reid and I were staying for the Daytona 500 to the first informal gathering in '09 to this past weekend. I really enjoyed meeting again those who I have met before as well to meeting new friends. Hope for continued success and look forward to next year. And Tim, thanks for posting Olive Oyl - she looks good in the water.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2011 at 2:31pm
   A large thanks to all that helped with this years SJRR.
This gathering has continued to grow , and the list of attedee's shows the intrest in a simple,"no plan"event.
I want to thank all that attended this years event, Karen and I tried to make this gathering as user friendly as possible, no plans.
Not better not any less than the "official" events, just different.
The CEO of CC was set back by this bunch of misfits, their loyalty and their love of these old boats.This is the message that Karen and I have tried so hard to convey to corporate at the CC factory.
We are making a few adjustments to the NO PLAN to bring this event to the next level.
While this will never be an Official CCFAN event it has grown and taken on it,s own personality, much in the same way it has for the last two years.
Again Karen and I along with all the members that worked so hard to make this "thing happen" say:

Thank You Very Much
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2011 at 2:51pm
Billy, I saw you and Karen taking more pics on Saturday than anyone else, so I just gotta ask.....where are they? haha
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2011 at 2:58pm
They will send the pics to a few select CCFans to post them up!
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2011 at 10:15pm
Hey where did everyone go? We had a great time with great friends and really fun to have Jbear and Eddie as special guests in my boat.We plan to head home Saturday,back to the cold!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2011 at 10:28pm
Gary, whats the consensus on the fenders?
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2011 at 11:21pm
Quick post here - great time and I am looking forward to next year.

Photos - I gathered all the photos I could from Billy & Karen, Sue, Mr. Morefoot, others and those I took ... I will be posting a link to a hosting service where all can go and view and download if they wish.

There are so many photos to go through - I was asked to remove some "moon shots" so it may take me a bit to go through them and then start the upload over night!

Thanks again Billy, Karen, Tim, David Hendricks, Marty, and all that made this such a great event - as a rookie I have nothing to compare it to but I will say that I feel I have made some very good friendships and look forward to sharing more correct craft times ahead.

Heck - after driving the Orange Crush and other more sexy boats, I may have to upgrade from my big but nostalgic Southwind!!!

Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
2008 Ski Nautique 206 w/Factory Tower, EX343 SOLD
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

[URL=http://s328.photobucket.com
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 12:48am
Chris-- Art said not original but very well made.

66 Skylark
93 SN
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 12:55am
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Gary, whats the consensus on the fenders?

Well Chris I think Arts memories are a bit off . He said they were well thought out but by the marks left by the tooling he could tell it was not their work. He did come over and really checked over my trailer. I did learn that those 2 rings welded on the frame toward the front of the trailer and those vertical bars welded between frame rails that I thought were for tie downs are in fact used to hold the frame when painting.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 12:57am

Dave,

It was very nice to meet you and your hosting skills with
Joy and Susan made them feel very welcome....

Again I owe you one !!

Great time talking with you and loved your cool ride. And I see you already booked the eagle nest. We booked around the corner in the Buzzard Roast for next year..

Dave and crew of ladies

P.S. next stop WLM 2011 see you there..

Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 12:23pm
Dave - right back at you.   I was happy to host your gals and son ... we had fun at the Glen and I was more than happy to share all the room in my floating living room!!   

Can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed meeting you and your family and getting to know your housemates - Marty and his family.   Also, thanks again for the guide pole pads - sweet addition to my trailer redo.

I am looking forward to next year - definately bringing my wife and kids - they are looking forward to it.

White Lake is up in the air at the moment - working through the kids calendar and events.   Will keep you posted.

Expect an email from me soon to follow up on getting in touch with Bruce at Midwest CC.

Thanks again,

Dave
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
2008 Ski Nautique 206 w/Factory Tower, EX343 SOLD
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

[URL=http://s328.photobucket.com
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 1:58pm
looks like lots of fun!!!
Will try to make huge effort, and attend to a reunion, not sure this year though...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
skibum1110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibum1110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 4:26pm
What a great weekend ....Thanks to all who made it happen !!!!!
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
2006 Ski Nautique 206 Limited
2005 Air Nautique 206 Team
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

by the marks left by the tooling he could tell it was not their work.

I assume you removed them on the spot then? Or did you leave those goofy things on there?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 9:22pm
No Tim their still on,Art didn't tell me to take them off
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 9:25pm

No Tim their still on,Art didn't tell me to take them off

Gary,
How is/was Key Largo?! You headed home yet?
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 9:45pm
Still here Reid,hotter than heck.Supposed to be in the 90's tomorrow,headed home to the 30's and 40's Saturday
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

by the marks left by the tooling he could tell it was not their work.

I assume you removed them on the spot then? Or did you leave those goofy things on there?

Gary,
What tooling marks? Were holes actually drilled and not torched??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 11:23pm
Adam--71redrocket

Don't forget to e-mail me!

mtmabe@northstate.net
66 Skylark
93 SN
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2011 at 11:43pm
i sent u an email today
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2011 at 11:05am
Damn looks like fun!!!!

Maybe next year......
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
rhubbard88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhubbard88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2011 at 5:27pm

Dave,

Joyce and I really enjoyed riding in your Southwind on Friday - was definately a fun ride. Hope to see you there next year.

Rodney
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2011 at 8:51pm
Rodney,

I was good to carivan home with you on Sunday, but you are now up to three posts in three years. You are on fire!!!!!!

LOL

Donald
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2011 at 10:52pm
Donald, you just make sure some of that apple pie you brought makes it to white lake
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2011 at 11:11pm
Desert will be served.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic