NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A rough 1993 Ski

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2011 at 11:07pm

Looks Great Kevin!   much better than I expected from those first pics we looked at!    Link no longer works, so I am wondering if sold or the ad is expired? is that the CL post I sent you last week?    To me that didn't look any different than a stock motor.   I could be wrong though...

KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2011 at 11:19pm
Yes, that's the one. Odd, because that link works on my computer.

Go to the Boise, Idaho Craigslist and look for the ad with this title:
1994 Inboard 460 Ford 5.8 LT Engine with transmission!!! - $2200 (Bellevue, Idaho)

It looks stock, but I thought the 351 was the stock motor? Does this guy just not know what he has? Looking again I notice now the "5.8 HO" on top of that plastic panel on top of the motor. If my math is correct, 5.8L approximately equals 351 cubic inches!

Kevin
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2011 at 3:11pm
that was my reasoning too.... 5.8l = 351 cubes... I think the seller may just be confused?

BTW, the link works for me now   
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2011 at 6:22pm
Any Ski Nautique trailer 1990-2009 will work perfectly for you. The 82-89 will fit but will be tight and you may land on top of a fender if not totally centered.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2011 at 7:02pm
seller is confused..thats a 351 HO and puts around 285 Hp in the carbed version..this one pictured is FI so it might put a little more hp...
Only "problem" is it has the protec system..and in the future might need replacing....
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
TX Wind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2011 at 9:23pm
That's a steal. Hopefully you are on your way to Boise to pick it up. It's also period correct for that boat. Somebody correct me if I am wrong but 93 was about the time FI came out for these boats isn't it?
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2011 at 10:33pm
I'm working on settling on a price with him.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
TX Wind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2011 at 3:36pm
Well....keep in mind...this thing is basically plug n play. You can have it in within an afternoon. All those pics of how it's supposed to look? That's it. Very nice set up. Gosh I wish we could get deals like that here in TX. That's gonna be a sweet boat. They may find them for 8 or 9 on the west coast but they bring closer to 12 here.
panda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2011 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by TX Wind TX Wind wrote:

That's a steal. Hopefully you are on your way to Boise to pick it up. It's also period correct for that boat. Somebody correct me if I am wrong but 93 was about the time FI came out for these boats isn't it?

94 was the first year for EFI

95 Ski Nautique GT40
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2011 at 5:40pm
Well - he's got it on eBay now, so I don't know who I am fighting with on price... I'm thinking I have about a 50/50 chance to get it.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2011 at 7:05pm
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2011 at 7:18pm
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2011 at 7:21pm
Interesting Kcory has an engine and KRandy has one. The day of the K's
bonuts View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2011 at 9:34pm
Wow cleaned up it looks like a decent project, I realy thought it looked like more work than it was worth before.

I have seen a direct drive style trailer in Kalispell on craigslist and saw it on the side of the highway with a for sale sign on it. I can't come up with the ad right now. Could be gone I guess but I am driving down Monday to have a tower installed on my Nautique so I will see if the trailer is still down there.

bonuts
Terry
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2011 at 1:42am
Bonuts,

Let me know what you find. I have a ton of relatives that live in the Kalispell / Flathead area, so it might be really easy to work something out.

Kevin
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2011 at 1:43pm
This came up on one of the For Sale Category threads:
Ford 351 for sale
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2011 at 4:00pm
I lost the bid for the one in Idaho. It would have been so perfect.

Me =

Oh well, lots of other stuff to work on while I wait for the next perfect engine/transmission combo to fall into my lap.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2011 at 2:45am
So now that the boat is in the garage I've opened everything up for a very complete drying. Or, I thought that is what I had done. I went down there today and things still smelled "musty". So I hopped in and started looking. There was still water near the drain hole that was seeping from somewhere.

The cooler was basically empty. I pulled up the observer seat and saw the battery box. After some tugging the lid came up and I found my problem. It was disgusting. About 3 inches of water and rotting leaves filled where the battery used to be. Thank goodness the battery was long gone.

So, I grabbed a bucket and began to scoop out soaked brown leaves and other debris with my hands. Gross. I got most of the leaves out and then looked at the gross water: Uh - something just moved. Yup, there were tadpoles growing in my battery compartment.

So, I honestly think the next thing to do is remove everything from the boat for a cleaning. I need to do the carpet anyhow and will have to get everything out to do that. Once everything is out, time to disinfect! It took some real scrubbing to get that smell off my hands. :)

Going to order some Silvercloud gel coat from Spectrum on Monday to start going after the hull issues. I'm in over my head now...

Kevin
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2011 at 11:56am
Better tadpoles than a snake! You may want to save the old carpet as a template to cut the new carpet.
bonuts View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2011 at 4:38am
Had a look for that trailer today, no luck must be gone. I did find myself another project but no dice on the trailer.

bonuts
Terry
2001Stinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001Stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2011 at 11:28am
KR,
Sorry about snatching that motor out from under you.
I plan on dropping the setup in my 86 SN 2001. Should give it a bit more
ponies. It was to good of a deal to pass up.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2011 at 1:31am
2001Stinger,

No worries, man. I am glad that somebody here got the setup. Let me know if there are any parts from that thing you don't use (brackets and such?). He mentioned to me right at the end that the price included "the dash"? I'd pay you money just to post pictures of what arrives at your house. Where do you live?

Kevin
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2011 at 1:32am
Originally posted by bonuts bonuts wrote:

Had a look for that trailer today, no luck must be gone. I did find myself another project but no dice on the trailer.

bonuts

bonuts, Thanks for looking! I honestly appreciate the effort. Looking forward to reading about your new project!
bonuts View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2011 at 3:02am
I would tell all about the new project but this 66 Nova I would hope never sees the lake

I will keep my eyes open for a trailer

Bonuts
Terry
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2011 at 3:18am
Originally posted by KRoundy KRoundy wrote:

So, I honestly think the next thing to do is remove everything from the boat for a cleaning. I need to do the carpet anyhow and will have to get everything out to do that. Once everything is out, time to disinfect! It took some real scrubbing to get that smell off my hands. :)

Is's a good move replacing the carpet. It's probably the biggest contributer to the musty smell, & the smell will come back every time it gets wet.
TX Wind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 7:52pm
Kevin,

Just go to the diaries and pull up all the 93 Nautiques. You should get plenty of pics of that engine and anything else you want to see. Also, you will see all the guys who have them.

BTW...my brother just bought a 92 SNOB...should be very similar if you need some pics of the engine. I know there is a guy with a Paragon on here that has some pretty good pics of the engine area. If you don't know what a Paragon is, you should take a look. Very sweet!

And since we are talking 93's and such...my brother's 92 is red with a white stripe on top instead of the black. I have never seen this and the brochures don't list it as an option. Anybody have any thoughts on that? Was the black stripe a sticker or was it gel?
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2011 at 4:18am
Hey Kevin,
   There is a trailer for a 93 on CL in portland....http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/for/2443380652.html might be just what you are looking for?

Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2011 at 4:20am
Originally posted by Dreaming Dreaming wrote:

Hey Kevin,
   There is a trailer for a 93 on CL in portland.... might be just what you are looking for?

93 trailer

Sorry for the double post.... Link didn't work the first time around
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2011 at 12:57am
I've already contacted the guy. Thanks for looking! I will send you an email with the details.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2011 at 7:58pm
Hi kevin,
   Some engines that sound interesting in the For sale section :)
How's the fiberglass work ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic