Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fish Nautique General Info

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Steve View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fish Nautique General Info
    Posted: July-31-2005 at 10:19pm
Where can I find general information about the Fish Nautique and the Fish Tique. I'm looking for information such as when these models were produced and specifications. The brochures on this site for these models are not that informative.

Also, is the engine located under the steering console? It looks from photos as if the console probably folds forward for engine access. Did CC use the reverse rotation engines on these boats?

I'm sure these boats are overbuilt just like everything else CC built, but how do they perform? Since fishing never seemed to be CC's forte, are they good fishing boats? How's the ride? Easy to dock?

What would top speed be with the most common engine option? (I'm guessing the most common engine was the PCM 351).

I live on a lake in central SC and am interested in getting back into correct crafts, but I'm thinking of trying a Fish Nautique if I can locate one. I'd primarily be using the boat for striped bass fishing and an occasional joy ride.

Final question, I promise. Anymore my skiing consists of an occasional wakeboard pull for me or my wife. I also pull my daughter around on a tube. This would definitely not be an everyday thing and not the primary purpose of the boat. I know the Ski Nautiques are great for this, as I've owned 3 of them, but would a Fish Nautique be too much boat to stand in for towing duties on occasion? I'd bet the wake for boarding is incredible!
Thanks,
Steve
john33617 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john33617 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2005 at 1:27pm
the fish nautique is a deep vee off shore boat, the draft is 3 feet plus , all were RR , till 89 , 2600 rpm = 23 mph , 37 mph top , do not buy to ski , tube, joyride , run in a lake , but is one the best 23 cc inboards ever , 23 seacraft may be the best
chase View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2005 at 1:53am
the fish tique 76 is the same hull as the southwind 20 the motor is exactly where you think it is rides killer with trim tabs if not you can only run slow unless you have lots of weight up front
chase View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2005 at 1:54am
you may call me if you like 731-499-0991
HazeyDavey454 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HazeyDavey454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2005 at 12:46pm
Steve,

I have proudly owned a '77 Fish Nautique since the early 80's and will do my best to answer your questions. Yes, the engine is located under the console and as john33617 said, are predominantly reverse-rotation.

The boat is built with CC's trademark quality level for strength. After almost 30 years, the main structure of my hull is still rock solid. The boat lends itself well to open water fishing and has an excellent, confident feel in heavier seas, much better than other boats I've seen in its size range.

As far as handling/docking goes, it's on course with any single-screw inboard. You've got to know what you're doing, but it's nothing that a little practice won't address.

I'm running the standard 351 and the top speed on the boat (depending on prop), ranges from the mid to upper 30's, maybe 40mph in good conditions..Ironically, "good" conditions for top end in this boat is heavier water. It's truly one of the best players around.--the only thing you need to keep in mind with this boat, is not to plan to stay dry. The spray will get you every time.

While it could never be compared to anything in the Correct Craft Ski Boat realm, I learned to waterski and wakeboard from this boat, and it will pick me up on a deep water slalom all day long. The wake has a nice neat layout for boarding as well. The main drawback is when you drop a skier, it will take a little longer to swing around for pick-up.

Feel free to message me if you have any further questions on the boat and Best of Luck in your search. There aren't too many of them around.

Dave

1977 Fish Nautique - 351
1987 Barefoot Nautique - 454
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic