Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat Bumper/Fenders

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
slobolg2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slobolg2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat Bumper/Fenders
    Posted: May-15-2011 at 2:12pm
Hi,

I have a 96 Ski Nautique and want to purchase some boat bumpers/fenders for our houseboating trip next month. Does anyone have any recommendations as to which type work the best? I bought the boat used and it came with this type which don't seem to work very well. Thank you

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Boating/Anchoring-Docking/Boating-Fenders-Bumpers-Accessories|/pc/104794380/c/104692680/sc/104318280/Dock-Edge-Dolphin-Twin-Eye-Ribbed-Boat-Fenders/700500.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fboating-anchoring-docking-boating-fenders-bumpers-accessories%2F_%2FN-1100645&WTz_l=Unknown%3Bcat104318280
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2011 at 3:48pm
Link to patrick's bumpers
Patrick,
Those aren't bad but many times with our low gunnel boats and higher docks, these work better: low gunnel bumper

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2011 at 4:00pm
+1 on that
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2011 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Patrick,
Those aren't bad but many times with our low gunnel boats and higher docks, these work better: low gunnel bumper

Second the Low Gunnel Bumper. Picked up 4 of them and can tie up to docks or boats on both sides and not worry.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2011 at 10:53am
The absolute best and cheapest bumper I've found is a hippity-hop ball. You've got enough time to order them online. They come in all sizes and colors. I got mine at Target and they were $11 each with a bungie cord, they inflate to about 2 1/2 ft wide and with 6 nothing will touch my boat or the hydrofoils in the racks.   If take an inflator with you they take up very little space in the boat until you need them.
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2011 at 12:38am
Originally posted by TX Foilhead TX Foilhead wrote:

The absolute best and cheapest bumper I've found is a hippity-hop ball. You've got enough time to order them online. They come in all sizes and colors. I got mine at Target and they were $11 each with a bungie cord, they inflate to about 2 1/2 ft wide and with 6 nothing will touch my boat or the hydrofoils in the racks.   If take an inflator with you they take up very little space in the boat until you need them.

Captain Kangaroo?????   
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2011 at 1:20am
Right now we have Dora, but I kinda like the elephant that jumpingballs.com has. If everybody like them they'll custom print logos for orders of 1000. Maybe a CCF group buy. Seriously though, I've never seen a bumper as cheap or that works as well, we lay them so the handle is the only part above the rubrail and I've never seen anything get out of place.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2011 at 1:48am
I have 4 of the "Tuff Ends" vinyl inflatable buoys:
Tuff Ends.

I have 3 12" and one 15". I'd maybe get two of the 15" inch though, if you let them float in the water, the boat really can't touch the dock, other boat or whatever.

But yeah, I'm realizing I may have paid way too much for essentially hippity hop balls
Rpfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rpfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2013 at 10:48am
Below you can find a Large Selection of boat fenders and manufacturers,
You might want to take a look http://www.craigmarine.info/accessories/anchoring_docking/polyform.htm
Captain Nick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2013 at 12:15am
Sorry for my late response there. The two places that come to mind for fenders would be overtons.com or westmarine.com
Live life to the fullest!
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2013 at 10:16am
Dora is OK, but I prefer Hello Kitty
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2013 at 10:22am
Agree with the hip pity hop balls.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic